Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Warlioncomics View Post
    That was really abandoned by Morrison
    The 12 and the search for cyclops messed up Scott but from a writing perspective anyone could write a story where they have a kid and at the same time Scott is going to therapy or anything like that but Morrison didn’t like them as a couple so they did what they did
    that would have made Scott come across as an even bigger douche than he did at that time.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warlioncomics View Post
    That was really abandoned by Morrison
    The 12 and the search for cyclops messed up Scott but from a writing perspective anyone could write a story where they have a kid and at the same time Scott is going to therapy or anything like that but Morrison didn’t like them as a couple so they did what they did
    It's all very heavy-handed and I'd say super problematic, but I guess Morrisson just didn't realize *what* he was actually writing. It's part of a bigger problem in our society and pop culture.

I don't read his run in isolation, though. So, for me, the context of what came before matters. And I'd guess it should matter for any writer who is taking their jobs seriously.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that would have made Scott come across as an even bigger douche than he did at that time.
    I think Warlioncomics meant real therapy.

I don’t mean Emma’s therapy , or even Jean -considering that she has a degree in psychiatry that’s forgotten- since there should be no relationships between a therapist and their patients

I meant real/normal therapy

Incredible Member

Jean has a degree in psychiatry? A degree? When was that established, recently? I have no recollection of that up to her dying in Morrison's run. I'm talking 616 Jean here. Maybe I'm just forgetting, but I would think I'd remember a degree in it. Of course, any writer can pull something out of their rear end at a moment's notice. That is how I saw Emma's qualified sex therapist line under Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Jean has a degree in psychiatry? A degree? When was that established, recently? I have no recollection of that up to her dying in Morrison's run. I'm talking 616 Jean here. Maybe I'm just forgetting, but I would think I'd remember a degree in it. Of course, any writer can pull something out of their rear end at a moment's notice. That is how I saw Emma's qualified sex therapist line under Morrison.
    It's comics, writers always add things later. Jean went to college for sure, but what graduation I don't think writers even told at the time. My memory sucks
    It rarely come at play on comics. She is mostly a informal therapist helping friends

Emma being a sex therapist was really weird. If that was a ironic line, writers later took it seriously. And it makes Scott look really bad. Now if she was a sex therapist and got in a affair with the client? that is abslutely wrong. I don't think Morrison thought about this seriously

Jean has been shown to study advanced psychology in X-factor. That is probably what was meant, psychology not psychiatry. Jean went to Metro college, Columbia, and later Teen Jean attended Empire State. We don’t know how much was completed each time but I like to think she has at least a BS degree.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Jean has been shown to study advanced psychology in X-factor. That is probably what was meant, psychology not psychiatry. Jean went to Metro college, Columbia, and later Teen Jean attended Empire State. We don’t know how much was completed each time but I like to think she has at least a BS degree.
    Teen Jean didnt complete anything. She dropped out the first issue it was introduced in EXM and never went back

Teen Jean didnt complete anything. She dropped out the first issue it was introduced in EXM and never went back
    I was talking about totality but do we know long she completed before dropping out? Did she get a semester in lol

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    It’s a BS degree alright
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    It’s a BS degree alright
    BS as in bullsht?

BS as in bullsht?
    That’s what I was implying. It was a joke.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    It’s a BS degree alright
    Bachelor in Arts (Psychology) stated in issue 3 of X-factor if I recall correctly, she died before she completed college so she went back for some night classes. Was shown to attend in one issue. I assume she completed it off panel but it was never mentioned again as the X-factor team did not have much stability in terms of bases, or having a life outside of getting attacked

Its issue 5
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 05-16-2022 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Bachelor in Arts (Psychology) stated in issue 3 of X-factor if I recall correctly, she died before she completed college so she went back for some night classes. Was shown to attend in one issue. I assume she completed it off panel but it was never mentioned again as the X-factor team did not have much stability in terms of bases, or having a life outside of getting attacked

Its issue 5
    She also majored in Physics according to this page from one of those guidebooks. I can't remember which:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    She also majored in Physics according to this page from one of those guidebooks. I can't remember which:

I'd take half of those with a grain of salt although wasn't Polaris Geology and not archaeology. Also Havok wasn't archeology either there was like a side story of it.

Iceman is definitely accounting, but never did any chemistry

And if I'm not mistake was Rogue not law? Though Carey seemed to suggest she was degreeless

Thats from one of the Gen x preview magazines, they really undersold Beast there biophysics and physical education no PhD
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 05-16-2022 at 04:26 PM.