Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Scott and Jean Appreciation Thread 2022

Another year, another appreciation thread for the X-Men's most enduring romance.

To start things off, here's a piece I found online by Leo Matos and Cédric Humbert.

Scott-Jean324.jpg
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

not as cute as Kurt and Logan but still fun!
    D10383AA-DCE4-4E9C-8C6A-5370592BBA36.jpg

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Thanks for rebuilding the Boathouse, MarvelMaster616.

And thank you both for sharing the art. Gorgeous. :)

I love the Xmas theme for the Rockabilly milkshake scene, Su! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Thanks for rebuilding the Boathouse, MarvelMaster616.

And thank you both for sharing the art. Gorgeous.

I love the Xmas theme for the Rockabilly milkshake scene, Su!
    You're very welcome. Given the recent events with Captain Krakoa, it'll be interesting to see what sort of challenges Scott and Jean will face in 2022.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Found this on Deviant Art by FeydRautha81.

Scott-Jean327.jpg

In the latest issue of X-Men you see how Scott has total trust in Jean Grey and zero for Emma.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    In the latest issue of X-Men you see how Scott has total trust in Jean Grey and zero for Emma.
    It's not a either or situation he canonically loves both women.

I was looking for instances of Scott losing his glasses or being clumsy for an unrelated topic that I’ve been discussing with a friend, when I found this cute X-Men First Class story.

I don’t know if it is canon and those versions of the teens seem a bit off when compared to the original run, but I think the characterization gets more right than wrong and I think their interaction is spot-on when it comes to the accident with the glasses.

I had actually prepared the panels that show that Xavier is trying to help Scott out by keeping the other teens away, but I can’t post them due to forum rules on page per issue limit. Anyway, it’s not entire out of character for Charles either, it’s just a way more fun instance. Here’s the original:

Okay, so for this issue, the Professor takes the team for a vacation in one of Warren’s family beachfront house in Florida. Before arriving at the Worthington’s house, Xavier wants to visit a friend nearby, Dr. Curtis Connors. At Connors’ house, his wife tells them that he’s missing and what is going on. The team feels compelled to help finding him. Charles apologises because that was supposed to be a vacation, but Hank and Warren are extra motivated to help and they think they can pull the task off on their own, allowing the others to still enjoy the vacations. So Xavier tells the other 3 teens to go to Warren’s house while they look for Connors.

While Angel and Beast are looking for the missing scientist, Bobby is being his childish self and pretty much acting like a third-wheel for Scott and Jean as they are enjoying the private beach by the house. And that’s when the Professor helps Scott out: he contacts Bobby telepathically and suggests he gets inside to protect himself from the sun, being more vulnerable to sunburn because of his mutation. Bobby is very grateful for the reminder and he runs inside while Xavier tells Scott: “Don’t say I never did anything for you”. :D

Like I said, it’s not really in character, but it kinda is. Besides, it’s supposed to be fun.

And that’s when this happens:

Scott loses his glasses and he’s ready to start beating himself up and ruining the fun, but that’s when Jean does her magic and suggests something he wouldn't dare thinking of. And he accepts her suggestion:

And not only she defuses the situation, she makes him feel understood and accepted and maybe even less angst-y about his destructive optic beams.

Of course, she’s in love with him, but this is just Jean being Jean. And that’s one of the reasons why the boy loves her back.

Lastly, when Charles calls for Bobby’s help, Scott is ready to jump into action and he even seems a little disappointed the Professor didn’t ask for his and Jean’s help. And that’s when Jean asks him: “Do you really care?” :D

This mirrors some of their interactions as their 616 adults, in which he is way too focused on the job and misses the opportunity right in front of him and Jean is the one who reminds him that certain things can wait for after the… fun. Those little moments are gold! Or, at least, I think so because I can relate too being way too focused. So much so it’s not even funny. But it kinda is! :D
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-28-2022 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Found this on Deviant Art by FeydRautha81.

Scott-Jean327.jpg
    Oh... I really like this! Thanks for sharing! :)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul
    I was looking for instances of Scott losing his glasses or being clumsy for an unrelated topic that I’ve been discussing with a friend, when I found this cute X-Men First Class story.

I don’t know if it is canon and those versions of the teens seem a bit off when compared to the original run, but I think the characterization gets more right than wrong and I think their interaction is spot-on when it comes to the accident with the glasses.

I had actually prepared the panels that show that Xavier is trying to help Scott out by keeping the other teens away, but I can’t post them due to forum rules on page per issue limit. Anyway, it’s not entire out of character for Charles either, it’s just a way more fun instance. Here’s the original:
    Okay, so for this issue, the Professor takes the team for a vacation in one of Warren’s family beachfront house in Florida. Before arriving at the Worthington’s house, Xavier wants to visit a friend nearby, Dr. Curtis Connors. At Connors’ house, his wife tells them that he’s missing and what is going on. The team feels compelled to help finding him. Charles apologises because that was supposed to be a vacation, but Hank and Warren are extra motivated to help and they think they can pull the task off on their own, allowing the others to still enjoy the vacations. So Xavier tells the other 3 teens to go to Warren’s house while they look for Connors.

While Angel and Beast are looking for the missing scientist, Bobby is being his childish self and pretty much acting like a third-wheel for Scott and Jean as they are enjoying the private beach by the house. And that’s when the Professor helps Scott out: he contacts Bobby telepathically and suggests he gets inside to protect himself from the sun, being more vulnerable to sunburn because of his mutation. Bobby is very grateful for the reminder and he runs inside while Xavier tells Scott: “Don’t say I never did anything for you”.

Like I said, it’s not really in character, but it kinda is. Besides, it’s supposed to be fun.

And that’s when this happens:

Scott loses his glasses and he’s ready to start beating himself up and ruining the fun, but that’s when Jean does her magic and suggests something he wouldn't dare thinking of. And he accepts her suggestion:

And not only she defuses the situation, she makes him feel understood and accepted and maybe even less angst-y about his destructive optic beams.

Of course, she’s in love with him, but this is just Jean being Jean. And that’s one of the reasons why the boy loves her back.

Lastly, when Charles calls for Bobby’s help, Scott is ready to jump into action and he even seems a little disappointed the Professor didn’t ask for his and Jean’s help. And that’s when Jean asks him: “Do you really care?”

This mirrors some of their interactions as their 616 adults, in which he is way too focused on the job and misses the opportunity right in front of him and Jean is the one who reminds him that certain things can wait for after the… fun. Those little moments are gold! Or, at least, I think so because I can relate too being way too focused. So much so it’s not even funny. But it kinda is!
    This is a really good information. It gives to the issue a different perspective.
    Btw, I miss this Jean, telling Jokes

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    This is a really good information. It gives to the issue a different perspective.
    Btw, I miss this Jean, telling Jokes :D
    I like these books. It's certainly a different take on the characters, but it doesn't sound too contradictory. It's like it's a hybrid of the Evolution cartoon and the O5 original run. I don't think it's canon, but it's certainly a fun, lighthearted read.

As for Scott and Jean's humour in the 616, I have a whole file of my headcanon dedicated to it, based on a few canon instances, how I understand the characters and their relationship. :D

Spectacular Member

I like these books. It's certainly a different take on the characters, but it doesn't sound too contradictory. It's like it's a hybrid of the Evolution cartoon and the O5 original run. I don't think it's canon, but it's certainly a fun, lighthearted read.

As for Scott and Jean's humour in the 616, I have a whole file of my headcanon dedicated to it, based on a few canon instances, how I understand the characters and their relationship.
    ok now I need this file

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    It's a tense situation, that's for sure. But we've seen this trend with Emma since she and Scott broke up. She has her own agenda. Even if she still cares deeply about Scott, she'll continue to pursue that agenda, regardless of whether or not he agrees with it. That could certainly cause issues down the line. It makes me wonder if we'll get another clash between Jean and Emma at some point. If so, that should make for quite a spectacle.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how Jean handles Scott having to be Captain Krakoa. What happens when someone asks about her late husband? How is she going to navigate that? It's going to be awkward, but in an entertaining way.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    It's a tense situation, that's for sure. But we've seen this trend with Emma since she and Scott broke up. She has her own agenda. Even if she still cares deeply about Scott, she'll continue to pursue that agenda, regardless of whether or not he agrees with it. That could certainly cause issues down the line. It makes me wonder if we'll get another clash between Jean and Emma at some point. If so, that should make for quite a spectacle.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how Jean handles Scott having to be Captain Krakoa. What happens when someone asks about her late husband? How is she going to navigate that? It's going to be awkward, but in an entertaining way.
    I'd be more interested in seeing how furious Jean was when he told her the QC forced Captain Krakoa on him and that none of their friends voted against it.

EDITED: But then again... it's Duggan writing her... never mind.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-28-2022 at 06:26 AM.

Astonishing Member

I'd be more interested in seeing how furious Jean was when he told her the QC forced Captain Krakoa on him and that none of their friends voted against it.

EDITED: But then again... it's Duggan writing her... never mind.
    Although I too would like to see her response on the unanimous (bar Sinister) vote,I think it would be wrong for her to be furious because she left the council on her own volition ,if she wanted to change the way of the vote, she should have remained there to effect the change at least among her friends(if she could)