• Penance

47 23.74%
  • Siryn

14 7.07%
  • Surge

48 24.24%
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Your first mistake is believing that you need to be a mutant to be an X character.

Kid Gladiator is an X character even though he is a Shi'ar prince with no mutant gene

Your second mistake is believing that anyone is keeping her out of Krakoa.
    She has been seen on Krakoa

There is a difference between being an X character and being an X-men

Molly Haynes is a Runaway character even though she has had time lines and shown up working with the X-men that doesn't make her an X character

Val Cooper is an X character while not being a mutant.
    Deep true facts. Binary/Carol Danvers will always be an x-character to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

This round was actually tougher than the first for me. Lots of good choices.

I voted for Avalanche. He deserves it after being pushed to his death by Captain America. It'll be good to show the Avengers that they can't keep Mutants down any more.

Firestar only makes sense if Jean is moving off the team. I think they'd look like twins on the same team.

Extraordinary Member

Show them in their own books like Champions or Avengers. I mean what kind of logic is it that you want an anti Krakoa mutant on the main X-men team that is suppose to represent Krakoa like huh
    THat is what I am saying...I don't want Firestar on the X-Men...I want her on the Avengers and her reasoning being shown for why she is not on Krakoa. Or Vance Astrovik or do something with Jennifer Walters defending a mutant that wants nothing to do with Krakoa in court in her book.

And I agree with you in spirit that Firestar is not really an X-Men character...but her publication history originated in the X-Office so they can lay claim to her...unlike a mutant like Vance Astrovik who originated outside of the X-Office.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    This round was actually tougher than the first for me. Lots of good choices.

I voted for Avalanche. He deserves it after being pushed to his death by Captain America. It'll be good to show the Avengers that they can't keep Mutants down any more.

Firestar only makes sense if Jean is moving off the team. I think they'd look like twins on the same team.
    You mean that time Avalaunche had part of his brain ripped out by the Red Skull and replaced by machinery so he could get used by Hydra as a weapon to attack towns, and proceeded to jump off the cliff to his death himself? That classic example of the avengers "Keeping mutants down"?

She is not a real X character so she shouldn't be representing mutants or X-men in general.
    What does that even mean? Northstar and Aurora were longtime Alpha Flight members until someone decided to make them X-Men. Are they "not real X characters"? Dazzler had a fifty issue solo series, unconnected to the X-Men until Claremont decided to add her to the team. Is she not a real X character? That list can go on: Rogue, Wolverine, Sabretooth and Longshot all started out in other franchises before becoming X characters.

Maybe...any character can be an X character if a writer chooses to add them to the team.

Anyway, went with Avalanche. With Destiny and Pyro back, Toad in the hole and Mystique/Destiny on the council there's plenty of plot potential with a former Brotherhood member on the team. Plus, after...what, forty years of existence(?) he could use some development.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    You mean that time Avalaunche had part of his brain ripped out by the Red Skull and replaced by machinery so he could get used by Hydra as a weapon to attack towns, and proceeded to jump off the cliff to his death himself? That classic example of the avengers "Keeping mutants down"?
    "Jump" might be the "official" story but he was pushed by Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos View Post
    What does that even mean? Northstar and Aurora were longtime Alpha Flight members until someone decided to make them X-Men. Are they "not real X characters"? Dazzler had a fifty issue solo series, unconnected to the X-Men until Claremont decided to add her to the team. Is she not a real X character? That list can go on: Rogue, Wolverine, Sabretooth and Longshot all started out in other franchises before becoming X characters.

Maybe...any character can be an X character if a writer chooses to add them to the team.
    It's about were the bulk and meaningful time in you publication comes from. Characters are allowed to move around but this team is supposed to represent the Krakoa mutants. There are more X characters that should get the nod over her.

That doesn't mean she can't join another team that is run by the X office maybe over time that status can change but she needs to put the time in first

Astonishing Member

"Jump" might be the "official" story but he was pushed by Captain America.
    Dude, Cap was reaching out to grab him. His own goddamn thoughts outright said that avalanche jumped, so unless Cap has the magic power of his internal thoughts being completely different from his actual actions, then your interpretation has absolutely no support from anything and runs counter to what we do now.

And even if Cap purposely had pushed him, so fucking what? He had no idea that Avalaunche was being mind controlled by the Red Skull, and Avalaunche was actively trying to kill people on a mass scale in a city. I supposed stopping that counts as keeping the mutant down?

I voted for Monet, if only that someone explain this Penance-shifting nonsense [damn you Hickman! Introducing such a thing without addressing it...]. Plus I want her and Ev to acknowledge each other....

I'd be happy to see Avalanche win too, though. He could use the focus/development.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I’m not sure if this has been posted, but White confirmed that this vote is for X-Men by Duggan.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I voted for Gorgon. I think he would be quite an interesting team leader considering he has some murderous impulses.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Dude, Cap was reaching out to grab him. His own goddamn thoughts outright said that avalanche jumped, so unless Cap has the magic power of his internal thoughts being completely different from his actual actions, then your interpretation has absolutely no support from anything and runs counter to what we do now.

And even if Cap purposely had pushed him, so fucking what? He had no idea that Avalaunche was being mind controlled by the Red Skull, and Avalaunche was actively trying to kill people on a mass scale in a city. I supposed stopping that counts as keeping the mutant down?
    Seems like reaching and pushing look really similar. Villains always think they're doing good and ones like Cap can even lie to themselves. Heroes don't murder villains by pushing them off cliffs, mind controlled or not.

While Krakoa can never get poor Avalanche the justice he deserves, they can give him the honor of being an X-Men and show people that Mutants will not be daunted!

All-New Member

I voted for Firestar! I think she always deserved to be an X-men!
    She has vast experience as an Avenger and has her origins in the mutant universe! and now she deserves her rightful place among Kakoa's great heroes! I vote Firestar!
    Mutant community let's vote for Firestar!

Seems like reaching and pushing look really similar. Villains always think they're doing good and ones like Cap can even lie to themselves. Heroes don't murder villains by pushing them off cliffs, mind controlled or not.

While Krakoa can never get poor Avalanche the justice he deserves, they can give him the honor of being an X-Men and show people that Mutants will not be daunted!
    I mean...

(Uncanny Avengers#1).

His thoughts mention that Avalanche jumped, Cap himself is surprised, and Avalanche's own dialogue's basically saying "My job's done".

Cap was a completely piece of **** at times in the post AvX era, but outright ignoring or misinterpreting when he's not doing shitty things, well, not any better than when the same thing was being done to mutants, Cyke in particular.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 01-10-2022 at 02:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then