8 4.04%
  • Penance

47 23.74%
  • Siryn

14 7.07%
  • Surge

48 24.24%
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

After having some time to think, I'd be fine with Firestar winning, if only because I have a good shitpost at the ready for that scenario. It wouldn't work as well if a character like Armor, Penance or Siryn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    To be fair to Duggan, he might just plop Tempo on the team, since he really did want her. Though I could be wrong (comics, right?), I think the only mainstays are Jean and Scott, as they should be, legends and original members that they are, with Jean being Xavier’s first student and Scott the first X-Man.

Personally, I want Synch, Sunfire, and Lorna to stay, and Gentle and Tempo added.
    I think Tempo is part of the new Marauders run and I doubt she’d be snatched from that team so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think Tempo is part of the new Marauders run and I doubt she’d be snatched from that team so quickly.
    Now that you mention it, wasn’t she included in some art for that book? Bummer.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Now that you mention it, wasn’t she included in some art for that book? Bummer.
    Yup, Tempo will be riding with the Marauders for the time being.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yup, Tempo will be riding with the Marauders for the time being.
    At least she's in a book, that's more than some characters can claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    At least she's in a book, that's more than some characters can claim.
    Agreed, although I do feel this era has given a lot of shine to a lot of characters that were neglected for years. There's definitely room for improvement but overall I think there's been a lot of love spread around.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed, although I do feel this era has given a lot of shine to a lot of characters that were neglected for years. There's definitely room for improvement but overall I think there's been a lot of love spread around.
    Let's hope that love reaches Julian Keller, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Writers write whom they are interested in and Duggan seems the least interested in Sunfire, Wolverine and Rogue. Yeah he got a bit of focus in the last issue, but I still see him at the bottom of the totem pole. I think Laura is safe bc of her ongoing subplot with Synch whom Duggan seems to love. I guess he could also get rid of Rogue especially since he isnt using her, which is a shock since she was a lead in his UA run
    Duggan has said in an interview that Sunfire is one of his favourites.
    Please Remain Calm

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    I really hope Armor doesn't win, She has had so many chances (New Mutants, S.W.O.R.D, Last Year Vote) and she faild, give the chance to another character, heck even somone with forcefield powers like her power, Cecilia Reyes, Skids, Unus, Radius or Unuscione. Or another Academy X kids like Indra, Trance, Match, Dryad, Spectr, etc.

Some of them had the same chance (Monet got X-Corp, X of Swords and the Plant vs Zombie mini , Siryn had a story focused around her in X-Factor, Gorgon was a main protagonist in X of Sword ....)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    Some of them had the same chance (Monet got X-Corp, X of Swords and the Plant vs Zombie mini , Siryn had a story focused around her in X-Factor, Gorgon was a main protagonist in X of Sword ....)
    She was in one issue of X of Swords, and the other X-writers besides Tini and Jonathan kept her knocked out for 3/4 issues of the Empyre tie-in. The less said about X-Corp the better

Oh hell no. The fans are getting wild 😂

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member

Going based on the Twitter and subreddit, if she actually wins we might be capable of heading the collective Ree-ing just before it hits nuclear. Mass murderers in charge of Krakoan government? A-okay! And Avenger on my X-team? Now hope your horses, let’s not do anything indecent.

This will never not be funny to me, that this is happening.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Now, I'm not saying my girl Surge is suffering because the Academy X vote is split between three candidates. I'm just saying that everyone who votes against her is a bot or actively conspiring against me, personally.
    Bling!, Gentle and Surge. It is frustrating for me, since most of my favorite Academy X kids aren't there (Hellion, Wind-Dancer, Dust, Indra, Bling!, Spectre).

But hey, Bling! LGBT and racially diverse!

So, natch, she's almost bottom of the heap (but who knows, Micromax could rally and leave her holding that coveted last place!).

Damn, I was certain Bling! would at least get into the top 5. Seeing her almost in the last spot makes me sad. At least she should still show up for the next Gala, hopefully with Mercury as her date.

Pleasantly surprised both Surge and Armor are doing so well. Here's hoping someone at Marvel reads the room and realizes a book featuring the Academy X generation would probably sell really well.

Spectacular Member

I’m not going to lie, Micromax being 14% up but still dead last is hilarious
    #Micromentum!

Always a problem. I’m not exactly enthused myself because I’m concerned that Duggan and White has the same views on her as those fans.
    Yeah, I ended up voting Firestar but I'm worried that if she does end up winning she will just be written in a way that satisfies those social media weirdoes. Particularly since Duggan seems extremely unenthused by her.
    Last edited by Aetherna; 01-13-2022 at 04:50 AM.