Mighty Member

Default Vandal Savage's legal status

Whenever Vandal Savage is beaten and turned over to the cops, do they just put down Cro Magnon as nationality, or do they have to add Sumerian, Ancient Egyptian, Ancient Roman, French, German and American (?) as well?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

He's probably considered a stateless person (someone with no legal citizenship anywhere), unless he was naturalized in a country in the last century or so.

Cro-Magnon, Sumerian, Roman etc. aren't nationalities and wouldn't be recognized as such.

Retired

Basque. The Basque people are believed to have existed in the Basque region since caveman days. In other words, the Aurignacian culture, which were the Cro-Magnons of which you speak.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Whenever Vandal Savage is beaten and turned over to the cops, do they just put down Cro Magnon as nationality, or do they have to add Sumerian, Ancient Egyptian, Ancient Roman, French, German and American (?) as well?
    The cops conly care that he's a super villain.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Ultimate Member

His legal status would be whatever he wants it to be, I imagine. He's got enough wealth and influence, after all

I'm suprised that Vandal Savage was a Roman too. Feel to barbarian as civilized Roman citizen. I always have a headcanon that Vandal Savage is Hannibal Barca that brought chaos to Rome homeland, the Italy peninsula back then. Hannibal is not so far off from Vandal design. Also if I remember in New 52 Vandal is Barbarian leader that ambushing the Romans at Teutoburg forest

I believe that he is designated a "Meat Popsicle."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    I'm suprised that Vandal Savage was a Roman too. Feel to barbarian as civilized Roman citizen. I always have a headcanon that Vandal Savage is Hannibal Barca that brought chaos to Rome homeland, the Italy peninsula back then. Hannibal is not so far off from Vandal design. Also if I remember in New 52 Vandal is Barbarian leader that ambushing the Romans at Teutoburg forest
    Rome lasted a while. He could have been both

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Rome lasted a while. He could have been both
    Heck, Vandal could have chosen to steal the identity of a Roman that he killed while leading a band of "barbarians" in Teutoburg.

Mighty Member

As for Roman, I was going by Savage's first appearence in Golden Age Green Lantern, where he claimed to have been Julius Caesar.

Savage looked awesome then...
    Vandal_Savage2_GL10.jpg
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-03-2022 at 10:01 AM.

Retired

The Romans didn't consider the Vandals part of Germania, even though they spoke a Germanic dialect. They were east of Germania in what would be Poland.

If Savage has been around for a million years then he can't be a Cro-Magnon (modern human), he most likely is homo erectus. Maybe his exposure to the meteorite super-evolved him into a modern human.