Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Default MCU Super Soldiers vs the following……….

So let’s see how well the Super Soldiers can handle these scenarios. We will presume that the team will work together, though they do not have to like each other.

Captain America
    Red Skull
    Winter Soldier
    Other Five unnamed Winter Soldiers (will follow orders here)
    Emil Blonsky (first dose only)
    Isaiah Bradley (in his prime)
    John Walker
    Karli Morgenthau
    Other Seven Flag Smashers
    Red Guardian

Everyone gets their standard equipment.

Fight 1: Helms Deep. The Supers here are given one hour to help prepare the defenses with the defenders before the fight begins. There will be no Gandalf and cavalry to help.

Fight 2: Yuatja Hunting planet from the movie Predators (replacing the cast). The Supers are dropped in just like the main cast was. Can they survive and get off world?

Fight 3: Transported to the Terminator Future, replacing John Connor and his generals as the leaders of the Resistance.

Fight 4: Save the Child (Grogu). Instead of Luke arriving onboard Gideon’s ship, the Supers do. Can they defeat the Dark Troopers and save the Child?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Fight 1: Helms Deep. The Supers here are given one hour to help prepare the defenses with the defenders before the fight begins. There will be no Gandalf and cavalry to help.

- The Super Soldiers help the defenders absolutely stomp. They are worlds beyond any LotR fighter, and are trivially capable of dealing with any foe the Orks can bring. Plus, at least a fair number carry automatic weapons, so a full rout is quite possible.

Fight 2: Yuatja Hunting planet from the movie Predators (replacing the cast). The Supers are dropped in just like the main cast was. Can they survive and get off world?

- Don't know. Probably, given that the cast likely did so?

Fight 3: Transported to the Terminator Future, replacing John Connor and his generals as the leaders of the Resistance.

- They can probably do better. Does that mean win? Dunno.

Fight 4: Save the Child (Grogu). Instead of Luke arriving onboard Gideon’s ship, the Supers do. Can they defeat the Dark Troopers and save the Child?

- Given the numbers, yeah, they ought to be able to do it. One of them would likely fail, but all of them? They can physically rip the nasty droids limb from limb.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

- The Super Soldiers help the defenders absolutely stomp. They are worlds beyond any LotR fighter, and are trivially capable of dealing with any foe the Orks can bring. Plus, at least a fair number carry automatic weapons, so a full rout is quite possible.

- Given the numbers, yeah, they ought to be able to do it. One of them would likely fail, but all of them? They can physically rip the nasty droids limb from limb.
    Beg your pardon but those were Uruk-Hai, not orcs. Also there are ten thousand of them. How much ammo do the Super Soldiers have?

Dark Troopers? So Disney ripped off Jedi Outcast then?

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Beg your pardon but those were Uruk-Hai, not orcs. Also there are ten thousand of them. How much ammo do the Super Soldiers have?

Dark Troopers? So Disney ripped off Jedi Outcast then?
    Uruk-Hai are just painted-up Orks. They do not really have superior feats outside of, I dunno, super yelling? And the ammo wouldn't have to be that much - when bangy bangy happens and heads start exploding from invisible projectiles from 3x bow range, chicken-shits like Orks and their derivatives are likely to either hide or run away screaming in terror. Not that it matters, because the super soldiers can just open the main gate and take turns building a pile of dead Uruk-Hai bodies. They are, indeed, that physically superior.

And, uh, Disney can't really rip off themselves, can they?
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Incredible Member

Uruk-Hai are just painted-up Orks. They do not really have superior feats outside of, I dunno, super yelling? And the ammo wouldn't have to be that much - when bangy bangy happens and heads start exploding from invisible projectiles from 3x bow range, chicken-shits like Orks and their derivatives are likely to either hide or run away screaming in terror. Not that it matters, because the super soldiers can just open the main gate and take turns building a pile of dead Uruk-Hai bodies. They are, indeed, that physically superior.

Uruk-Hai are bigger and stronger than regular orcs and do not have the same aversion to sunlight.

I can appreciate quality over quantity but there’s something to be said for numbers too. A lion is physically superior to an ant but in sufficient numbers even ants can kill a lion.

Legally perhaps not. Morally (in the sense of using an idea that someone else came up with because they can’t come up with anything themselves) heck yes!

Pretty much everything in Disney Wars is just an inferior copy of something stolen from the Legends EU. Heck they didn’t even try to be original, didn’t even think of a new name.

Oh my mistake about one thing. The dark troopers debut was in Star Wars: Dark Forces, not Jedi Outcast.

There's 10K of them man no way Thay stomp this.

There's a scene of nameless Uruk Hai one-shotting soldiers left and right once they climb the walls. A single one is at the very least superior in physicality to your average hand-to-hand trained medieval soldier.

Yeah although the Supersoldiers are obvs superior to individual orcs I'm not sure they could turn the tide themselves against that many (and lacking armor themselves, it's not like they can't be hit).

Then again Theoden's charge proved rather effective in the movie so maybe if they convince him to bring that out earlier maybe things could change
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    There's a scene of nameless Uruk Hai one-shotting soldiers left and right once they climb the walls. A single one is at the very least superior in physicality to your average hand-to-hand trained medieval soldier.
    What's worse, those mooks were the Rivendell Elves - led by Haldir of Lorien, shut up tho - which would make this more impressive if they were a bit less...uh...

...well to this day, that part where they stop loosing arrows in order to charge the Uruk pike formation on foot with swords still makes me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    There's 10K of them man no way Thay stomp this.
    The defenders almost successfully defended BEFORE having a platoon of supermen on their side. OP's post adds the supersoldiers to the defenders. Yeah, I'm comfy with "stomp" because all 10000 can't get there at once. They can literally open the gates and just defend the threshold while elves and men rain down arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Then again Theoden's charge proved rather effective in the movie so maybe if they convince him to bring that out earlier maybe things could change
    Theoden's charge led by a f*in' minor god who just recently came back to life with upgrades. Methinks you're underestimating that charge just a tad.

Theoden's charge led by a f*in' minor god who just recently came back to life with upgrades. Methinks you're underestimating that charge just a tad.
    There was no god in Theoden's charge. You might be thinking of Gandalf's charge at Helm's Deep? Theoden was moping then, on the verge of throwing his toys out of the pram and quitting, far from a horse. Then Aragorn gave him a pep talk. He did cut up a bunch of Orks then. And the 5 or so dudes with horses did damage.

Then the back from the dead with upgrades minor god guy led the BIG charge, sweeping the enemies away.

Went back and watched the scene...

And this doesn't make it better for the Uruk-Hai. Theoden, once he stops whining and quitting, plus a couple of mounted friends, cut through hundreds of Uruk-Hai like a laser through butter. They go from the gate of the keep, straight through the town or whatever, and over and down the bridge thing that leads in, killing and trampling everything on the way.

Captain America and friends are each FAR more dangerous than a dude on a horse with a big knife.

Gandalf, for all of being there with the Rohirrim, does nothing at all in the fight. He doesn't even draw Glamdring before charging in and doesn't swing his staff as he rides into the Orks in the line with everyone else.
    Last edited by big_adventure; 01-11-2022 at 03:20 AM.

There was no god in Theoden's charge. You might be thinking of Gandalf's charge at Helm's Deep? Theoden was moping then, on the verge of throwing his toys out of the pram and quitting, far from a horse. Then Aragorn gave him a pep talk. He did cut up a bunch of Orks then. And the 5 or so dudes with horses did damage.

Then the back from the dead with upgrades minor god guy led the BIG charge, sweeping the enemies away.
    I am, in fact, referring to Helm's Deep, given that the scenario mentions that specifically, and that there was in fact a cavelry charge
    at Helm's Deep. I misremembered that Theoden himself was *in* Helm's deep, but the important thing was the charge itself, which was in fact god-led.

I am, in fact, referring to Helm's Deep, given that the scenario mentions that specifically, and that there was in fact a cavelry charge
    at Helm's Deep. I misremembered that Theoden himself was *in* Helm's deep, but the important thing was the charge itself, which was in fact god-led.
    Check the edit to my post. :-) The god being there is cool and all but he does between jack and squat in the charge.

As for it being Helm's Deep, that's why I clarified. "Theoden's Charge" is generally in reference to the Rohirrim at Pellenor in RotK. "Gandalf's Charge" is more often in reference to Helm's Deep. But to be fair, I re-watched the scene as explained above and Theoden DOES have a mini-charge in parallel with a few dudes. He and those few dudes absolutely annihilate the Uruk-Hai.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    OP says no rescue from Rohan.