Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    No actually it is the reverse you enumerate the events correctly but

1) Meeting 1 happens
    2) Your point 3 , he calls Ben find out his mind has been erased
    3) Events of book 7 , Stasis sends attack, Cyke dies during the confrontation
    4) Also in book 7 ,he is resurrected ,talking to Emma
    5) Second Meeting with QC ,Jumbo and Forge present the suit(at some point before he called Ben, he tried the suit for trial run which doesn't have to necessarily be following events of book 7 )
    6) He does heroics including the floating following events of book 7 because it shows people mourning him(which you number point 1)

You are right in as far as as the panels should have been presented in a more linear way and not jumping all over the place, instead the 'title cards' (is that what they are called?) give a not so elegant timeline we are supposed to follow, because they are not many of them pinpointing the time but I think we've done ok so far.

The stasis having his clothes I think has little to do with this death as Cyke wasn't wearing them.I think Stasis is just obsessed with emulating Cyke , he saw him talking to Urich ,so it wouldn't be a stretch to think he simply had been following Cyke and just bought matching outfit or it was sold as memorabilia after his death and he bought them incognito. OR as someone said it could be his paramedic disguise.This outfit mystery is either minor and there's not much to it or it may not be resolved right now anyways.
    Thanks, my friend. Really.

But no. I'm going to call Occam's Razor here and say the events in #6 I described happen one after another. He floats over his memorial, he goes into the Treehouse, he tells Ev he is going in the subway, he goes into the subway. He calls Ben.

There's nothing that indicates this part isn't a direct sequence.

So easiest way to explain all this mess: editorial didn't do their part.

K.I.S.S. :P
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-28-2022 at 05:23 PM.