8 4.04%
  • Penance

47 23.74%
  • Siryn

14 7.07%
  • Surge

48 24.24%
Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-Men Vote begins tomorrow (1/10/22)

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I'm just saying, I'm voting for Hellion. I don't care if he's an option or not, I'm voting for him. I'll figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Who's being nominated?

who are the people we are voting for or is that said tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    who are the people we are voting for or is that said tomorrow
    Tomorrow, I think.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member

Bill the lobster.

Astonishing Member

I still maintain that this has nothing to do with Duggan's X-Men and is going to be a vote about a cast member to add to X-Men Red. The first teaser was in all black with just one element highlighted in red - "X-Men vote 2022" - and now this teaser is in all black with just one notable spot of color, the red X. Literally every other teaser I've seen them do for their books using the current X-logo and Krakoan symbology has just been in all black, so I feel the repeated emphasis on including a splash of red in everything about this new X-Men vote has to be deliberate....with the only reason that makes sense to me being that its a hint that this vote is about X-Men Red.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I still maintain that this has nothing to do with Duggan's X-Men and is going to be a vote about a cast member to add to X-Men Red. The first teaser was in all black with just one element highlighted in red - "X-Men vote 2022" - and now this teaser is in all black with just one notable spot of color, the red X. Literally every other teaser I've seen them do for their books using the current X-logo and Krakoan symbology has just been in all black, so I feel the repeated emphasis on including a splash of red in everything about this new X-Men vote has to be deliberate....with the only reason that makes sense to me being that its a hint that this vote is about X-Men Red.
    NGL, I would bend space and time to rig the vote if it meant one of my faves got written by Ewing.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Wouldn't it be too late for it, though? The book has been already solicited, and probably written.

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Wouldn't it be too late for it, though? The book has been already solicited, and probably written.
    I don't think that makes it any less likely this is a vote for X-Men Red than what people are assuming, that this is about either adding a new character to the current X-Men roster or replacing someone. Its not like anyone thinks they're going to restart the X-Men title after just ten issues, lol, its pretty clear that if this IS for the main X-book, the result of the vote will just be added into the book moving forward.....so I don't see any reason why the same logic couldn't hold true for using the marketing tool of getting people excited for a vote/part in the creative process as just part of their promotional strategy for X-Men Red.

Like yeah Ewing probably already has his main cast solidified, but if like say, he'd gone to Marvel and said "I have room for some more subplots and character arcs with potentially any of these six or seven other characters, but I can't decide which of those characters to pick since I really won't be able to focus on more than just one of them on top of the other cast members I've already committed on. Do you have a preference for which one/which plans you want me to pick for this last character slot?"

Then if something like that had happened, I could easily see Marvel having said hang on, this sounds to us like the perfect set up for another X-Men vote we can use for marketing! Let the people decide, if its all the same to you either way and you have stories you could write for any of those characters and just need to settle on one of them specifically.

Edit: Oh, to clarify, when I say I think this is for X-Men Red, I didn't mean I think its results would be reflected in X-Men Red #1 specifically....just that its for a character who'll end up in that title, even if that won't happen until a few issues in.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-09-2022 at 07:30 PM.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Here we go again! Gambit on the main book (with Rogue) is my #1 priority, but I don't think a heavy hitter like him would be on the vote. Unless there's more than one heavy hitter on there. Maybe Beast, plus a new direction for him? I don't know how many votes he'd get in his current persona though.

For more underappreciated gems, last time Marrow got my vote. I'd enjoy Dazzler or Longshot.

If there's one thing I expect from this, it's that the character I vote for won't win.

Incredible Member

Its more likely a marketing trick that is used to increase sales. The X is a symbol known for X-men, so they are just using colors to pop that x and draw people in at a quick first glance. On the internet you literally have 5 secs to make an impression before a person moves on. Also the color red is a power color that draws peoples eyes. It mush more of a marketing tool then anything I think. I have about 13 years of market research and this is the exact kinda thing we worked on. product "packaging" and design.

Red X. Told a long time ago that it is just a final member for X-Men RED.