8 4.04%
  • Penance

47 23.74%
  • Siryn

14 7.07%
  • Surge

48 24.24%
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Per Duggan, the new team debuts in X-Men 13 & 14.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It won`t happen but I would be glad If new Gala to cut Duggan X-Men into Gold and Blue teams again.
    X-men Gold by Duggan with Jean, Polaris, Synch, Sunfire and new wallpaper members
    and Blue Team (NOT by Duggan) with Cyke, Rogue, Laura + Gambit and new members.
    I'd actually be for this too.

Jean, Polaris, Synch, Sunfire, Monet, Micromax
    Cyclops, Rogue, Laura, Gambit, Surge, Gentle

Blue Team has a mini New X-Men reunion
    Gold Team separates the horrible Synch and Laura romance and reintroduces Monet for drama, as well as newcomer Micromax.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury
    Oof, well there goes that fun speculation.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I voted for Monet, she's my favorite character of the options given. I'm not really a fan of Duggan's writing of most characters, but his Emma is pretty good, so his Monet should be decent. Can't be worse than Howard's version anyway. I also love Siryn and wouldn't mind her winning. And Bling and Gentle have had so few appearances that I don't think Duggan could screw them up too much, and any focus in a book at all would be better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Wut? So we have 7 issues remaining with the current team. Oh man, I hope it's not a complete overhaul because I want at least Polaris and Synch to stay.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

If i'm honest even though i like the characters the petty side of me is like xmen can drop 2 characters and i wouldn't say boo because their fans imo were taking it too far and obviously weren't interested in their faves participating in the book as is.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Cyclops, Rogue, Laura, Gambit, Surge, Gentle
    Now that would be awesome and exciting but very likely only a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If i'm honest even though i like the characters the petty side of me is like xmen can drop 2 characters and i wouldn't say boo because their fans imo were taking it too far and obviously weren't interested in their faves participating in the book as is.
    This is very thinly-veiled so I'll respond directly, don't cast stones when other fandoms have been in the same situation in past eras and waited for years to get their due.

I'm happy Storm is getting attention this era, every character should get their chances to shine but it's rarely the case.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I thought Armor would get more votes...

Wish Monet, AND Surge both made it.
    Did they show the results somewhere?

Or are you just talking about this thread because Monet and Firestar are all over twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    This is very thinly-veiled so I'll respond directly, don't cast stones when other fandoms have been in the same situation in past eras and waited for years to get their due.

I'm happy Storm is getting attention this era, every character should get their chances to shine but it's rarely the case.
    Not waving at anyone and definitely not thinly veiled but still a fact of how I feel about the topic which has to do with a new team or possible replacements so it is what is. I can try to be kind which I was but I can't manage other people feelings.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I cant believe they are actually doing this again. They barely did anything with the current team and now its about to change. Hopefully they are just swapping one character out and if so I can see it being Sunfire

Not waving at anyone and definitely not thinly veiled but still a fact of how I feel about the topic which has to do with a new team or possible replacements so it is what is. I can try to be kind which I was but I can't manage other people feelings.
    It's fine for you to feel that way, there's definitely been times when I'm reading books and feel irritated when it feels like other readers are nit-picking things I don't care about. I'm just saying, there are cycles and if a fave of yours isn't being treated well, it can be frustrating to feel constrained into a certain title.

Let's not forget Gold, when Storm's main contribution was shotting lightning once an issue and becoming BFFs with the floor. Not a fun time for any character in that book.

Anyway this is off-topic, I voted for Monet. Don't really care about the power-overlap, I just think she'd be fun in general and the interaction with Synch potentially is a bonus.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 01-11-2022 at 10:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

(Winking) ....Yo I hear you fam, lol! This is the silliness of fictional media.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I cant believe they are actually doing this again. They barely did anything with the current team and now its about to change. Hopefully they are just swapping one character out and if so I can see it being Sunfire
    Agreed, it's kind of jarring to see this as soon as we are. Maybe this accounts for why Duggan kept most of the stories one and done. Hopefully they are just switching one member out for another. I feel that we haven't even had a good meaty story told yet with such a powerful team and that is a waste.

Fantastic Member

Hmm.
    Surge could use something. Girl hasn't been seen in a long time.

Avalanche - could be fun to see his views after all this time. Nice reflection on how far mutants (and himself ) have come.

Armor - Unique powers and probably best personality for "super-hero".

I voted Armor.