Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Whatever the plans are for the Supergirl movie, I think it's already off to a terrible start. I know very little about Sasha Calle so I have no idea if she's charismatic enough to lead a franchise. But I do think it's a very stupid idea to give her Flashpoint Superman's origin. A Superman who was taken by the US govt and experimented on for 20 years before he's released as a pathetic shell of a creature. That's going to be the basis of the new Supergirl?!? WB just doesn't learn. Someone in charge is really obsessed with the "gritty and dark" takes on these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Whatever the plans are for the Supergirl movie, I think it's already off to a terrible start. I know very little about Sasha Calle so I have no idea if she's charismatic enough to lead a franchise. But I do think it's a very stupid idea to give her Flashpoint Superman's origin. A Superman who was taken by the US govt and experimented on for 20 years before he's released as a pathetic shell of a creature. That's going to be the basis of the new Supergirl?!? WB just doesn't learn. Someone in charge is really obsessed with the "gritty and dark" takes on these characters.
    I thought the current rumor was that this was Superman's daughter?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I thought the current rumor was that this was Superman's daughter?
    Nah that was just speculation
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

It's all just speculation at this point. The rumors swirling around now seem designed more for clicks than genuine information.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Oh yeah, that's what fans really want.

Does WB really hate ZS that much? The fanbase begging for the Snyder Cut, when we get it, the reviews are positive (didn't it crash HBO Max?), and all the support Cavil receives. Seriously, why can't a true Man of Steel Sequel get made with Brainiac as the villain? Its not complicated.

But sure, disrespect the fan base, write a crap movie, and use the minority/gender shield when it fails miserably.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 01-10-2022 at 10:06 AM.

I won’t be surprised if Cavill is in Kevin Feiges dm’s right now.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nah that was just speculation
    almost everything is speculation until the flash movie comes out
    however I know this isnt his cousin Kara,

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    He deserves Kevin's Talent. Cavill also sounds like a good guy in real life. I'm disappointed because I haven't been this impressed with a Superman Actor since Reeve himself.

I'm stumped how some of these Hollywood People are so out of touch with reality. If they try listening to the fans (Snyder Cut) and respect the characters they love (SM No Way Home) its beyond obvious they're steps in the right direction.

If these rumors are true (After reading Ezra's fumbling response for damage control, I'm going to assume a good chunk of it is) I can't imagine many people are going to be happy. Literally NOBODY was asking for this stuff.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 01-10-2022 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Would be hilarious if Cavill ended up playing one of Marvel's Superman analogues.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Would be hilarious if Cavill ended up playing one of Marvel's Superman analogues.
    I think he'd make a helluva Hercules, but the MCU Thor has pretty much been turned into that character already.