Mighty Member

Default Batman Incorporated / Batmen of All Nations Appreciation 2022

Since Williamson may be revisiting the concept in his new Batman run, it seems like the right time to start a new appreciation thread.

The Batmen of All Nations are heroes around the world who were inspired by Batman and Robin to become crime fighters.

• Man-Of-Bats
    • Little Raven
    • El Gaucho
    • The Knight
    • The Squire
    • The Musketeer
    • Nightrunner
    • The Legionary
    • The Dark Ranger
    • The Scout
    • Wingman
    • Mr. Unknown
    • The Hood
    • Bat-Man
    • Batwing
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 01-08-2022 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    . . . The Batmen of All Nations are heroes around the world who were inspired by Batman and Robin to become crime fighters.

• Man-Of-Bats
    • Little Raven
    • El Gaucho
    • The Knight
    • The Squire
    • The Musketeer
    • Nightrunner
    • The Legionary
    • The Dark Ranger
    • The Scout
    • Wingman
    • Mr. Unknown
    • The Hood
    • Bat-Man
    • Batwing
    I would quibble with you listing all of those heroes as "The Batmen of All Nations" since some of them didn't become involved until Morrison's Batman Incorporated.

The original "Batmen of All Nations" consisted of
    * Knight and Squire
    * Musketeer
    * Legionary
    * Gaucho
    * Ranger
    as seen in Detective Comics #215 (January 1955)

With their next appearance (World's Finest Comics #89, cover-dated July-August 1957), they would come to be known as "The Club of Heroes".

In DC's post-CoIE years, Wingman, Man-of-Bats, and Little Raven (now going by "Raven Red") would be retroactively added to that line-up.

Hey, the "Batmen of All Nations" made a cameo appearance in The Batman & Scooby-Doo! Mysteries #12 (sort of) . . .

But I'm a bit confused as to who everyone there is.

On the farthest left side it looks like Wingman in his pre-Morrison look, but his original costume had a red hood/mask, not a yellow one.

The guy next to Wingman looks more like Impala of the Global Guardians to me; does anybody know what Bat-character this might be?

The guy in the center who is talking I'm guessing is suppose to El Gaucho (since he says "¡Vamanos!"), though the colors of the outfit seem off compared to his original look.

And the other two on the right side look like Legionary and Ranger (before he went all "Dark Ranger").

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Batmen of all Nations segment from BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD.

I posted this in the "Rumors and News About DC Titles: 2022 edition" thread in the general DC Comics section:
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    From the Bleeding Cool post:
    . . . Well, obviously, I am not just going to rerun someone else's story without adding something new. Of course, Bleeding Cool doesn;t have the kind of relationship with DC Comics that Arrant and McMillan – and for that matter, ReedPOP have. So I will just have to grab one from the ether as usual – or maybe it could have been last weekend's Lake Comic Comic Art Festival? It's where we broke the news about Marvel and Conan, after all. So, yes, accompanying the release of a Batman Vs Robin mini-series, in September or October, DC Comics will be publishing a new Batman Incorporated series in either October or November 2022.

Batman Incorporated was created by Grant Morrison, Cameron Stewart and Frazer Irving for Batman and Robin #16 in 2010, but soon span off into its own series, by Morrison and Yanick Paquette, that saw the concept of Batman around the world franchised to lots of cities that needed it, each getting their own local Batman, with a support network from Wayne Enterprises. It created a number of new characters for membership as well as using some international characters from throughout Batman's historical past, whether part of current DC canon or not. Caught between the DC Universe rebooting with the New 52, certain characters had to be removed from the series, and was relaunched in 2012 with a new #1 by Morrison and Chris Burnham.

Recently, the concept returned in the Batman ongoing comic book, with Lex Luthor having taken over the operation. Seizing it back, Batman has now put the abrasive-but-rich Ghost-Maker in charge of the operation, with Clown Hunter at his side, and this is the series that will be published, including a new character to debut in the upcoming Batman Annual.

So, since the Batman Annual (due out May 31st) will be written by Ed Brisson, would he be likely to write a new Batman Incorporated series?

Mighty Member

Good News, but hopefully it is not mainly a Ghostmaker book.

I feel like it might be a stealth Ghost-Maker book, but maybe it'll be a good Batman inc book as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like it might be a stealth Ghost-Maker book, but maybe it'll be a good Batman inc book as well...
    I think you've gone beyond "optimistic" with that one . . .

While I like classic members of Batman Inc/All Nations I think it is fair to say that they are not really guys that are going to sell comics. So we either need Bruce in it or some other character to move the needle and I guess Ghost-Maker makes sense in that regard. Bigger issue for me is not that Ghost-Maker would be the lead character, but that it would likely follow up Williamson's work.