Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Although I too would like to see her response on the unanimous (bar Sinister) vote,I think it would be wrong for her to be furious because she left the council on her own volition ,if she wanted to change the way of the vote, she should have remained there to effect the change at least among her friends(if she could)
    It's not about her not being there to vote or have a voice to defend him. It's the fact he shouldn't have been put in this position in the first place. He had a plan. They didn't even consider voting on it, let alone allowing him to implement it. Instead, they're forcing him to not only live a lie but to completely give up on his own identity for an unforeseeable time (not just one mission).

Scott Effing Summers!

After everything he has done and sacrificed for the X-Men and mutants. That's why she should be furious.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    It's not about her not being there to vote or have a voice to defend him. It's the fact he shouldn't have been put in this position in the first place. He had a plan. They didn't even consider voting on it let alone allow him to implement it. Instead, they're forcing him to not only live a lie, give up on his own identity for an unforeseeable time (not just one mission).

Scott Effing Summers!

After everything he has done and sacrificed for the X-Men and mutants. That's why she should be furious.
    I actually would have preferred for her to be a voice there to defend him, in fact for me her leaving the council based on this vote is a better pretext than what we got in XoS.Anyway it is what it is. As for him being put in this position I don't know why it was even put to a vote if Ben's mind was wiped or am I missing the chronology of events? Btw do you think Jean could have caught Stasis' words to Scott from space?( since synching with Synch may have alerted her)

I actually would have preferred for her to be a voice there to defend him, in fact for me her leaving the council based on this vote is a better pretext than what we got in XoS.Anyway it is what it is. As for him being put in this position I don't know why it was even put to a vote of Ben's mind was wiped or am I missing the chronology of events? Btw do you think Jean could have caught Stasis' words to Scott from space?( since synching with Synch may have alerted her)
    If only Duggan would remember that Jean is *not* a cold calculating character, right? Oh, well...

I think the QC forced the issue just because his death was *very* public, which I call BS.

Rev, I asked another friend if he had made any sense of the timeline of #6 and #7 (particularly the QC scenes), because it hurt my mind to try and I just can't care enough about this story to put myself through this pain.

I'm dead serious.

The other thing I don't get it? What the hell are those clothes Stasis are looking at on the last page? Are those the clothes Scott was wearing when he called Ben?

Also... please, don't make me speculate. I normally don't like that and I like it even less when it's about a story I'm not even sure why I'm still following.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-28-2022 at 09:11 AM.

Astonishing Member

If only Duggan would remember that Jean is *not* a cold calculating character, right? Oh, well...

I think the QC forced the issue just because his death was *very* public, which I call BS.

Rev, I asked another friend if he had made any sense of the timeline of #6 and #7 (particular the QC scenes), because it hurt my mind to try and I just can't care enough about this story to put myself through this pain.

I'm dead serious.

The other thing I don't get it? What the hell are those clothes Stasis are looking at on the last page? Are those the clothes Scott was wearing when he called Ben?

Also... please, don't make me speculate. I normally don't like that and I like it even less when it's about a story I'm not even sure why I'm still following.
    The clothes of Scott in Stasis' posession has me mystified. Stasis interest in Scott seems sinister in every sense of the word , maybe Stasis is a rejected chimera of Sinister? Suspicious how Sinister abstained..maybe he is onto or part the whole blackmail scheme? Anyway I don't mind speculating on the mystery.

I think Emma is up to her old tricks, seems to me she erased Ben's memories but didn't reveal it to the council because she feels this may drive a wedge between the Summers because it forces both of them to cook up lies and denials. That is what makes sense to me, I don't think apart from Emma (or Sinister) the council knows the changing situation or of Emma's intervention.
    Last edited by Rev9; 01-28-2022 at 09:22 AM.

Spectacular Member

Rev, I asked another friend if he had made any sense of the timeline of #6 and #7 (particularly the QC scenes), because it hurt my mind to try and I just can't care enough about this story to put myself through this pain.

I'm dead serious.

I asked exactly the same in the x-men 7 thread, no answer at all and I am really curious.

The clothes of Scott in Stasis' posession has me mystified. Stasis interest in Scott seems sinister in every sense of the word , maybe Stasis is a rejected chimera of Sinister? Suspicious how Sinister abstained..maybe he is onto or part the whole blackmail scheme? Anyway I don't mind speculating on the mystery.

I think Emma is up to her old tricks, seems to me she erased Ben's memories but didn't reveal it to the council because she feels this may drive a wedge between the Summers because it forces both of them to cook up lies and denials. That is what makes sense to me, I don't think apart from Emma (or Sinister) the council knows the changing situation or of Emma's intervention.
    If Stasis is a clone of Sinister, it's not one who has ever been to Krakoa, because he doesn't seem to know how the resurrection and the memories work.

As for Emma... Duggan writes her as a bolder version of Jean and Jean as a softer version of Emma. Meaning, I don't think he'll get Emma to do anything that manipulative, which is probably not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    I asked exactly the same in the x-men 7 thread, no answer at all and I am really curious.
    I know, right? I read the issue with zero patience, so when I got there I was: "wait, did I miss something?" And that got me thinking on the whole order of events of #6 and #7 and I got flashbacks from trying to see the logic in Inferno #1 and I decided I would *not* put myself through it - no matter how much my brain wanted to order that mess - because it's just not worthy of my time.

That's why I'm being lazy and asking friends instead. :P
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-28-2022 at 09:45 AM.

Astonishing Member

If Stasis is a clone of Sinister, it's not one who has ever been to Krakoa, because he doesn't seem to know how the resurrection and the memories work.

As for Emma... Duggan writes her as a bolder version of Jean and Jean as a softer version of Emma. Meaning, I don't think he'll get Emma to do anything that manipulative, which is probably not a bad thing.

I know, right? I read the issue with zero patience, so when I got there I was: "wait, did I miss something?" And that got me thinking on the whole order of events of #6 and #7 and I got flashbacks from trying to see the logic in Inferno #1 and I decided I would *not* put myself through it - no matter how much my brain wanted to order that mess - because it's just not worthy of my time.

That's why I'm being lazy and asking friends instead. :P
    Yeah if Stasis is a clone , he doesn't yet know how the RP function and this has me wondering a very left field angle..maybe Stasis is a clone of Cyke ,Sinister made that didn't get the eye beams bit got genius intellect? He would be analogous to Maddie being Jean's clone.. would explain him targeting Cyke and even keeping some paraphernalia or emulating him if he's followed him for a long while.Anyway whacky ideas aside let's wait and see who Stasis really is, maybe it's Dr.Richard Parlance in this reality..

I was generally opining about what could be in Emma's repertoire regardless of writer.I think only time will tell if Duggan mellows her. Though I wouldn't discount Emma doing Emma even under Duggan.

Yeah if Stasis is a clone , he doesn't yet know how the RP function and this has me wondering a very left field angle..maybe Stasis is a clone of Cyke ,Sinister made that didn't get the eye beams bit got genius intellect? He would be analogous to Maddie being Jean's clone.. would explain him targeting Cyke and even keeping some paraphernalia or emulating him if he's followed him for a long while.Anyway whacky ideas aside let's wait and see who Stasis really is, maybe it's Dr.Richard Parlance in this reality..

I was generally opining about what could be in Emma's repertoire regardless of writer.I think only time will tell if Duggan mellows her. Though I wouldn't discount Emma doing Emma even under Duggan.
    I'm sorry, Rev, I just don't care enough about this story to indulge you. I was actually looking for answers in case someone bothered thinking about it. :D

Astonishing Member

I'm sorry, Rev, I just don't care enough about this story to indulge you. I was actually looking for answers in case someone bothered thinking about it.
    At this point I don't think anyone has a concrete answer, just speculation and conjecture..compared to the Moira saga the answers should be pretty simple and straightforward. Mystique in Emma's form told every QC member why Scott should have a new identity

At this point I don't think anyone has a concrete answer, just speculation and conjecture..compared to the Moira saga the answers should be pretty simple and straightforward. Mystique in Emma's form told every QC member why Scott should have a new identity
    I'm not really talking about what is still to come. People do not even know the order of the events? The two QC meetings look so weird to me. Jean is back and Forge and Jumbo are talking to the QC about Captain Krakoa's uniform in #7. But Jean wasn't around for #6, while Scott is already rescuing cats as Captain Krakoa, fully aware of how the tech works, so... uh?

EDITED: The meeting in #7 *has* to happen after the events of issue #6 because Scott mentions calling Ben to Jean. Right? So... why are they presenting Captain Krakoa's costume?

You see? It hurts. Have you figured it out? I don't want to think about it.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-28-2022 at 12:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'm not really talking about what is still to come. People do not even know the order of the events? The two QC meetings look so weird to me. Jean is back and Forge and Jumbo are talking to the QC about Captain Krakoa's uniform in #7. But Jean wasn't around for #6, while Scott is already rescuing cats as Captain Krakoa, fully aware of how the tech works, so... uh?

EDITED: The meeting in #7 *has* to happen after the events of issue #6 because Scott mentions calling Ben to Jean. Right? So... why are they presenting Captain Krakoa's costume?

You see? It hurts. Have you figured it out? I don't want to think about it.
    'A week from now' is how issue #6 begins, so the order is to read issue 7 first.

The confusion comes at the council meeting, I think there are two meetings ,chronologically the first is six days from the point book 6 begins ,it is marked 'Six days from now.Krakoa' That meeting had Scott forced to become Captain but this likely occured a day before events of book #7. That first meeting is also likely the same day Cyke tried to call Urich and his memory was erased moments before Cyke got to call him.

It is my understanding book 7 begins the day after Ulrich's mind was wiped and marks a week from book 6's narrative
    by which I mean the two books converge into one here , because Issue 7 synopsis says 'Dr.Stasis ..managed to get his hands on an autopsy report of Cyclops...human reporter Ben Urich received a tip ,leading him to discover the secret of mutant resurrection. Between now and then someone has erased Ben Ulrich's memory of resurrection...' The resurrection of Scott is fast tracked (which we know can be done because it was done with Santo) and thus we have a second Krakoa meeting with Jumbo and Forge demonstrating the suit to Jean, a resurrected Scott and the QC. The suit he is already using in issue #6 because it comes on the heels of issue 7. The only sticking point is the conversation with Synch seems to have Scott with the suit before he even calls Urich..the only way to reconcile that is attempt to say Forge gave him a suit for a trial run first but also presented it to him in front of the rest

The interesting thing for me is when Scott tells Jean 'I'd like you to look back at my chat with Ben the other night' he probably wanted to confirm that it was not his memories of their conversation erased during resurrection , to be sure that it was Ben who lost his memories, and that he could narrow down the suspects(with Jean ruling herself out)..for me this opens up an angle of Scott going to war with QC because memories of any Krakoan could be tampered with (which I've always had an uneasy apprehension about.) Coz Ben losing memories of some critical Krakoa secret is in no way pretext enough to go to war with the QC.Though I don't know if the writers meant for it to reflect my angle.
    Last edited by Rev9; 01-28-2022 at 02:21 PM.

'A week from now' is how issue #6 begins, so the order is to read issue 7 first.

The confusion comes at the council meeting, I think there are two meetings ,chronologically the first is six days from the point book 6 begins ,it is marked 'Six days from now.Krakoa' That meeting had Scott forced to become Captain but this likely occured a day before events of book #7. That first meeting is also likely the same day Cyke tried to call Urich and his memory was erased moments before Cyke got to call him.

It is my understanding book 7 begins the day after Ulrich's mind was wiped and marks a week from book 6's narrative
    by which I mean the two books converge into one here , because Issue 7 synopsis says 'Dr.Stasis ..managed to get his hands on an autopsy report of Cyclops...human reporter Ben Urich received a tip ,leading him to discover the secret of mutant resurrection. Between now and then someone has erased Ben Ulrich's memory of resurrection...' The resurrection of Scott is fast tracked (which we know can be done because it was done with Santo) and thus we have a second Krakoa meeting with Jumbo and Forge demonstrating the suit to Jean, a resurrected Scott and the QC. The suit he is already using in issue #6 because it comes on the heels of issue 7. The only sticking point is the conversation with Synch seems to have Scott with the suit before he even calls Urich..the only way to reconcile that is attempt to say Forge gave him a suit for a trial run first but also presented it to him in front of the rest

The interesting thing for me is when Scott tells Jean 'I'd like you to look back at my chat with Ben the other night' he probably wanted to confirm that it was not his memories of their conversation erased during resurrection , to be sure that it was Ben who lost his memories, and that he could narrow down the suspects(with Jean ruling herself out)..for me this opens up an angle of Scott going to war with QC because memories of any Krakoan could be tampered with (which I've always had an uneasy apprehension about.) Coz Ben losing memories of some critical Krakoa secret is in no way pretext enough to go to war with the QC.Though I don't know if the writers meant for it to reflect my angle.
    Okay, thanks, but that still doesn't make sense, Rev.

Let's make the chain of events shorter, shall we? In issue #6:

1) Captain Krakoa is floating (= Scott is wearing and knows how to operate the suit) above the memorial for Cyclops at the Treehouse.
    2) He talks to someone. Walks through the portal into the Treehouse. Deactivates the suit, talks briefly with Ev and tells him he will use the subway entrance to clear his head.
    3) He's thinking. He calls Ben. He realises someone mind-wiped him. Issue #6 ends with him looking really lonely and depressed.

Now, those events happen in sequence, right?

But during the QC meeting on #7, they're presenting him the Captain Krakoa suit. We know this happens *after* the events I just enumerated because Scott mentions the talk with Ben. So... Was Scott killed again and they're having to present him Captain Krakoa's suit again? Is that why Stasis has his clothes?

Or... is it just a stupid mistake editorial should have caught?

Or am I missing something *very* obvious?

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

1) Captain Krakoa is floating (= Scott is wearing and knows how to operate the suit) above the memorial for Cyclops at the Treehouse.
    2) He talks to someone. Walks through the portal into the Treehouse. Deactivates the suit, talks briefly with Ev and tells him he will use the subway entrance to clear his head.
    3) He's thinking. He calls Ben. He realises someone mind-wiped him. Issue #6 ends with him looking really lonely and depressed.

But during the QC meeting on #7, they're presenting him the Captain Krakoa suit. We know this happens *after* the events I just enumerated because Scott mentions the talk with Ben. So... Was Scott killed again and they're having to present him Captain Krakoa's suit again? Is that why Stasis has his clothes?

I thought the clothes was what stasis was wearing when he offed cyke. Though kinda weird he'd keep it in a tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    I thought the clothes was what stasis was wearing when he offed cyke. Though kinda weird he'd keep it in a tube.
    The jacket is the paramedic suit, then? Though it looks different, that makes sense! Thanks!

EDITED: Especially if you consider that it seems splashed with blood.

How about the rest? Any ideas?
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-28-2022 at 03:53 PM.

Astonishing Member

Actually you are right there is an irreconcilable continuity error that I've discovered, when he talks to Ev he says 'The way I fell was so public' meaning he acknowledges his death , but how can he die before even reaching out to Ben?

Without that bit of acknowledging his fall it lines up nicely as below :
    1)First QC meeting happens 6 days from start of book 6
    2) Your point 3 , he calls Ben to find out his memory has been erased.
    3) Events of book 7 begin (as underscored by synopsis immediately after Ben's mind is tampered with), Stasis sends attack, Cyke dies during the confrontation.
    4) Also in book 7 ,he is resurrected ,talking to Emma.
    5) Second Meeting with QC ,Jumbo and Forge present the suit(at some point before he called Ben, he tried the suit for a trial run probably saving cats and running into Spidey which doesn't have to necessarily be following events of book 7 hence week mentioned in book 6 is completed as book #6 transitions into book #7)
    6) He is floating at the treehouse following events of book 7 because it shows people mourning him(which you number point 1)

Because he acknowledges his 'fall' being public everything goes haywire.. I saw that scene at the treehouse like a deja vu of him entering the treehouse over and over, I thought he enters to talk to Synch after testing the suit , not immediately after witnessing mourners in that single moment, because Synch referenced the first QC meeting imposing their decision (and saying no to Scott's choice) .That conversation is at odds with everything else. The only option left is to take the reaching out to Ben as indeed after his death, which is odd because while book 7 synopsis agrees that Ben's loss of memory comes at a cost (which we can view as Scott dying first) it flies in the face of Cyke acknowledging he met Ben before he died to Jean upon his own resurrection..it's a serious error with no way to reconcile the story.Duggan was on some ganja The only way this works is to make **** even more complex and convoluted by explaining that Cyke talking to Ben is a false memory he has after resurrecting, he didn't meet with him but thinks he did, hence why he asks for Jean to confirm this memory and Jean realises Ben's mind was wiped in real time...and even that barely sticks since her answer suggests Cyke just wanted to confirm she wasn't part of this scheme which rules out it being carried out then and there.

Stasis having his clothes as someone said it could be his paramedic disguise, but in light of everything not making sense who cares by this point?
    Last edited by Rev9; 01-28-2022 at 06:34 PM.