Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: The Legendary Star-Lord, #3

• The Badoon have captured the Star-Lord!
    • Sharing a jail cell with a Spartax criminal and a Badoon child aren't exactly Peter's idea of a good time...
    • Luckily, Peter's got an ace up his sleeve-an ace named Kitty Pryde!

Full article here.

This has been a fun book so far. I became a big time Star-Lord fan during Annhilation and it's great to see him get to shine in his own ongoing and Medina's art is simply beautiful as always.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

the books been solid...I hope they don't lay the firefly aspect on too thick though.

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    the books been solid...I hope they don't lay the firefly aspect on too thick though.
    Yeah, solid - not great by any means, but solid. It was a simple escape story - a lite read but with Quill trying to charm readers as best he could.

I mean, having another done-in-one is nice; as is suprise guest star with Kitty, happy ending and story seed with the Badoon kid, and A-List Thanos teasing us for next issue. Nothing to complain about but nothing really to wow us.

It was kind of surprising he left Carmody behind - yeah, gave what he got but surely he's better than him. That Rocket Raccoon holo-reminder was cheezy.

And what planet is Donna's Orphanage one? Without any IDbox, for a second there I was thinking JGS 'til turning the page to learn SL is in on his way to Earth. Already fretting the lack of clear chronology with the GotG title and that he will ignore any pact he has with Stark when in the area. Look forward to his reunion with Kitty though.
    Last edited by Bookem Danno; 09-06-2014 at 07:52 PM.

I like this book too. It's a fun read each month, but it's nothing great, as Bookem Danno said, just solid. The only thing I can find to complain about is the inclusion of Kitty Pryde. It just doesn't work for me. Kitty is one of my favourite characters and I just don't see her having a long distance relationship with Starlord, even though they aren't in a relationship, you know what I mean. It just seems off to me, can't explain it better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Yeah, solid - not great by any means, but solid. It was a simple escape story - a lite read but with Quill trying to charm readers as best he could.

I mean, having another done-in-one is nice; as is suprise guest star with Kitty, happy ending and story seed with the Badoon kid, and A-List Thanos teasing us for next issue. Nothing to complain about but nothing really to wow us.

It was kind of surprising he left Carmody behind - yeah, gave what he got but surely he's better than him. That Rocket Raccoon holo-reminder was cheezy.

And what planet is Donna's Orphanage one? Without any IDbox, for a second there I was thinking JGS 'til turning the page to learn SL is in on his way to Earth. Already fretting the lack of clear chronology with the GotG title and that he will ignore any pact he has with Stark when in the area. Look forward to his reunion with Kitty though.
    i love the legendary starlord and i really like the kitty pryde starlord thing but i agree they dont seem to be chronology but i think thats more gotg then starlord

BANNED

I gave the book three issues and wanted to like it but its just so mediocre paint by the numbers generic. Not worth $3.99. Not even worth it at $1.99. Maybe if it last long enough for a creative change I'll try again but I'm done.

I agree, so far LSL has not provided anything as satisfying as the one and done Moon Knight issues but still an entertaining read that is at least ATTEMPTING to lay out some ground work for more meaningful stories down the line (that's more than the main GotG book can say). Whether the ground work pays off remains to be seen but considering this road leads to Thanos and his "deal" with Quill at least it's something I'm interested in finding out about...unlike the Trial of Jean Grey Version 3.0, Spartax Snorefest, or Symbiote Planet Redux that Bendis wasted time with.

I'll hang in here for a little bit longer, maybe I'm just starved for a half decent Star Lord story that I'm willing to forgive this books flaws...Like Kitty Pryde, being shoe horned into this book. I mean really? Mantis was recently re-introduced to new readers over in Bendis' book and as a potential MOVIE sequel character she could use the exposure now. She would be a WAY cooler supporting character here, and actually makes MUCH more sense as a potential love interest given her and Pete's history, she was at his side from the start! She and Pete can have an almost Kirk/Uhura relationship in this book and with no other Guardians around regularly they could really develop them as an unrequited pairing if they chose to. Plus, Marvel's all about spotlighting MORE female characters these days. Kitty is already in 2 high profile titles, she gains nothing from also featuring in THIS book. Mantis however would gain a lot.

Considering GotG is the biggest thing to hit theaters this year I think it's now pretty safe to say that they don't need any X-Men or Avenger guest stars along to hold their hands in their own books. Let's keep things cosmic!
    Last edited by Superkreep; 09-11-2014 at 10:28 AM.

BANNED

It has to be Kitty though because he's named Peter. Kitty really loves Peters and will give it up for any Peter she meets. Especially if said Peter is age inappropriate for her. Peter Rasputin back when she was just 13 and he was 19. Peter Wisdom when she was 15 and he was 30 something. The same age thing kept it from working out with Peter Parker in Ultimate verse. It was a lack of Peter that kept it from working out with Bobby Drake but she was rebounded back to form by finding a much older Peter in Starlord to go after. Kitty just loves Peters.