Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Around the World in 80 Days

Anyone else watching it?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-10-2022 at 04:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I've seen the trailer and it looks fantastic, I definitely need to catch this!
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I've seen just the first episode so far and I like it. It seems to be just some simple fun, nothing special.
    The opening credits are very nice:
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Anyone else catching it?
    Wow, this is just the kind of show I like! And on PBS of all places.
    Ty for the heads up!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I had no idea this existed... David Tennant as Phileas Fogg? Yes.

The second episode was even better than the first. That train scene was intense.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The second episode was even better than the first. That train scene was intense.
    Yeah, I just finished the first two episodes and I loved the tension of the bridge crossing. Masterpiece usually has a good showing of British Period Piece Dramas, but this show is exceptional even by those standards.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

I just hope that Fogg doesn't almost give up every episode, once or twice would be normal but every episode would make him look pathetic, and I'm hoping that Fogg and the Abby are together in the end...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I just hope that Fogg doesn't almost give up every episode, once or twice would be normal but every episode would make him look pathetic, and I'm hoping that Fogg and the Abby are together in the end...
    It's more likely Passpertout and Abigail gets together.

Ultimate Member

Curse you kenway, there will probably be a tease of that which Fogg will believe which will cause friction for the trio...before Abigail and Fogg end up together, as I doubt that he'd have a problem with her furthering her journalistic interests and such...

There seems to be more attraction between Passpertout and Abigail so if there was to be romance I'd prefer that pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Agreed.
    I was surprised that they devoted that much time to episodic characters when there are only 8 episodes, but I can't say that I mind.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's more likely Passpertout and Abigail gets together.
    I also think that will be the case. They looked like they might kiss after he fought those other men. Plus it seems to me they are hinting that Fogg had some tragic lovestory in the past with the person who sent him those postcards.

Episode 3 teaser.

Ultimate Member

A tragic lovestory does not preclude him from finding love again, and it could be the thing that would bring Fogg and Abigail close upon her learning of his tragic past, a better way to understand him, besides I'm not sure that Passpertout is in any hurry to stay in one place for long...

As to the train thing I kept expecting the kid to turn out to be someone famous that would get inspiration to follow his dreams from Fogg and crew like those old Owen Wilson and Jackie Chan movies had famous people cameos like Charlie Chaplin and others...

It's picked for a second season so there's still time for a famous cameos. I'm hoping they meet Jules Verne himself.