Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Should Dan Slott return the ASM once again?

Slott seems interested in returning to the Spider-Man franchise. He has plenty of stories to tell. I have this reoccurring dream that Slott will become the next Spider-Editor over seeing the Spider-Titles? Would anyone want to see Slott return as Editor?

https://boundingintocomics.com/2021/...ated-accounts/

Astonishing Member

No. He definitely shouldn't.
    Slott was writing Spider-Man for ten years. Other people deserve their chance to do it.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 01-10-2022 at 05:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member

no no no no no no... no

No. I'd rather they kill permanently every version of Spider-Man than have Slott mess with Spidey and his supporting cast/loved ones again. He had his five minutes.

A hard no from me.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

BANNED

Good lord no! He was on there for ten years and nearly destroyed the character, and his ego was out of control. By the end he was clearly on some sort of power trip and stayed out of a sense that he 'got' the character more than anyone else. I completely disagreed with his his take on Peter, his personality, the tone, and the metaphysical Spider-verse stuff.

asking the wrong forum buddy
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Slott seems interested in returning to the Spider-Man franchise. He has plenty of stories to tell. I have this reoccurring dream that Slott will become the next Spider-Editor over seeing the Spider-Titles? Would anyone want to see Slott return as Editor?

https://boundingintocomics.com/2021/...ated-accounts/
    It is not happening. Why? “Spider-Man is a young man’s comic.” ( Dan Slott). Besides almost nobody wants him back on the book ( including the Marvel Office, which is why a lot of his stuff like Superior got erased)). One thing I have learned about Slott is he likes to say and ( or) do things he knows will rile up the readership like the negative Mary Jane comments. This is what he is doing. I say ignore it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    It is not happening. Why? “Spider-Man is a young man’s comic.” ( Dan Slott). Besides almost nobody wants him back on the book ( including the Marvel Office, which is why a lot of his stuff like Superior got erased)). One thing I have learned about Slott is he likes to say and ( or) do things he knows will rile up the readership like the negative Mary Jane comments. This is what he is doing. I say ignore it.
    LMAO!! Is there proof the office doesn’t want him back? If they had a problem with his stories, they wouldn’t have green lit any of them. I need proof suggesting they have a problem with what he wrote. And note that “erasing” stories is pretty much a company wide thing to maintain a boring status quo.

Astonishing Member

Let me be very clear:

No
    Hella no
    No, jamás nunca
    Non
    Nee
    Nein
    Nie
    Nay
    Não
    Nu
    Nej
    Nullo modo
    Нет
    いいえ

아니

Hapana
    नहीं
    قم
    όχι
    होइन
    ਨਹੀ
    %@#$ NO NO NO WHY THE %@#$ IS THIS EVEN A QUESTION
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 01-10-2022 at 08:31 AM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

While I agree that Slott's time as head writer on Spider-man is done (though not in sentiment or with the ridiculous vitriol of others here) I do think having him back as editor is actually pretty good idea. I always liked his enthusiasm for moving Peter, his life and world forward and having him face new and interesting threats and challenges.

While I may not agree with some of his directions (mostly at the end) I was consistently interested in where things were going.

I think he could be an editor like Denny O'Neil was to Batman in the '90s, a fan and keeper of tradition who understood the character and his world but also understood that times change and new voices need to be heard... and sometimes said 'no' to. I think he'd do a great job shepherding the books.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Slott had around 8 years all his own to steer this ship, better to let other people have a shot at the character.

It's kind of a curious choice for the article, though, since I expected the link to deal with Slott's alleged desire to return to the character as opposed to his usual Twitter antics antagonizing his own readerbase.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Personal feelings about his run aside, the guy was wrote almost over 150 ASM issues, he told the story he wanted to tell already.

If he were to ever return, it'd better to be years from now, when other writers have had their chance, him returning after a really long run like his' would be too soon if he came back after Beyond is done with.

Wouldn't be opposed to random one shots or whatever though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Personal feelings about his run aside, the guy was wrote almost over 150 ASM issues, he told the story he wanted to tell already.

If he were to ever return, it'd better to be years from now, when other writers have had their chance, him returning after a really long run like his' would be too soon if he came back after Beyond is done with.

Wouldn't be opposed to random one shots or whatever though.
    I think one-shots and/or mini-series would be better suited to his strenghts (and work ethic :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I think one-shots and/or mini-series would be better suited to his strenghts (and work ethic :P)
    Or stories that take place in the past.

What I noticed Slott can be pretty good at, at least with Spidey, is telling stories like that, Learning to Crawl and Spider-Man/Human Torch are examples of this, there are obvious retcons here and there, but they generally don't feel too invasive (Though we do get cases like Clash...).
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then