Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    With Deadpool 3 now having a director, I wonder if it will delve into Cable's origin. Would be nice to James and Famke reprise their roles.
    Would it? I thought they had very few chemistry together. If I had to guess, I'd say they were never in an audition like this one:

Just my opinion, but if they'd be keeping Cable's origin somewhat the same, I think it'd be hard to sell a loving couple, fighting against all odds to raise a sick child in an Apocalyptic future with those two actors. I'd prefer different ones, especially when you consider they were supposed to be on their mid 20s when Nathan was born.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Would it? I thought they had very few chemistry together. If I had to guess, I'd say they were never in an audition like this one:

Just my opinion, but if they'd be keeping Cable's origin somewhat the same, I think it'd be hard to sell a loving couple, fighting against all odds to raise a sick child in an Apocalyptic future with those two actors. I'd prefer different ones, especially when you consider they were supposed to be on their mid 20s when Nathan was born.
    Well, Marvel Studios has de-aged/aged-up actors. So I don't think their age would be a problem. Especially, since Samuel L. Jackson, William Defoe, and Alfred Molina spend entire an movie de-aged. I doubt they will make a whole movie exploring Cable's origin.

Well, Marvel Studios has de-aged/aged-up actors. So I don't think their age would be a problem. Especially, since Samuel L. Jackson, William Defoe, and Alfred Molina spend entire an movie de-aged. I doubt they will make a whole movie exploring Cable's origin.
    True. So, for me, I'd say it'd really depend on how much they'd want to show of Cable's past. If it's just one or two scenes, why not? Recast them [EDITED: meaning, cast Marsden and Janssen again). I don't like the actors in those roles, but I wouldn't mind too much because some fans would be happy with that cameo. :)

But I love that story. I'd love to see a whole movie dedicated to it. :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 03-24-2022 at 08:00 AM.

I also doubt they had Nathan in their 20s. Cable said that everyone Wade knew was dead 50 years into the future and Josh Bolin is in his early 50s. He would have been a baby in the present.

I also doubt they had Nathan in their 20s. Cable said that everyone Wade knew was dead 50 years into the future and Josh Bolin is in his early 50s. He would have been a baby in the present.
    Do we know for sure if they'll keep the Deadpool movies continuity as part of the MCU? Honest question. I really don't know.

Do we know for sure if they'll keep the Deadpool movies continuity as part of the MCU? Honest question. I really don't know.
    I'm pretty sure those films will be set in an alternate timeline based on the Multiverse of Madness trailer.

I'm pretty sure those films will be set in an alternate timeline based on the Multiverse of Madness trailer.
    Once that option is on the table, I guess everything is possible indeed. We'll see. :)

I believe the plan is to have him in the MCU but have Wade be the only one who remembers the FOX film continuity. Which could be quite funny. Especially if (as rumored) they bring Brolin, Zazie and Morena Baccarin back as Cable, Domino and Vanessa… but they’re the MCU versions who don’t know Deadpool or what he’s talking about. I could see that being played for laughs, especially if they make Brolin larger through costuming and/or CGI…

“Hey, weren’t you shorter in the other universe?”

“What the f@#$ are you talking about, clown?”

Stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I believe the plan is to have him in the MCU but have Wade be the only one who remembers the FOX film continuity. Which could be quite funny. Especially if (as rumored) they bring Brolin, Zazie and Morena Baccarin back as Cable, Domino and Vanessa… but they’re the MCU versions who don’t know Deadpool or what he’s talking about. I could see that being played for laughs, especially if they make Brolin larger through costuming and/or CGI…

Stuff like that. :)
    That would be very Deadpool-like indeed. :D

There was a joke about the Green Lantern film, right? But I don't remember exactly what it was about. Was it about the CGI costume?

That would be very Deadpool-like indeed.

There was a joke about the Green Lantern film, right? But I don't remember exactly what it was about. Was it about the CGI costume?
    There were a couple. In the first Deadpool, as they’re giving him the treatment that gives him his healing factor he says something like, “Please don’t make my superhero costume green!”

Then, in the after credits of Deadpool 2, he uses Cable’s bodyslide time travel device to go back in time and brutally kills Ryan Reynolds just as he’s finished reading the Green Lantern script to prevent him from ever playing the part. He shoots him in the back of the head and the blood splatters all over the script and he says something like, “You’re welcome, world.”

There were a couple. In the first Deadpool, as they’re giving him the treatment that gives him his healing factor he says something like, “Please don’t make my superhero costume green!”

Then, in the after credits of Deadpool 2, he uses Cable’s bodyslide time travel device to go back in time and brutally kills Ryan Reynolds just as he’s finished reading the Green Lantern script to prevent him from ever playing the part. He shoots him in the back of the head and the blood splatters all over the script and he says something like, “You’re welcome, world.”
    Yep! That was it! Thanks! :D

They can definitely think of something on those lines. They're probably keeping Reynolds. Who would you like to play Nathan in the MCU?

I could stick with Brolin, as I liked him as Cable despite him being too short. They could just make his hair fully gray (instead of the salt and pepper look he had in DP2) and make him larger with costuming (lifts on his boots, padding/armor and/or some CGI) to make him more comic accurate. But he’s a great actor who has the appropriate gravitas to play the character.

If not Brolin, though, I’d skew maybe a little younger (someone who could play the role for longer), and look for someone physically imposing who looks the part. Maybe someone like Alan Ritchson who plays Reacher on that Amazon Prime show. With gray/silver/white hair and the scars around his eye he’d look the part IMO…

237EC072-99B1-424B-AAAD-780F51E2CF6F.jpg

I could stick with Brolin, as I liked him as Cable despite him being too short. They could just make his hair fully gray (instead of the salt and pepper look he had in DP2) and make him larger with costuming (lifts on his boots, padding/armor and/or some CGI) to make him more comic accurate. But he’s a great actor who has the appropriate gravitas to play the character.

If not Brolin, though, I’d skew maybe a little younger (someone who could play the role for longer), and look for someone physically imposing who looks the part. Maybe someone like Alan Ritchson who plays Reacher on that Amazon Prime show. With gray/silver/white hair and the scars around his eye he’d look the part IMO…

237EC072-99B1-424B-AAAD-780F51E2CF6F.jpg
    I liked Brolin too. But I'd love if they did some trick to make him look more physically impressive. Nathan is supposed to be a giant. :P And I love when they try to keep the cinematic characters as similar as possible to their comic book versions.

I'm embarrassed to say I watched the first season of Titans (maybe even 2? I don't remember). Alan Ritchson played Hank Hall there and I guess he could indeed be a good Cable with the right characterization. I think I might even prefer him... Mmm... I'd need to watch something with him again.

Nice picks. :)

Stuff like that.
    Why would Wade leave behind the Vanessa he knew and was in a relationship with?

Not sure it's up to him. Guess we'll find out. Or maybe she comes with him? Don't know yet. Just know that he's rumored to crossover and will be the only one who remembers the other universe.

There's also a rumor that the four of them (Deadpool, Cable, Domino and Vanessa) are one of the two after credits scenes in Doctor Strange 2, so maybe all four of them transfer over from the FOX-verse with their memories intact.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 03-24-2022 at 01:25 PM.