8 4.04%
  • Penance

47 23.74%
  • Siryn

14 7.07%
  • Surge

48 24.24%
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I'm voting for Syrin. But it just feels so early. Duggan writes too little for each issue of X-men, so it feels like we got almost nothing from the team now. 12 issues or so won't feel like enough.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Here are the candidates!

Voting link: https://www.marvel.com/characters/x-men-vote
    Once again I'm like... can we just have a team with these candidates? It'd be a fun mix of personalities and more diverse than the average X-team. I'm very stuck between Surge and Monet. Both say it like it is and would bring interesting energy to the team. Surge has been stuck in limbo forever and would bring that Academy X rep, however Monet has a better chance of winning and I'd get to see her interact with Synch again (though I definitely don't want her in no love triangle).

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    "Leah Williams: You know who surged forward as a competent and shockingly fearless team leader whenever times were dark? Noriko Ashida, a.k.a. Surge — once a teenage runaway from Tokyo, and always a manic pixie nightmare with Manic Panic™ electric blue hair, Surge knows watts watt on current affairs. Classified Threat Level: High by Nimrod and Threat Level: Hottie by everyone else, Surge singlehandedly kicked Nimrod’s ass back to the past and put herself at risk to save her friends and peers. Out of everyone up for a vote, Surge is wired differently and cares the least about this kind of thing. What she cares about is responsibility, justice, and loyalty, and that’s exactly why you should vote for her. Vote Surge ’22, and sparks will fly."

AWWWWWWWWWWW we really need a New X-Men books right now by Leah Williams, she truly loves them
    I honestly thought she was out of the X-office, but since she's still around can they just announce what book she's writing and have it be New X-Men? Please and thanks.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

So happy to see Siryn as a candidate. Gave my vote to Terry, but I suspect Penance will probably win this.

Voted for Siryn
    I miss Terry, but I'd be glad to see Surge back in the front as well.

Surge all the way! Would have been Gentle not for Taylor's X-Men Red, but most of the kids haven't even gotten that much love

Team Siryn or Firestar. Siryn is a favorite of mine, but the potential drama of Firestar on the X-Men is really interesting to me -- what does she think of Krakoa? What is it like to be on the Avengers of the mutant world for an actual Avenger?

Surge has more likes and retweets than another candidate. She actually has a chance at winning???????

GET SOME, SURGE. GET SOME.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member

Have to agree that it seems really early for this. Even if the X-Men book was perfect and had already allowed everyone to shine, comics-time is very different from real-time and we're a few months at most removed from the Hellfire Gala.

Also gotta side eye a bit at the notion that no one's been interested in the Academy X/New X-Men kids when we've had writers talking about how they pitched books with those characters and got a "No thanks" from the X-Office.

Extraordinary Member

Hmm. The team already O5 rep with Scott and Jean. Some late 60s rep with Lorna. 70s rep with Sunfire, 80s rep with Rogue. 90s Gen X rep with Synch. And 2000s New X-Men rep with Laura.

I would like a New Mutant generation rep on team. Which I guess would be Firestar or Siryn. But another white woman with red head, with Jean already there?

Monet is a strong pick, but Rogue and Jean are already there, and you just know she’ll be in a love triangle with Synch if chosen.

Avalanche was once upon a time teammmates with Rogue. But then he’s be Lorna’s only potential love interest wouldn’t he.

I’d say Surge or Armor. And Surge desperately needs more love.

I voted Surge.

All-New Member

Team Siryn. I suspect Theresa or Monet will win this. X-Factor Investigations!

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Have to agree that it seems really early for this. Even if the X-Men book was perfect and had already allowed everyone to shine, comics-time is very different from real-time and we're a few months at most removed from the Hellfire Gala.
    third this. Way way too early. I would hope at least 24 issues.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I voted Firestar. She’s one of my favorite Marvel characters and I’ve been a fan of Miss Angelica “Jinx” since 1983!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    third this. Way way too early. I would hope at least 24 issues.
    A team of 8 is normal these days. Good round number.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    A team of 8 is normal these days. Good round number.
    If they are just adding a member, which is my preference then i'm all for that but if it's a new team it's just too early if it's a replacement and not a unheard team book. When i was voting i was thinking under the assumption this person would just be added to the team so i thought about overall what they offer to that group of people rather than i just want to see this person. So i kind of wish now we at least knew which is it are they adding a person or a new team cause i'm confused.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/