Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    A tragic lovestory does not preclude him from finding love again, and it could be the thing that would bring Fogg and Abigail close upon her learning of his tragic past, a better way to understand him, besides I'm not sure that Passpertout is in any hurry to stay in one place for long...

As to the train thing I kept expecting the kid to turn out to be someone famous that would get inspiration to follow his dreams from Fogg and crew like those old Owen Wilson and Jackie Chan movies had famous people cameos like Charlie Chaplin and others...
    The conversation Passpertout and Abigale have about his past make it seem like that would be his character arc, so I doubt that would be a reason they wouldn't get together.

But heck I don't think Abigail NEEDS to be in a romantic relationship with either, I love the sense of agency she has and just being a love interest would really dampen that.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Retired

I just finished watching the first series on a binge. Since everyone else seems to be behind, I won't say anything about what happens.

Like other adaptations, this one makes up a lot of stuff that isn't in the novel. Which is probably just as well since we live in the 21st century and the sensibilities of the 19th century don't pass muster.

If they did do a second series, I think they would have to make stuff up a lot more--maybe using bits and pieces from other Verne novels and short stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I just finished watching the first series on a binge. Since everyone else seems to be behind, I won't say anything about what happens.

Like other adaptations, this one makes up a lot of stuff that isn't in the novel. Which is probably just as well since we live in the 21st century and the sensibilities of the 19th century don't pass muster.

If they did do a second series, I think they would have to make stuff up a lot more--maybe using bits and pieces from other Verne novels and short stories.
    That's my feeling as well, and I kind of like the idea of using Fogg as a way of exploring Verne's other stories.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The conversation Passpertout and Abigale have about his past make it seem like that would be his character arc, so I doubt that would be a reason they wouldn't get together.

But heck I don't think Abigail NEEDS to be in a romantic relationship with either, I love the sense of agency she has and just being a love interest would really dampen that.
    I wouldn't expect her to ever just be a love interest, but her following her dreams wouldn't stop her from finding love with Fogg either...

Episode 4 preview.

Fogg saves the day with a Moffat speech. .

Ultimate Member

I guess that we will meet Estella and we'll see that she's become a rather bad person but Fogg will still love her, if only for a time, in Hong Kong...

Retired

Last year I watched the 1989 Pierce Brosnan mini-series. Shorter than this series but longer than a regular movie.

We are 3/4ths of the way there. .

PS. It happened.....

Ultimate Member

I almost wonder if Fogg will find Estella somewhere and get back together with her as they keep bringing her up over and over again...

Also wonder now how long it would take to get around the world today if you had the money, and not uber rich money just normal travel and such...

It came close but could still end differently...

I almost wonder if Fogg will find Estella somewhere and get back together with her as they keep bringing her up over and over again...

Also wonder now how long it would take to get around the world today if you had the money, and not uber rich money just normal travel and such...

I don't think she'll ever appear, heck it's entirely possible from the way he reacted to her name that she may be dead.

Flying on commercial flights, about 36 hours. If only using transportation available when this show happens, probably 3 weeks to a month.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 02-07-2022 at 08:36 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Next Sunday is the season finale.

I thought it was great and I can't wait for season 2.