View Poll Results: Which Image Founder Was The Best Writer?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Valentino

6 16.67%
  • Portacio

0 0%
  • Silvestri

1 2.78%
  • Liefeld

5 13.89%
  • McFarlane

0 0%
  • Larsen

23 63.89%
  • Lee

1 2.78%
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default Who Was The Best Writer Out Of All The Image Founders?

During the first few years of it's existence Image Comics had the reputation of prioritizing the artwork over the storytelling. Peter David even joked that there should be a publisher called "Substance Comics" to counteract Image.

Regardless, who do you think was the best writer out of all the Image founders?

Jim Valentino.

Probably Larsen. He wasn't the top seller, but Savage Dragon has been consistently fun the entire run. Nowhere near the ups and downs of Spawn. Valentino is a close second, but the whole original Shadowhawk thing was... a struggle.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Savage Dragon is still going. Combining longevity & quality proves that Erik Larsen is at the top of his game (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-10-2022 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Larsen.
    Out of all the founders he did and is still doing, what they all said they were going to do slash wanted to do. I haven’t always liked what he’s done w. the character but 30 years on one book takes commitment and quite a bit of skill.

Astonishing Member

Larsen.

He knows how to handle multiple storylines and characters.

Larsen of the founders yes, but if i had to pick one guy who could write passably well from the people working for the founders, i would pick Brandon Choi. As a kid i loved his SuperSpies style and the Wildstorm/Homage studio lore seemed far more fleshed out and well thought out at the time than any of the other subverses/studios.

I kinda wish he would come back for another crack at it, but he seemed to run out of steam when Ellis joined Wildstorm and basically rebuilt the entire setting around his concepts.