Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 138
  1. #31
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    2,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    No actually it is the reverse you enumerate the events correctly but

    1) Meeting 1 happens
    2) Your point 3 , he calls Ben find out his mind has been erased
    3) Events of book 7 , Stasis sends attack, Cyke dies during the confrontation
    4) Also in book 7 ,he is resurrected ,talking to Emma
    5) Second Meeting with QC ,Jumbo and Forge present the suit(at some point before he called Ben, he tried the suit for trial run which doesn't have to necessarily be following events of book 7 )
    6) He does heroics including the floating following events of book 7 because it shows people mourning him(which you number point 1)

    You are right in as far as as the panels should have been presented in a more linear way and not jumping all over the place, instead the 'title cards' (is that what they are called?) give a not so elegant timeline we are supposed to follow, because they are not many of them pinpointing the time but I think we've done ok so far.

    The stasis having his clothes I think has little to do with this death as Cyke wasn't wearing them.I think Stasis is just obsessed with emulating Cyke , he saw him talking to Urich ,so it wouldn't be a stretch to think he simply had been following Cyke and just bought matching outfit or it was sold as memorabilia after his death and he bought them incognito. OR as someone said it could be his paramedic disguise.This outfit mystery is either minor and there's not much to it or it may not be resolved right now anyways.
    Thanks, my friend. Really.

    But no. I'm going to call Occam's Razor here and say the events in #6 I described happen one after another. He floats over his memorial, he goes into the Treehouse, he tells Ev he is going in the subway, he goes into the subway. He calls Ben.

    There's nothing that indicates this part isn't a direct sequence.

    So easiest way to explain all this mess: editorial didn't do their part.

    K.I.S.S. :P
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-28-2022 at 05:23 PM.

  2. #32
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Thanks, my friend. Really.

    But no. I'm going to call Occam's Razor here and say the events in #6 I described happen one after another. He floats over his memorial, he goes into the Treehouse, he tells Ev he is going in the subway, he goes into the subway. He calls Ben.

    There's nothing that indicates this part isn't a direct sequence.

    So easiest way to explain all this mess: editorial didn't do their part.

    K.I.S.S. :P
    I actually edited my post #30, even though I didn't know you replied to the unedited post ..you are right there is serious error

    I re-post it below

    Actually you are right there is an irreconcilable continuity error that I've discovered, when he talks to Ev he says 'The way I fell was so public' meaning he acknowledges his death , but how can he die before even reaching out to Ben?

    Without that bit of acknowledging his fall it lines up nicely as below :
    1)First QC meeting happens 6 days from start of book 6
    2) Your point 3 , he calls Ben to find out his memory has been erased.
    3) Events of book 7 begin (as underscored by synopsis immediately after Ben's mind is tampered with), Stasis sends attack, Cyke dies during the confrontation.
    4) Also in book 7 ,he is resurrected ,talking to Emma.
    5) Second Meeting with QC ,Jumbo and Forge present the suit(at some point before he called Ben, he tried the suit for a trial run probably saving cats and running into Spidey which doesn't have to necessarily be following events of book 7 hence week mentioned in book 6 is completed as book #6 transitions into book #7)
    6) He is floating at the treehouse following events of book 7 because it shows people mourning him(which you number point 1)

    Because he acknowledges his 'fall' being public everything goes haywire.. I saw that scene at the treehouse like a deja vu of him entering the treehouse over and over, I thought he enters to talk to Synch after testing the suit , not immediately after witnessing mourners in that single moment, because Synch referenced the first QC meeting imposing their decision (and saying no to Scott's choice) .That conversation is at odds with everything else. The only option left is to take the reaching out to Ben as indeed after his death, which is odd because while book 7 synopsis agrees that Ben's loss of memory comes at a cost (which we can view as Scott dying first) it flies in the face of Cyke acknowledging he met Ben before he died to Jean upon his own resurrection..it's a serious error with no way to reconcile the story.Duggan was on some ganja The only way this works is to make shit even more complex and convoluted by explaining that Cyke talking to Ben is a false memory he has after resurrecting, he didn't meet with him but thinks he did, hence why he asks for Jean to confirm this memory and Jean realises Ben's mind was wiped in real time...and even that barely sticks since her answer suggests Cyke just wanted to confirm she wasn't part of this scheme which rules out it being carried out then and there.

    Stasis having his clothes as someone said it could be his paramedic disguise, but in light of everything not making sense who cares by this point?
    Last edited by Rev9; 01-28-2022 at 06:40 PM.

  3. #33
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    2,116

    Default

    Dam, I skipped one of your posts again. I’m so sorry…



    Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    ok now I need this file :D
    You don’t know what you’re asking for! You don’t know the depths of my madness. :D

    In short, I think they’re both funny, but in different ways.

    Jean is not a jokester and she certainly only lets her goofy side out around her close friends, because deep down, she’s still a little shy. I think her humour is witty and light-hearted. And while it’s never mean, it can be childishly naughty. I think when it comes to Scott, it’s mostly about teasing him on those obvious things he completely misses and it can work as a very effective tool to cut through his stubbornness because she just teases him, she doesn’t mock him. [Note: I’m not judging him for not seeing stuff right in front of him. I’m *just* like that, as I’ve just showed for not having considered that the clothes in Stasis tank, splashed with blood, were the clothes he wore to kill Cyclops some pages before, instead of the clothes Scott wore in the previous issue]

    Scott is funny, but most people around him wouldn’t agree because they wouldn’t even realise when he’s joking and when he’s serious. Or sometimes he’s being dead-serious and people think he’s joking. The reason for that is because his humour comes (mostly, but not exclusively) from simply pointing out how absurd reality is, with a super tiny difference in the delivery between how he’d tell a “joke” or state facts. I think Jean, being the natural social expert she is, can always tell and it cracks her up, making people around them wonder if she’s crazy or if one has to be a telepath to get that joke. But I think when they’re alone, his humour also gets much goofier and naughtier because he feels comfortable. Anyway, since most people can’t really tell when he’s joking, I think he actually “jokes” (if you can call it that) more often than Jean and around people that doesn’t know him well.

    Like I said in Jean’s thread, I’ve been trying to learn more about MBTI and if you consider the types of personality I think the theory would best describe as theirs, it would make sense too. Again: you don’t know the depths of my madness! :D

  4. #34
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    2,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I actually edited my post #30, even though I didn't know you replied to the unedited post ..you are right there is serious error

    I re-post it below

    Actually you are right there is an irreconcilable continuity error that I've discovered, when he talks to Ev he says 'The way I fell was so public' meaning he acknowledges his death , but how can he die before even reaching out to Ben?

    Without that bit of acknowledging his fall it lines up nicely as below :
    1)First QC meeting happens 6 days from start of book 6
    2) Your point 3 , he calls Ben to find out his memory has been erased.
    3) Events of book 7 begin (as underscored by synopsis immediately after Ben's mind is tampered with), Stasis sends attack, Cyke dies during the confrontation.
    4) Also in book 7 ,he is resurrected ,talking to Emma.
    5) Second Meeting with QC ,Jumbo and Forge present the suit(at some point before he called Ben, he tried the suit for a trial run probably saving cats and running into Spidey which doesn't have to necessarily be following events of book 7 hence week mentioned in book 6 is completed as book #6 transitions into book #7)
    6) He is floating at the treehouse following events of book 7 because it shows people mourning him(which you number point 1)

    Because he acknowledges his 'fall' being public everything goes haywire.. I saw that scene at the treehouse like a deja vu of him entering the treehouse over and over, I thought he enters to talk to Synch after testing the suit , not immediately after witnessing mourners in that single moment, because Synch referenced the first QC meeting imposing their decision (and saying no to Scott's choice) .That conversation is at odds with everything else. The only option left is to take the reaching out to Ben as indeed after his death, which is odd because while book 7 synopsis agrees that Ben's loss of memory comes at a cost (which we can view as Scott dying first) it flies in the face of Cyke acknowledging he met Ben before he died to Jean upon his own resurrection..it's a serious error with no way to reconcile the story.Duggan was on some ganja :confused: The only way this works is to make shit even more complex and convoluted by explaining that Cyke talking to Ben is a false memory he has after resurrecting, he didn't meet with him but thinks he did, hence why he asks for Jean to confirm this memory and Jean realises Ben's mind was wiped in real time...and even that barely sticks since her answer suggests Cyke just wanted to confirm she wasn't part of this scheme which rules out it being carried out then and there.

    Stasis having his clothes as someone said it could be his paramedic disguise, but in light of everything not making sense who cares by this point?
    And we come full circle! Thanks! I don't really care. I'm going to count this as yet another indulgent scene that the editors didn't prevent from being published and call it a day.

    But then again... my brain has a life of its own and I literally woke up with a possibility in my mind: what if the Scott and Jean in that QC scene in #7 are not really there? What if he's showing her his memory of something that happened while she was out of the planet? I know, there is absolutely *nothing* in the art that suggests they're revisiting one of his memories via her telepathy. But like I said, it wasn't a rational thought, my subconscious mind worked it out while I was sleeping 'cause it just can't stop! (In case you're wondering: no, I'm not bragging. Yes, it's effing exhausting).

  5. #35
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    And we come full circle! Thanks! I don't really care. I'm going to count this as yet another indulgent scene that the editors didn't prevent from being published and call it a day.

    But then again... my brain has a life of its own and I literally woke up with a possibility in my mind: what if the Scott and Jean in that QC scene in #7 are not really there? What if he's showing her his memory of something that happened while she was out of the planet? I know, there is absolutely *nothing* in the art that suggests they're revisiting one of his memories via her telepathy. But like I said, it wasn't a rational thought, my subconscious mind worked it out while I was sleeping 'cause it just can't stop! (In case you're wondering: no, I'm not bragging. Yes, it's effing exhausting).
    Nah GSoul, you're not bragging, I can relate when I am challenged to explain something, I really gnaw at it, looking at so many alternatives.So It is only while trying to explain this to you while making sense of it myself ,that I saw this grave error. So in a way you should take some credit . Actually with the way resurrection works we can assume to take certain scenes that don't fit as false memories, though that is very deep rabbit hole that seems to be bottomless, so I tend to steer clear of it, though in this scenario it can be forced tenuously since Jean is scanning his mind(if he was a telepath it would fit like a glove because he would interpret the mind change in real time) but as he's not, her answer seems to simply assuage his concern because he is not in the loop to apportion blame to the right person.

  6. #36
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    2,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Nah GSoul, you're not bragging, I can relate when I am challenged to explain something, I really gnaw at it, looking at so many alternatives.So It is only while trying to explain this to you while making sense of it myself ,that I saw this grave error. So in a way you should take some credit :D. Actually with the way resurrection works we can assume to take certain scenes that don't fit as false memories, though that is very deep rabbit hole that seems to be bottomless, so I tend to steer clear of it, though in this scenario it can be forced tenuously since Jean is scanning his mind(if he was a telepath it would fit like a glove because he would interpret the mind change in real time) but as he's not, her answer seems to simply assuage his concern because he is not in the loop to apportion blame to the right person.
    Our minds actually work quite differently, Rev. But that's not a bad thing! :)

    It didn't even cross my mind that it could have been a false memory. Scott's showing what he remembers to Jean (via her telepathy) would just be a faster way to tell her what happened, specially if he's looking for any fishy details. But again: there is *nothing* in the art that suggests that they are re-visiting one of his memories. The idea came to me as a subconscious insight. The conscious fact-checking showed me that it is most likely *not* the case.

    I just thought of sharing the idea in the name of fairness (since I'd been critic of that mess).

    As for how my mind works, I once told Hizachi or Lucy that if one day they find out there's an alien attached to my brain, my reaction will be: "yep, that makes sense". Because my mind is *always* trying to understand what is behind everything, what's the meaning of everything and that is *not* productive at all, especially when I'm not even emotionally invested in the stuff. So I have this inner battle going on in which I often tell myself: "Stop doing this! It's pointless and you don't even care! Tempus fugit, girl! Use it better!"

    EDITED:

    Which reminds me of a song:



    See how this works? It does *not* stop! :D
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-29-2022 at 04:03 AM.

  7. #37

    Default

    Found this piece on FaceBook by Dan Veesenmeyer

    Scott-Jean328.jpg
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    2,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Found this piece on FaceBook by Dan Veesenmeyer

    Scott-Jean328.jpg
    Based on the 90s cartoon! :)

    So much stuff related to Jean sucked, but I still love that cartoon! I mean, how can one not feel pumped to the max after this intro? :)



    And I really liked the art too, MarvelMaster616. Thanks for sharing. :)

  9. #39

    Default

    Found this on Deviant Art. Think it's a nice little piece in time for Valentine's Day.

    Scott-Jean329.jpg
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

  10. #40

    Default

    Found this on FaceBook. It's by Patrick Zircher. Gotta love those X-Factor era costumes.

    Scott-Jean331.jpg
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

  11. #41

    Default

    More X-Factor Scott/Jean goodness.

    X-Factor #26.jpg
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

  12. #42

    Default

    Found this piece on Reddit by Rodrigo Marques.

    Scott-Jean334.jpg

    Jean is a lucky woman.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

  13. #43
    Incredible Member Cyke is Slim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    757

    Default

    So they still poly? I'm far behind in the story

  14. #44
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    8,952

    Default

    In X-Men, Duggan acknowledges the connection/bond between Emma and Scott but indicates that Scott and Jean are very much together.
    In X-Force and LoW, Percy does play up the bond/connection between Logan and Jean but hasn't taken it any further than that hot-springs scene, that one time.

    So my personal take is...No. The poly is pretty much passe.
    Krakoa and Planet Arakko...TO BE CONTINUED. FOREVER!!!

  15. #45
    Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    In X-Men, Duggan acknowledges the connection/bond between Emma and Scott but indicates that Scott and Jean are very much together.
    In X-Force and LoW, Percy does play up the bond/connection between Logan and Jean but hasn't taken it any further than that hot-springs scene, that one time.

    So my personal take is...No. The poly is pretty much passe.
    Seems alive with this article...
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=156745620

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •