• Penance

47 23.74%
  • Siryn

14 7.07%
  • Surge

48 24.24%
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

All the reasons people say it shouldn't be Firestar are the reasons she's the most interesting option

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

If a 40 percent plus surge isn't enough for first place...it ain't happening

Go Monet! She was my pick from the beginning. But I'm also fine with Firestar.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Go Monet! She was my pick from the beginning. But I'm also fine with Firestar.
    Hey if it comes with a free retcon of X-corps out of existence, I’ll fully support Monet.

Sheesh, how big of a lead does Firestar have.

Either way, go Monet! Hopefully she still has a chance.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I know twitter isn't real, but my god some of the Penance stans are pretty toxic. The vitriol they are spewing is awful. I can take a joke and banter but some tweets are just plain nasty.
    Yeah. I wish I hadn't taken a look at what people are posting on twitter. It is one thing to passionately campaign for your favorite, another thing to bash all the fans of another character.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    All the reasons people say it shouldn't be Firestar are the reasons she's the most interesting option
    I personally disagree in terms of story telling Gentle and M beat Firestar.

First off Gentle has Wakanda and Russia heritage both of which refuse Krakoa drugs so they are not really. We never met Gentle's father so that could be a great story hook if he is used as a PR move for both nations.

As for M the potential 3 way lovers triangle between Synch and Laura could be interesting on top of the X Corp fallout

but what ever

Astonishing Member

X-men has more than enough love triangles already. Never mind we’re talking about the Synch-Laura thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I personally disagree in terms of story telling Gentle and M beat Firestar.

First off Gentle has Wakanda and Russia heritage both of which refuse Krakoa drugs so they are not really. We never met Gentle's father so that could be a great story hook if he is used as a PR move for both nations.

As for M the potential 3 way lovers triangle between Synch and Laura could be interesting on top of the X Corp fallout

but what ever
    It think neither country would care about a PR move like that. Russia hates mutants (except for those on the Winter Guard) and Wakandans really don't like him as they think of him as an outsider...even his own mother. Pretty much the only one who has shown him respect is T'Challa. I think more than that would be for him to find his father and find out he wanted to come back to him and his mother but was prevented from it. Maybe he is a mutant as well and was imprisoned in Russia. IIRC...it is stated somewhere that if he had not abandoned his mother and him he would not have been considered an outsider...so what if he finds his father and frees him.

Honestly I'm not too interested in what Firestar brings to the table. She's a new perspective, but what will that really add for an X-Men book? Her making comments about how she doesn't like things? Her being annoyed at Emma? I guess maybe her views could lead to some small changes to Krakoa? I'm sure some of you have a bigger imagination than me, especially long-time Firestar fans. If someone can paint a clearer picture on what stories they could do with her differing perspective, I wanna hear it so I can be hyped in her win.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I don’t believe in this vote. I bet it is rigged. Who votes for Firestar and why?

M should be it!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Honestly I'm not too interested in what Firestar brings to the table. She's a new perspective, but what will that really add for an X-Men book? Her making comments about how she doesn't like things? Her being annoyed at Emma? I guess maybe her views could lead to some small changes to Krakoa? I'm sure some of you have a bigger imagination than me, especially long-time Firestar fans. If someone can paint a clearer picture on what stories they could do with her differing perspective, I wanna hear it so I can be hyped in her win.
    Honestly, I’m trying to increase the vectors to start a proletariat revolution against the Quiet Council.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Honestly, I’m trying to increase the vectors to start a proletariat revolution against the Quiet Council.
    You mean the people who don't have to work , get free housing, free food, and get to be immortal

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I don’t believe in this vote. I bet it is rigged. Who votes for Firestar and why?

M should be it!!
    She has lots of non-X fans who are voting for her and also lots of name recognition due to SpiderMan and Avengers.

I'd be more open to her if I didn't think they'd just take Sunfire out to make room for her.

Astonishing Member

You do know that politics can encompass differences of opinions besides just those four things and some people actually believe in having a direct say in their governance in some capacity?