Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Default Spine Tingling Spider-man (series thread)

A condensed thread to discuss Spine Tingling Spider-man month to month.
    The series started with a #0 issue that compiled the online story that served as the impetus for horror Spidey stories.
    Issue #3 just dropped this week and revealed who the big bad is that is torturing Peter and it is....spoilers:
    Jackal
    end of spoilers
    The main henchman, against his will, is also revealed as spoilers:
    Spidercide
    end of spoilers.
    Issue #3 also shows us that Mysterio has been tortured and used as part of plot. So here Quentin is a sympathetic figure.
    The fact that this feat against Peter has been in development for several months shows deep hatred by the Big Bad. It also begs, where are you getting these resources?
    I'm curious where the story goes now and have some ideas but lets discuss.

STSM1.jpg
    STSM2.jpg
    STSM3.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    A condensed thread to discuss Spine Tingling Spider-man month to month.
    The series started with a #0 issue that compiled the online story that served as the impetus for horror Spidey stories.
    Issue #3 just dropped this week and revealed who the big bad is that is torturing Peter and it is....spoilers:
    Jackal
    end of spoilers
    The main henchman, against his will, is also revealed as spoilers:
    Spidercide
    end of spoilers.
    Issue #3 also shows us that Mysterio has been tortured and used as part of plot. So here Quentin is a sympathetic figure.
    The fact that this feat against Peter has been in development for several months shows deep hatred by the Big Bad. It also begs, where are you getting these resources?
    I'm curious where the story goes now and have some ideas but lets discuss.

STSM1.jpg
    STSM2.jpg
    STSM3.jpg
    Been quite the hell-ride thus far. Wonder who's funding this guy, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Well, the Jackal seems like an logical choice as the big bad. But... Why is he doing this? I mean, I know he hates Peter and stuff, but why all this mental manipulation and stuff? I know he's crazy and wants to make Peter suffer, but I don't see any objective here.

As for Spidercide, it was about time he realized that, instead of Peter, who he should hate the most in this world is his own creator, the Jackal.

I have to say, the backstages presented here made me think about the ones used to create the fake memories inside Wolverine's head by Weapon X.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, the Jackal seems like an logical choice as the big bad. But... Why is he doing this? I mean, I know he hates Peter and stuff, but why all this mental manipulation and stuff? I know he's crazy and wants to make Peter suffer, but I don't see any objective here.

As for Spidercide, it was about time he realized that, instead of Peter, who he should hate the most in this world is his own creator, the Jackal.

I have to say, the backstages presented here made me think about the ones used to create the fake memories inside Wolverine's head by Weapon X.
    Maybe Jackal's teamed up with Weapon X/Plus or something like that. Wouldn't be the first time Jackal ripped off an X-Men villain for his schemes, though, like raiding Mister Sinister's labs in Chris Yost's Avenging Spider-Man/Superior Spider-Man Team-Up.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

I love this series. I'm a big horror fan, a big Spidey fan, and a big fan of the Clone Saga so this is right up my alley. The art is so good, too.