47 23.74%
  • Siryn

14 7.07%
  • Surge

48 24.24%
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    He's not a mutant, he got his powers in some kind of science accident (which also affected his cat). As Saithor mentioned, he was a happy-go-lucky fun guy until Marvel decided to make him grim-dark after the incident that kicked off Civil War. And while it's understandable that he would be wracked with guilt, the whole Penance thing was stupid. I'm glad he's back closer to his old self, maybe a bit more mature than before.

Don't know about the lady with the braid (unless you mean the blond woman - that's Namorita) but the colorful couple were apparently twins called Snowflake and Safe Space, a move that was guaranteed to piss off fans from all sides of the political spectrum.
    That entire event pissed off everyone for essentially just being Civil War for Marvel's teen heroes.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    When did Surge get so popular? She was one of my least favorites back in the Academy X era.
    She's got the Hellion rub.

Quote Originally Posted by morfini View Post
    I voted for Firestar! I think she always deserved to be an X-men!
    She has vast experience as an Avenger and has her origins in the mutant universe! and now she deserves her rightful place among Kakoa's great heroes! I vote Firestar!
    Mutant community let's vote for Firestar!
    She was living her best life while an X-Man for a short time. If she ends up winning I'm cool with it.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

I still haven't voted yet, not even here, I can't decide. It's between Surge, Penance, and Avalanche, now.

From Marvel's main Twitter announcement, here's their rank by likes and RTs, in the linked tweets for each character that followed:

Penance 684 + 297
    Surge 764 + 202
    Siryn 626 + 121
    Firestar 508 + 219
    Gentle 528 + 167
    Armor 489 + 117
    Bling! 348 + 96
    Gorgon 353 + 71
    Avalanche 299 + 74
    Micromax 280 + 73

Looks like it's going to be between Monet and Noriko.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 01-10-2022 at 03:58 PM.

Astonishing Member

You know, as much as I want Firestar, I wish Gorgon was ranking higher just so we could see a confused Gorgon go up to Cyclops and ask

Gorgon: "Cyclops, why are random people with swatsika's carved in their foreheads coming up to me, yelling Hail Hydra, and congratulating me on the work I've done on purging the earth of the 'lesser races'?"

Cyclops: "Goddamnit Charles, crap like this is why I should have killed you a second time."

Honestly id love Bling and Monet.

Need more black characters at the forefront..

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    I still haven't voted yet, not even here, I can't decide. It's between Surge, Penance, and Avalanche, now.

From Marvel's main Twitter announcement, here's their rank by likes and RTs, in the linked tweets for each character that followed:

Penance 684 + 297
    Surge 764 + 202
    Siryn 626 + 121
    Firestar 508 + 219
    Gentle 528 + 167
    Armor 489 + 117
    Bling! 348 + 96
    Gorgon 353 + 71
    Avalanche 299 + 74
    Micromax 280 + 73

Looks like it's going to be between Monet and Noriko.
    Twitter isn't real life though. Likely Firestar.

Astonishing Member

Looking back, it feels like last year's vote had the big advantage that we didn't had a clue about the New X-men team or how Duggan would write them (though it was also a point of conern when picking characters from what i recall).

Now that we know, i get the impression this vote is just picking someone to a fate of mediocre characterization or even less than that.

Astonishing Member

I was going to mention, wasn’t Firestar one of Emma’s students until Emma mentally traumatized her trying to turn her into a weapon against Selene and that’s about when she joined the New Warriors?

Meanwhile, comic websites are starting to get in on the “Firestar is a cop and a race traitor because she was once an Avenger”, so congrats to the X-fans pushing that crap as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by polaricefire View Post
    i still haven't voted yet, not even here, i can't decide. It's between surge, penance, and avalanche, now.

From marvel's main twitter announcement, here's their rank by likes and rts, in the linked tweets for each character that followed:

Penance 684 + 297
    surge 764 + 202
    siryn 626 + 121
    firestar 508 + 219
    gentle 528 + 167
    armor 489 + 117
    bling! 348 + 96
    gorgon 353 + 71
    avalanche 299 + 74
    micromax 280 + 73

looks like it's going to be between monet and noriko.
    come on surge we can do this

Astonishing Member

Actually, seeing what Duggan said about Firestar on X-men Monday, unless that was intended as a joke do not vote for her unless you want to see her character assassinated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Twitter isn't real life though. Likely Firestar.
    I agree that it's got 'Snakes on a Plane' energy, but it's still statistical info, that can be used to compare with the smaller sampling here. It is certainly possible Angelica will pull out the win, thanks to nostalgia for her forty-year-old cartoon origins, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Looking back, it feels like last year's vote had the big advantage that we didn't had a clue about the New X-men team or how Duggan would write them (though it was also a point of conern when picking characters from what i recall).

Now that we know, i get the impression this vote is just picking someone to a fate of mediocre characterization or even less than that.
    Did we know Duggan was writing? I remember thinking it was Hickman until the teaser that came out saying X-Men #1 by Gerry Duggan.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    It's about were the bulk and meaningful time in you publication comes from. Characters are allowed to move around but this team is supposed to represent the Krakoa mutants. There are more X characters that should get the nod over her.

That doesn't mean she can't join another team that is run by the X office maybe over time that status can change but she needs to put the time in first
    Hasn't she been an X-Man as long as Sunfire was?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Although, I also feel like all I am voting for is the next great "X-Men background wallpaper character."
    At least she'll be more noticeable in that than random crowd shots lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I....so Cap, with his arm outstretched reaching towards Avalaunche but still being several feet away from Avalaunche, somehow pushed him and also lied to what he intended to do, to himself, in the heat of the moment, and this is what you think is the most likely explanation for how that scene played out and not Red Skull making Avalaunche kill himself so that he could prevent anyone from finding out he was mind controlling mutants to inflame human-mutant relations.
    Maybe what actually happened is that Cap is secretly someone with telepathy and telekinesis, so he pushed Avalanche with telekinesis while he was trying to make it look like he was trying to save Avalanche, and then used his telepathy to make the reader think that his thoughts were about trying to save Avalanche.

It's the perfect crime if so .

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    Don't know about the lady with the braid
    That one's Trailblazer.

(unless you mean the blond woman - that's Namorita) but the colorful couple were apparently twins called Snowflake and Safe Space, a move that was guaranteed to piss off fans from all sides of the political spectrum.
    Hah, those are great codenames .

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I was going to mention, wasn’t Firestar one of Emma’s students until Emma mentally traumatized her trying to turn her into a weapon against Selene and that’s about when she joined the New Warriors?

Meanwhile, comic websites are starting to get in on the “Firestar is a cop and a race traitor because she was once an Avenger”, so congrats to the X-fans pushing that crap as per usual.
    If this isn't comic websites being stupid as usual, and somehow fans spread this shit, then man, this shows the power of butthurt lol.

Anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    This is a dumb question, but does anyone know how to vote on desktop? I could vote on mobile, but I didn't see the option on my laptop. It just said "vote now" and I could click on characters' portraits and bios, but I couldn't actually submit a vote.
    Having the same problem here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then