• Penance

47 23.74%
  • Siryn

14 7.07%
  • Surge

48 24.24%
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I feel like Armor & Surge are splitting votes though, being from the same generation. Hopefully editorial recognizes that people want to see a lot of the top characters in books.
    White even mentioned this as a possibility on X-Men Monday.

So we know those characters haven’t had the spotlight, and I think that’s part of why we went, “Hold on, there are some great characters in there. Let’s give them a shot too.” Now I hope that doesn’t mean we’ve split the Academy X vote. I hope that they’re not going to just be in a bitter fight with each other. And who knows, if you remember last year, lots of political alliances happened. People who weren’t going to vote for Banshee banded together to try to vote for Banshee to save him. So maybe the Academy X people can put aside their differences and pick their candidate and decide who they’re going to back. Which one? I don’t know. We’ll find out.
    Now, I'm not saying my girl Surge is suffering because the Academy X vote is split between three candidates. I'm just saying that everyone who votes against her is a bot or actively conspiring against me, personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Why is Armor even there? She's had the most shots at being an X-man than anyone else from that era save maybe X-23

Astonishing Member

I’m not going to lie, Micromax being 14% up but still dead last is hilarious

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I'm surprised Avalanche is so high. Did I miss something with this character?
    X-Men Evolution had a pretty popular version of Avalanche.

A lil disappointed cause we already have a redhead and a fire-based character on the team.

Also I know Duggan’s gonna be like well I voted for another POC to join the team but the fans didn’t want it. Whole time he could just add another POC that’s not dependent on these votes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    A lil disappointed cause we already have a redhead and a fire-based character on the team.

Also I know Duggan’s gonna be like well I voted for another POC to join the team but the fans didn’t want it. Whole time he could just add another POC that’s not dependent on these votes.
    You don’t need to worry about backlash over that, there’s enough backlash from her being an Avenger, a “cop”, and a “Traitor to mutantkind”.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    You don’t need to worry about backlash over that, there’s enough backlash from her being an Avenger, a “cop”, and a “Traitor to mutantkind”.
    I’m honestly ignoring all that cause it’s literally so dumb. She has history with the franchise so there was always the chance that she’d return to it. I’m more concerned bout some of my faves getting stuck back in limbo, and the continuous sidelining of POC x-characters.

Let’s goooo Firestar!!

Marvel’s current projections:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/st...85848461484034

I’ve sort of warmed up to Firestar (see what I did there?). She and Jean will have lots to chat about and relate to in one another, lol.
    Last edited by Mercury; 01-12-2022 at 05:03 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I'm surprised Siryn and Avalanche are so far down, but not surprised Firestar and Armor are where they are. I always had Firestar or Armor as toss-up.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member

I’m honestly ignoring all that cause it’s literally so dumb. She has history with the franchise so there was always the chance that she’d return to it. I’m more concerned bout some of my faves getting stuck back in limbo, and the continuous sidelining of POC x-characters.
    Always a problem. I’m not exactly enthused myself because I’m concerned that Duggan and White has the same views on her as those fans.

I saw a comment on twitter that said "I don't even care about X-men but I want to see my girl Firestar again"

I mean bruh

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I saw a comment on twitter that said "I don't even care about X-men but I want to see my girl Firestar again"

I mean bruh
    Oh wow, how astounding it must feel. There’s about twenty times as much about her being a cop, traitor to mutantkind, or about how she should have never been on the list. Honestly I’d say backlash to that is part of the reason she’s so high on the list now.

To be fair to Duggan, he might just plop Tempo on the team, since he really did want her. Though I could be wrong (comics, right?), I think the only mainstays are Jean and Scott, as they should be, legends and original members that they are, with Jean being Xavier’s first student and Scott the first X-Man.

Personally, I want Synch, Sunfire, and Lorna to stay, and Gentle and Tempo added.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Incredible Member

I really hope Armor doesn't win, She has had so many chances (New Mutants, S.W.O.R.D, Last Year Vote) and she faild, give the chance to another character, heck even somone with forcefield powers like her power, Cecilia Reyes, Skids, Unus, Radius or Unuscione. Or another Academy X kids like Indra, Trance, Match, Dryad, Spectr, etc.