Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Least Favorite X-Mini Series
    This year the worst mini series was a an easy pick for you guys, while number 2, 3 and runner-up were quite close to each other. difficult pick, as the winner and runner-up came quite close. Though I must admit I always like mini series, so let us hope the X-Office brings us quite a few upcoming year. Last year it was the Fallen Angels that fell down from grace. Luckily Kwannon did get her 'revanche' by coming back better in Hellions.

NUMBER 1
    X-Corp

With 57 points and 10 number one votes

Like Nightcrawler, we did not see fan favorites Archangel and Monet/Penance in a series right after HoX/PoX, but we we promised X-Corp and after waiting for a long long time it was finally released and it was, .... no good. The art was childish to say the least. Many on this board would have given us better art. Also the story was missing depth and good reason. Let us hope Monet and Warren will get better treatment in 2022.

NUMBER 2
    With 30 points and 4 number one voters

Trial of Magneto

I knew this mini would score bad. Mainly because you named it Trial of Magneto and he only played a supporting role. Then we had at one point 3 Scarlet Witches, why? And finally, the one who supposed to have killed Wanda, did not play a role at all, till the last issue. Nope, not good. Though it was fun to see Speed and Wiccan play a good part.

NUMBER 3
    With 27 points and 2 times votes one a number one spot

Children of the Atom

Most likely got this spot as it turned out to be moistly human kids wanting to be mutants. So it is very unlikely we will see most of them return, so why spend a whole mini, while we could have introduced that one mutant in one issue. And whatever happens to that one? We have not seen het anywhere since. So, maybe just a fun read, but not of any importance.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Let me know what you think about the results people.

Extraordinary Member

The Claremont oneshot was very strange. I've never seen anything from him that was so disjointed, off-the-rails, and impossible to follow. It was a true 'what the heck did I just read' moment, and not in a good way. It is a serious contender for the worst comic he has ever written, and it doesn't even seem like a Claremont product. If he wrote it like an 80s story it might have been outdated, but it would have been far, far better. New Mutants War Children proved he's still much better than whatever the heck this Dani story was.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 01-11-2022 at 07:28 AM.

I'll be curious at the end if anything got more first place votes than Hellions' 24 for Favorite Ongoing. I was not expecting Inferno to come in with 23, but there isn't as much competition in the mini-series category.

It's always funny when an entrant ends up on both ends of the dual awards. Congratulations Cable Reloaded and Trial of Magneto.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I'm very surprised that X-Men Green didn't place in least favorite mini, it was easily worse than ToM and CotA.

I suspect fewer people read it.

Last year it was the Fallen Angels that fell down from grace. Luckily Kwannon did get her 'revanche' by coming back better in Hellions.
    I hate these puns. They're are funny as hell and I hate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I hate these puns. They're are funny as hell and I hate them.
    Thank you for your positive feedback. I just do the best I can. Good to hear you appreciate my efforts.

All-New Member

Thanks for doing these!

While I do think the delays really killed any momentum X-Corp could have had, I still think COA would have flopped. With so many mutant kids we're all wishing would make a return soon, giving us human kids who just like mutants their whole miniseries was meh. It could have been a one shot.

Favorite X-Book Cover

Sometimes a picture says more than a thousand words is what they say. When it comes to art, many have different styles they like or dislike. What I might find great, you might dislike. I consider comic book covers as art. Some covers got lots of votes because the art was great, others because they captured an important moment in the books. As there were so many, there were lots of covers that received votes, but these are the ones who stood out the most. I must say there were so many to choose from, that like most years before, none received an awesome amount of votes. There were a few who have collected more than one fan voting for them and here is the 2022 top 3 of Favorite X-books covers;

NUMBER 1
    X-Men #2 by Pepe Larraz

With 32 points and 6 times votes as number 1

xmen202c.jpg

NUMBER 2
    Planet Size X-Men by Pepe Larraz

With 16 points and 3 times voted as number 1

large-75960609989400111.jpg

NUMBER 3
    Inferno #2 by Jerome Opena
    With 12 points and two number one votes

0224615967-full.jpg

Least Favorite Book Cover

Every artist has a closet full of bad art. Usually they will keep their bad art to themselves, because they are ashamed for it. However, some seem to publish that bad art anyway end no one stopped them. Though bad art is a great deal worse than no art at all, right? Unfortunately we came across some examples of art we rather saw kept in the 'covered up' (pun especially added for Rift) and these were picked by you as the worst ones of the year. Also here we had a very divided voting crowd, so not received enormous amounts of votes.

NUMBER 1
    X-Force #21 by Joshua Cassara

With 12 points and 3 number one votes

NO1.jpg

NUMBER 2
    New Mutants #15 by Rod Reis

With 8 points and two number one votes
    NIO2.jpg

NUMBER 3
    X-Force #19 by Joshua Cassara

With 7 points and 1 number one vote

NO3.jpg

Favorite X-Men Crossover/Event

Since a few years I have combined the the crossovers and events categories. Because both crossovers as events contain major stories than impacted the X-universe in a big way, or at least wanted to do so. This year we were treated by quite some big stories and also here, a clear winner.

NUMBER 1
    Inferno

With 83 points and 16 number one votes

Not a very big surprise, though the number 2 of this category did pretty well too. We love events with lots of different plot twists and besides the return of Irene Adler, we saw the exile of Moira X, aka Moira MacTaggert ans she got depowered as well. Then there were those revelations about how Cypher, Warlock and Krakoa were aware of all that was happening. And not to many characters that were sharing page space.

NUMBER 2
    Hellfire Gala

With 65 points and 9 number one votes

The number two is also an event where a lot of things happened. Though this one ws filled with plenty of characters. With special roles for the newly announced X-Men and making Mars so much more that a dead planet (or a chocolate bar). That combined with some romance, dancing, and a murder, made it all worth the read.

NUMBER 3
    Last Annihilation

With 26 points and 3 number one votes

With only SWORD and Cable taking part of this crossover, I think it must have pleased the X-fans how this big space event was handled. Again many things happened, many characters took important roles and Hulkin was of course the star of the show.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 01-12-2022 at 08:52 AM.

Least Favorite X-Men Crossover/ Event

It is funny that like last year, this year the events where the X-Men were in as co-stars, among other teams, were least popular. As Dark Ages is not done yet, most of you gave that one the benefit of the doubt. Let's see next year if they keep this up. In this Least favorites category the ones came close to one another.

NUMBER 1
    King in Black

With 33 points and 6 number 1 votes

You know that feeling? A crossover is announced and you are so thrilled that you put each issue and tie-inn on your pull list and then when it is over, you wonder why the heck you thought it actually might have been great? Well that happened here to me as well. Knull turned out to be a lame villain with a lamer motive to destroy the earth. He failed, the heroes won. That's it.

NUMBER 2
    Heroes Reborn

With 24 points and 2 number one votes

Personally I quite liked this one. But perhaps the lack of importance and the way the Squadron Supreme was lacking depth, might have been the reason to be one of the least liked crossovers of 2021.

NUMBER 3
    Trial of Magneto

With 20 points ans 3 number 1 votes

Yeah, well, if you expect a Magneto story and you get a triple Scarlet Witch event, then that of course is a major disappointment. The pretender is redeemed they say, but is she really redeemed by all X-Fans? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Unfortunately we came across some examples of art we rather saw kept in the 'covered up' (pun especially added for Rift
    I feel like I'm being pun-ished for reading the entirety of these posts. I love it. I love these jokes.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Least Favorite Book Cover

Every artist has a closet full of bad art. Usually they will keep their bad art to themselves, because they are ashamed for it. However, some seem to publish that bad art anyway end no one stopped them. Though bad art is a great deal worse than no art at all, right? Unfortunately we came across some examples of art we rather saw kept in the 'covered up' (pun especially added for Rift) and these were picked by you as the worst ones of the year. Also here we had a very divided voting crowd, so not received enormous amounts of votes.

NUMBER 1
    X-Force #21 by Joshua Cassara

With 12 points and 3 number one votes

NO1.jpg

NUMBER 2
    New Mutants #15 by Rod Reis

With 8 points and two number one votes
    NIO2.jpg

NUMBER 3
    X-Force #19 by Joshua Cassara

With 7 points and 1 number one vote

NO3.jpg
    I know art is subjective but i've loved all of Reis's covers and I'm baffled as to how 2 people vited New Mutants #15 the worst cover.