Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Actually I think it is my fault as I used deep film language here too loosely, that it may look too contrived or misunderstood to some.

when someone says ''best producer'' everyone knows in the film industry or in film studies you are also saying best picture too because they are interchangeable, although the official title of the award is best picture.
    Oh, the "I'm not wrong, you're just not smart enough to understand me" argument.

Really curious what film school you attend.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Oh, the "I'm not wrong, you're just not smart enough to understand me" argument.

Really curious what film school you attend.
    As someone who lived and worked in Hollywood for a time, nobody says best producer and means best picture. That is because no one in Hollywood ever says "Oscar for best producer". But I only had a year of "film studies".
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    As someone who lived and worked in Hollywood for a time, nobody says best producer and means best picture. .
    perhaps you never met anyone who has interchanged them and I am your first.

let keep dragging this issue when I have already explained my language as a film fan and a person who has studied film-cinema and also worked in the business and still does right now. meanwhile the actual topic of this board of Feige been the greatest producer that ever lived should still be rightfully debated as Feige is light years away from an Oscar win as a producer for best picture, since Feige is not even close to producing comic films like Logan or Joker that are more best picture bait friendly or even the pg 13 regulars that are made people take comic films more seriously than before.

Yes, he has been nominated in the past but that always felt wishy-washy since black panther was just like the rest of all the mcu films in style, very copy and paste cooperate film making as Dennis Villeneuve the director of Dune once said about Fiege's marvel films, speaking of oscars, Dennis is not a nominee for best director, and that has caused some controversy.

However, the oscars still have to limit sci-fi in some way, but Dennis is a nominee for best picture as a producer because he can do with movies what Feige cant do in producing. that is the makings of a person becoming one of the greatest producers of our time, Feige needs to take some cues from Dennis to become a better producer or to even get into a serious Oscar conversation without the media fan fare and Disney insisting that they should nominate him.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-12-2022 at 02:59 AM.

let keep dragging this issue when I have already explained my language as a film fan and a person who has studied film-cinema and also worked in the business and still does right now. meanwhile the actual topic of this board of Feige been the greatest producer that ever lived should still be rightfully debated as Feige is light years away from an Oscar win as a producer for best picture, since Feige is not even close to producing comic films like Logan or Joker that are more best picture bait friendly or even the pg 13 regulars that are made people take comic films more seriously than before.

Yes, he has been nominated in the past but that always felt wishy-washy since black panther was just like the rest of all the mcu films in style, very copy and paste cooperate film making as Dennis Villeneuve the director of Dune once said about Fiege's marvel films, speaking of oscars, Dennis is not a nominee for best director, and that has caused some controversy.
    This is such contradictory nonsense. "Feige will never win because he's not as good as these other two films that didn't win, or this director that has never won, because I like them better."

You don't even try to hide your bias.

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member

perhaps you never met anyone who has interchanged them and I am your first.

However, the oscars still have to limit sci-fi in some way, but Dennis is a nominee for best picture as a producer because he can do with movies what Feige cant do in producing. that is the makings of a person becoming one of the greatest producers of our time, Feige needs to take some cues from Dennis to become a better producer or to even get into a serious Oscar conversation without the media fan fare and Disney insisting that they should nominate him.
    What

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    What
    Yeah...

That was sort of an oddball assessment.

I will say this one last time, There Is No Voting For Best Producer! The Producer of a movie that wins for BEST PICTURE picks up the Oscar. No One Ever votes for Best Producer. To say otherwise shows a complete lack of understanding of the Academy Awards and Hollywood in general.

If Black Panther had won, ANY of the people with Producer credit could have gone on stage and accepted, and they would not have said "Accepting for Kevin Feige".
    Last edited by Kirby101; 02-12-2022 at 01:13 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

"Deep film language". This is absolute comedy gold.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    What
    there wont be a deep reharsh, It has already been explained on this thread.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-zombies/page6

Ironic I did say in last year that Dennis would have been perfect to handle X-Men over Feige. I said this because I felt that the some of the vfx of Dune was like an updated version of X2 (2003)

Out of sheer curiosity, this clip from Dune is a good study in film making.

Feige can learn from this type of film making style as a producer. By letting their directors do their own VFX. this will help MCU escape a lot of their bad cgi issues. More importantly, Feige can also learn from Dennis in knowing how to adapt a story more faithful to the source material . the difference between a film like Dune and a lot of the Feige movies , you dont see fans of Dune saying Dennis watered down the source material despite some complaints that Dune felt like an incomplete story or a part 1 movie. Regardless, it is unlikely that Dennis would have gone along with a screenplay like Iron Man 3 or Thor Ragnarok knowing the source material was in the opposite direction. he would have taken this up with his fellow producers, as the director of the film.

Feige can learn from Dennis how to tell challenging complex stories with amazing visual technicality. these two things his movies lacks and the fun action-comedy narrative is no longer enough to balance the scale lack, reason NWH was never going to get a best picture nomination over Dune, despite all the media favouritism for NWH and Disney big for your consideration oscar campaign lunch.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-12-2022 at 05:29 PM.

I'm still hung up on --
    Yes, he has been nominated in the past but that always felt wishy-washy since black panther was just like the rest of all the mcu films in style, very copy and paste cooperate film
    "He got nominated but I don't like those movies so it shouldn't count."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm still hung up on --

"He got nominated but I don't like those movies so it shouldn't count."
    Actually that is not what I was thinking. at least not from a clear critical pure place of movies since i like many films that dont get nominations and i dont really complain.

However if the Oscars chose to nominate black panther, then they should have just also nominated all the other mcu movies especially and even more of their Phase 1 films. when the oscars shows a lack of consistency or choose not to focus first on the best art quality of the films they are selecting, the Oscars become polarising.

funny thing about the oscars discussion, since i made a thread about it, almost a year ago discussing why the Oscars have lost so much ratings over the years.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...r-Ratings-back

How can the Oscars get their Ratings back

from some of the comments I just re read, many people seem to know why. however, the Oscars may be trying to find their way back and selecting a film like Dune over NWH as the face of the sci-fi/fantasy/adventure/superhero genre may be the right step back.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-12-2022 at 06:38 PM.

The Academy is a prestigious organization that recognizes only the best in objective quality films. It should be respected, unless they nominate a movie I don't like.

Ironic I did say in last year that Dennis would have been perfect to handle X-Men over Feige. I said this because I felt that the some of the vfx of Dune was like an updated version of X2 (2003)

Feige can learn from this type of film making style as a producer. By letting their directors do their own VFX. this will help MCU escape a lot of their bad cgi issues. More importantly, Feige can also learn from Dennis in knowing how to adapt a story more faithful to the source material . the difference between a film like Dune and a lot of the Feige movies , you dont see fans of Dune saying Dennis watered down the source material despite some complaints that Dune felt like an incomplete story or a part 1 movie. Regardless, it is unlikely that Dennis would have gone along with a screenplay like Iron Man 3 or Thor Ragnarok knowing the source material was in the opposite direction. he would have taken this up with his fellow producers, as the director of the film.

Feige can learn from Dennis how to tell challenging complex stories with amazing visual technicality. these two things his movies lacks and the fun action-comedy narrative is no longer enough to balance the scale lack, reason NWH was never going to get a best picture nomination over Dune, despite all the media favouritism for NWH and Disney big for your consideration oscar campaign lunch.
    About that...

Crap. Emo Star Wars that doesn't have much to do with the book except bullet points. And no real mention or example of melange, the coin and power of the empire, societies and individuals. Just ignore that for almost 3 hours and toss in more fight scenes.
    There's no way I would have enjoyed the book and series so much if it was written like this movie.

Ultimate Member

You're saying that Feige shouldn't produce movies that he's producing currently because he won't get a Best Picture nomination....when he's already produced a movie that got a Best Picture nomination?

However if the Oscars chose to nominate black panther, then they should have just also nominated all the other mcu movies especially and even more of their Phase 1 films. when the oscars shows a lack of consistency or choose not to focus first on the best art quality of the films they are selecting, the Oscars become polarising.
    Considering you've repeatedly said Black Panther didn't address racism, I think you've shown you're far from the person best qualified to determine the merits of the film and it's qualifications of being worthy of a nomination.