47 23.74%
  • Siryn

14 7.07%
  • Surge

48 24.24%
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aetherna View Post
    #Micromentum!

Yeah, I ended up voting Firestar but I'm worried that if she does end up winning she will just be written in a way that satisfies those social media weirdoes. Particularly since Duggan seems extremely unenthused by her.

Right?!? What happened to “Gerry is excited to write all these characters”. This gimmick is becoming less and less fun, but editorial treats it like they’re giving a bunch of unknowns their due when only one of them will win, and the writer clearly has a preference so he should just be able to shake-up the team in the way he wants.

Astonishing Member

You know a fun fact about the entire “She’s a cop thing” someone pointed out to me. You know who’s also on the poll? Avalanche? What team was he part of at one point? Freedom Force. Who was one the mutants they tried to forcibly arrest as part of the Mutant Registration Act? Firestar. Irony, thy name is X-man.

Mighty Member

What did Duggan say about Firestar?

Firestar's twitter promotion is pretty funny. Ewwwwwwww!

Still hope M will be the winner!!! Firestar is so damn boring and her powers are basic...

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    What did Duggan say about Firestar?
    Because Firestar isn't really an X character and spends most of her time with Avengers he called her a cop. Saithor is really in his feelings about it.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Kinda want Firestar to win just to see the reaction of people mad

So when will they announce the winner? I get the feeling the next Gala is going to be smaller as an event than the last if it's so soon
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 01-13-2022 at 07:57 AM.

Voted Gentle originally, but switched to Armor to try and make sure Firestar doesn’t win.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Wait, you can vote multiple times?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Wait, you can vote multiple times?
    If you have different devices. A phone and a laptop can each provide a unique vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    You know a fun fact about the entire “She’s a cop thing” someone pointed out to me. You know who’s also on the poll? Avalanche? What team was he part of at one point? Freedom Force. Who was one the mutants they tried to forcibly arrest as part of the Mutant Registration Act? Firestar. Irony, thy name is X-man.
    Mystique, Destiny, Pyro, Avalanche, and Blob were all policed to enforce the MRA! Talk about cops, that reason alone should force M&D off the quiet council!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Does anyone know who’s winning at the moment?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cable2X View Post
    Does anyone know who’s winning at the moment?
    Firestar unfortunately

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm sad to see Siryn doing so poorly.

I hope Monet is able to take this, but I guess I underestimated the power of Amazing Friends or whatever it was called. I've never had much thoughts when it comes to Firestar, but I find the discord around the character kind of off putting, and I hope she doesn't get the role just so that I don't have to sit through pages of the same discussion. Duggan calling her a cop was clearly a joke, and people acting as if he's going to go out of his way to destroy a character is just silly. People talked a lot of **** last year too with the vote. It's not that deep.

I know Angelica has ties to the X-Men, but she is barley a blip on the radar when it comes to the franchise and I'd much prefer seeing another character get this opportunity with a main X-Men title.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm sad to see Siryn doing so poorly.

I hope Monet is able to take this, but I guess I underestimated the power of Amazing Friends or whatever it was called. I've never had much thoughts when it comes to Firestar, but I find the discord around the character kind of off putting, and I hope she doesn't get the role just so that I don't have to sit through pages of the same discussion. Duggan calling her a cop was clearly a joke, and people acting as if he's going to go out of his way to destroy a character is just silly. People talked a lot of **** last year too with the vote. It's not that deep.

I know Angelica has ties to the X-Men, but she is barley a blip on the radar when it comes to the franchise and I'd much prefer seeing another character get this opportunity with a main X-Men title.
    This reasoning I’m fine with. I would have preferred Gorgon for the story potential or Bling! Before all this nonsense started taking place, but Marvel has to make sure the poll had at least one controversial character they knew would get buzz.

Astonishing Member

…I did not think Spider-Man and his amazing friends would still have weight with the ‘casuals’. Interesting. Disney, take note *cough* TAS cast for the next X-men movie* cough*