• Penance

47 23.74%
  • Siryn

14 7.07%
  • Surge

48 24.24%
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I voted for Monet, if only that someone explain this Penance-shifting nonsense [damn you Hickman! Introducing such a thing without addressing it...]. Plus I want her and Ev to acknowledge each other....
    Agreed! Plus she needs to redeem herself after that X-Corp misfire.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Seems like reaching and pushing look really similar. Villains always think they're doing good and ones like Cap can even lie to themselves. Heroes don't murder villains by pushing them off cliffs, mind controlled or not.

While Krakoa can never get poor Avalanche the justice he deserves, they can give him the honor of being an X-Men and show people that Mutants will not be daunted!
    I....so Cap, with his arm outstretched reaching towards Avalaunche but still being several feet away from Avalaunche, somehow pushed him and also lied to what he intended to do, to himself, in the heat of the moment, and this is what you think is the most likely explanation for how that scene played out and not Red Skull making Avalaunche kill himself so that he could prevent anyone from finding out he was mind controlling mutants to inflame human-mutant relations.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Well for those who keep on wanting the New X-Men to get more focus. You can do something about that now. So vote for Surge or Gentle.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Mighty Member

Voted for Monet.

Monet replaces Rogue and Surge replaces Laura. Duggan doesn't get Laura and he's barely used Rogue who would surely get picked up by another book.

I think Gentle would be better for XMen RED.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Agreed! Plus she needs to redeem herself after that X-Corp misfire.
    I don't know how Tini keeps getting work. Mutant magic and mutant business were both potent concepts and she managed to completely fumble both in Excalibur and X-Corp. Her Monet was particularly egregious.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't know how Tini keeps getting work. Mutant magic and mutant business were both potent concepts and she managed to completely fumble both in Excalibur and X-Corp. Her Monet was particularly egregious.
    It wasn't just boring, the benevolent race stuff stank of "Hey, exploitative capitalism is alright as long as it's X-people doing it". That and uh...Mastermind. Screw Mastermind. But yes more Monet would be nice although I'm hoping for Armor, Surge, or Firestar first.

Or just Gorgon for the lols. Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Well for those who keep on wanting the New X-Men to get more focus. You can do something about that now. So vote for Surge or Gentle.
    Yeah I hope Academy X vote doesn't get split too much and they vote for Surge lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Yeah, looked like she was going to play a part in New Warriors, before it got nuked.

Is that twink Pyro?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Is that twink Pyro?
    Which one? The blond guy with the face mask is Speedball, if that's who you mean.

Someone jokingly said "We already have one redhead" about Firestar and Siryn, but that makes me think that the options could be a glimpse at what characters they intend to have leaving the team (if not all of them). If you can easily compare one character up for vote to another on the team, that could be an indicator.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    Which one? The blond guy with the face mask is Speedball, if that's who you mean.
    Didn't know him, thanks. Is he a mutant?

Also, who are the colorful couple? They seem interesting. So is the lady with th braid.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Someone jokingly said "We already have one redhead" about Firestar and Siryn, but that makes me think that the options could be a glimpse at what characters they intend to have leaving the team (if not all of them). If you can easily compare one character up for vote to another on the team, that could be an indicator.
    If that's the case Sunfire & Rogue probably both getting fired.

Astonishing Member

Also, who are the colorful couple? They seem interesting. So is the lady with th braid.
    He's possibly one of the few characters who can claim to have been as mistreated by marvel editorial as the X-men. Speedball was the guy chosen to cause the Stamford incident and kick off Civil War, and he was turned form a happy-go lucky hero who wanted to help people to a grimdank masochist character named Pennance who forcibly hurt himself with a spiked costume to get more power and it was pretty dumb. I think they eventually restored him when they realized nobody was interested in a Rob Liefeld version of Speedball.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If that's the case Sunfire & Rogue probably both getting fired.
    Yeah, 3 Japanese and one mutant with fire powers seems like very bad news for Shiro.

Fantastic Member

He's not a mutant, he got his powers in some kind of science accident (which also affected his cat). As Saithor mentioned, he was a happy-go-lucky fun guy until Marvel decided to make him grim-dark after the incident that kicked off Civil War. And while it's understandable that he would be wracked with guilt, the whole Penance thing was stupid. I'm glad he's back closer to his old self, maybe a bit more mature than before.

Don't know about the lady with the braid (unless you mean the blond woman - that's Namorita) but the colorful couple were apparently twins called Snowflake and Safe Space, a move that was guaranteed to piss off fans from all sides of the political spectrum.