Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Plenty of room in the SW universe for two members of Yoda's race. I'm definitely down with Grogu becoming a Mando, but not with the idea of him renouncing the Force. Nothing wrong with a Force sensitive Mando.

Hell, isn't that Luke's point in his exile? That the Force shouldn't be monopolized by the Jedi? That it wasn't theirs to regulate and control? TLJ was raw crap for Luke but I don't necessarily think he was wrong here.
    His arc after renouncing the Force (not shutting it off, just he stops using it because something bad happens), he finds he has to use it again to save his people (the Mandos), and it helps bring the Mandalorians up as a true third faction in the SW.

That is what I was thinking.

Then we can have some Sith acolytes running around, Rey's Jedi, and Grogu's Mandos being in the middle (any Mandalorian Force user would fall here) with whatever galactic government shenigans are going on.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Oh okay, I see what you mean. I'd be down with that, sure.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh okay, I see what you mean. I'd be down with that, sure.
    Maybe he renounces the Jedi and stops using the Force.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Disney kill the golden goose?

Please, it's no where near the tiniest possibility.
    Yes, not a chance that they'll kill off the most popular new character that they've got. They are probably working out some way to get him into future movies.
    Power with Girl is better.

I don’t even think he’s gonna stay with Luke anyway. For whatever reason he won’t complete his training and will leave to go with Mando.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I don’t even think he’s gonna stay with Luke anyway. For whatever reason he won’t complete his training and will leave to go with Mando.
    I think his departure would tie into Asoka's show
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I would like to see a Grogu series where tries to find a balance between being a Jedi and a Mandalorian.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Maybe he renounces the Jedi and stops using the Force.
    Maybe he renounces the Jedi and becomes a Force wielding Mandalorian. The Jedi don't own the Force. And there are other codes of conduct that would keep someone from falling to the Dark Side.

Niffleheim

Beskar chain mail is going to protect Grogu
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Mighty Member

I'm legitimately curious here: are there people that actually think they aren't going to be reuniting Grogu with Din long before Kylo's rampage? I feel like that was a foregone conclusion before, but now his new ship has a tiny jump seat instead of an astromech slot.

I mean, they could very well do something where Din says a true and final goodbye with his little gift and that's the end of it. But I would be well and truly surprised if they did. If anything, it makes the spare seat in the N-1 just a tiny bit cruel. But consider how much of good Star Wars is about family (found family as much as birth family), and consider that they spent TWO entire seasons turning Din into the Dadalorian. I really don't think the kid is sticking with Luke for the long haul, I just don't.

But then, I'm weird. I've been convinced since S1 that "The Mandalorian" of the title is meant to be Grogu and not Din. Wishful thinking? Probably. But I've seen nothing to meaningfully suggest otherwise so far.

I don't think anyone really expects Grogu to stay with Luke from the end of Mando season 2 up to Kylo Ren's betrayal. Obviously the Child will return to Din for season 3 and beyond.

But there's years set between the Mando show and the sequel films. Decades. Who knows what could happen between 'now' and 'then?' Grogu could return to Din, and years later go back to learn from Luke, and still have years to study before Kylo went murder crazy.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.