• Siryn

14 7.07%
  • Surge

48 24.24%
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yeah spread those votes out to everyone so Firestar stays in the lead

Astonishing Member

I honestly don’t care at this point. The X-office got its wish of driving engagement up by arranging this and sparking another conflict between diehard X-fans, casual fans, the rest of the marvel fandom, etc. Does anyone actually think these polls are a good idea? Because it's pretty clear if Firestar wins Duggan has no enthusiasm for the character at all, and I'm going to prep myself for an X-men green level of spite.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Everyone keeps saying Duggan must hate Firestar because of a single comment as though he absolutely was not involved with the decision behind who's on the ballot

Where was this secret Firestar fanbase when Marvel Divas and Amazing X-Men were tanking?

I'm surprised to see Gentle in the Top 5. Is he taking votes from Monet? Aarghh.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Where was this secret Firestar fanbase when Marvel Divas and Amazing X-Men were tanking?

I'm surprised to see Gentle in the Top 5. Is he taking votes from Monet? Aarghh.
    Honestly? This is probably casual fans who are familiar with the tv show driving it because it was on twitter, and the name probably got trending because of people complaining about her presence on the poll. Some of it's also spite votes as well probably.

Keep voting for Firestar! We need someone who can put Emma in her place!!

1393BDBB-5E07-4D07-AD37-0EA3C7CA736F.jpg
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Honestly? This is probably casual fans who are familiar with the tv show driving it because it was on twitter, and the name probably got trending because of people complaining about her presence on the poll. Some of it's also spite votes as well probably.
    Yup, no disrespect but majority of the peeps voting for her are not going to pick up a comic ever.

I feel for my fellow NXM fans but ya'll, they ain't winning. Please put your muscle behind Monet please please please. It's the only thing I'll ever ask of you.

I'm keeping my votes for Surge. I don't want Firestar to win (No offense, but she's boring to me), but I want Marvel to see that Surge has a lot of support behind her. If she keeps her high score, that would show that a lot of people really like her.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I'm keeping my votes for Surge. I don't want Firestar to win (No offense, but she's boring to me), but I want Marvel to see that Surge has a lot of support behind her. If she keeps her high score, that would show that a lot of people really like her.
    I don't think anyone on the poll will be in a book anytime soon, I bet everyone on there are ones they knew no one else wanted to use in the upcoming titles.

On a lighter note, seeing who the Top 2 are, the results should def be announced by Emma dressed like Effie Trinket.

Wait, you can change your vote? Or vote multiple times?
    I'm still supporting Surge anyway. M and Firestar were my 2d and 3d choices, so I can live with either of them winning.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Surge fans giving 2016 Jill Stein voter energy at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I wish I had more faith in X-editorial to use this as a research opportunity to see which characters' have the interest of fans and creators. Like... can you imagine if X-Men Unlimited was designed to spotlight the losers of these elections instead of just being random stories? Or if Marvel revived their Giant-Size one-shots and focused on the losers of these elections.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I wish I had more faith in X-editorial to use this as a research opportunity to see which characters' have the interest of fans and creators. Like... can you imagine if X-Men Unlimited was designed to spotlight the losers of these elections instead of just being random stories? Or if Marvel revived their Giant-Size one-shots and focused on the losers of these elections.
    God I wish they did. Anything would have been better than what we did get in Unlimited. But you'd have to get the writer's interested in these characters as well.

I know twitter isn't real, but my god some of the Penance stans are pretty toxic. The vitriol they are spewing is awful. I can take a joke and banter but some tweets are just plain nasty.