Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    He popularised the concept of a Spider-Verse which has resulted in a regular multiverse based Spider-events in the comics and two movies; one oscar winning and the other a historic record breaker. Superior Spider-Man was a huge hit and the concept has kept around and found its way into other media and Otto is seen more an anti hero than a straight up villain these days.
    He also brought back Spidey's science side, in exaggerated ways sure, but you can see the influence of it with the gadgets Spidey uses in PS4 Spidey.

Like Slott or not, he left a mark in ASM, just popularizing Spider-Verse alone is evidence of this, he's definitely not the first to use it, 90's cartoon and Shattered Dimensions both did it first (And SD is written by Slott), but the comic version somehow popularized the very concept of it, Spider-Gwen definitely helped with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

As an editor yes. Slott is a great plotter and has great ideas. He is just a really bad writer when it comes to executing these ideas. But I can see him being a really good not just editor but EIC of Marvel.

He popularised the concept of a Spider-Verse which has resulted in a regular multiverse based Spider-events in the comics and two movies; one oscar winning and the other a historic record breaker.
    To be fair, I did forget about Spider-Gwen and the movies. On the other hand, beyond the idea of "mulitiverse" and "multiple Spiders meeting up, they very much did their own thing (heck, the animated Spiderverse has way more in common with Bendis's Spider-Men than anything else).

Superior Spider-Man was a huge hit and the concept has kept around and found its way into other media and Otto is seen more an anti hero than a straight up villain these days.
    If you say so.

Either way, I do think the gist of the original point stands; if you didn't like Slott's writing and don't want him back, other writers will eventually come onboard and shift things to a direction that's more your speed.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Dan Slott is coming back to Spider-Man.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/comics/n...ate-multiverse

Incredible Member

I honestly enjoyed Slott’s run. I wouldn’t mind him returning.

Maybe he would have treated Ben better during Beyond than what we got….

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I honestly enjoyed Slott’s run. I wouldn’t mind him returning.

Maybe he would have treated Ben better during Beyond than what we got….
    The same Dan Slott who made Ben the Jackal and wrote the awful Clone Conspiracy arc?

Yeah, no.

Astonishing Member

No one thinks outside the box at Marvel. This is why comics have lost significant market share to the Japanese manga. Everything between Marvel and DC are segregated by Editorial departments that don't want to work together, which is sad. The problem with Spider-Man is that there are too many Spider-Characters who share the same radioactive spider that bit Peter Parker. The same supporting cast and rogues every time. No one wants to mix things up to create a suspenseful story.

Astonishing Member

Looks like Slott will get to receive another run on Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Looks like Slott will get to receive another run on Spider-Man.
    Didn't he say multiple times he won't do the scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    duplicate....
    Last edited by Mercwmouth12; 04-14-2023 at 08:03 AM.

Oh nevermind lol

Censorship Sucks

I originally liked Dan Slott.
    Then he blocked me on twitter through a block chain because he did not like people I followed.
    Then he exhausted the spider verse idea.

It is to bad he is obsessed with politics. I don't care about politics.
    I just wanted to be entertained with good Spider-man stories.

I think it is time for new blood in the Marvel office all around. New blood hopefully would equal new ideas.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Steven Caldwell;6439503]I originally liked Dan Slott.
    Then he blocked me on twitter through a block chain because he did not like people I followed.

I think it is time for new blood in the Marvel office all around. New blood hopefully would equal new ideas.[/QUOTE
    I agree with you 100%. I do not care about the politics of a Spider-Man writer. I only care about the comic book: I am certainly one who does not favor Dan Slott replacing Wells ( although I felt his run was better then Wells). IF Slott is the replacement for Wells there are several conclusions you can draw. 1: No one else wants the job. Think of the Chip Zdarsky comments about writing ASM 2: OMD is not going away in ASM 1000 ( as I predicted). 3: Both 1 and 2 are correct.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    I have heard through the grapevine that he said that he won't do ASM again because it was a "young man's game" or something to that effect. Hence why we now have the once-a-month Adjectiveless hitting the stands.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 04-14-2023 at 11:11 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

[QUOTE=NC_Yankee;6439872]
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    I originally liked Dan Slott.

I think it is time for new blood in the Marvel office all around. New blood hopefully would equal new ideas.[/QUOTE
    I agree with you 100%. I do not care about the politics of a Spider-Man writer. I only care about the comic book: I am certainly one who does not favor Dan Slott replacing Wells ( although I felt his run was better then Wells). IF Slott is the replacement for Wells there are several conclusions you can draw. 1: No one else wants the job. Think of the Chip Zdarsky comments about writing ASM 2: OMD is not going away in ASM 1000 ( as I predicted). 3: Both 1 and 2 are correct.
    Cates or the Gleason or the most likely next choices so we shouldn't worry