Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Shocking Moment of the Year

Those moments this year with most jaw-dropping plot twists that blew your mind, and made go yihaaaa, or made you sit and stare to the wall for hours or gave you nightmares, perhaps? I am just glad you all survived these shocking moment so that you could vote.

NUMBER 1
    Birth of Planet Arakko, Omega Mutants terraform Mars

With 48 points and 10 times voted as number one.

No one had seen this coming. Everybody was just expecting a Gala one shot with lots of glamour, dancing dining and costumes. No one expected the Omega Mutants of Krakoa and Arokko to terraform Mars and make it into their new home planet.

NUMBER 2
    Return of Destiny

With 38 points and 7 number 1 spots

No one was expecting Irene Adler to return so fast. We all thought Inferno would be about Mystique losing it as she did not get what was promised. Instead Destiny retuned at the very beginning and crated havoc, resulting of Moira being depowered and deported out of Krakoa. Welcome back Irene.

NUMBER 3
    Cypher/ Warlock/ Krakoa knows all

With 25 points and 3 number one votes

Another big surprise the Inferno mini gave his was the revaluation that Cypher, Warlock and Krakoa decided to work together and keep an eye on all that happens on the islands. They knew all about the secrets of Moira X and the plans she. Charles and Erik had. Stepping in at just the right moment to protect Krakoa.

Runner up: Agent Brand's betrayal, working for Orchis
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Funniest Moment of the Year

After shocking and bizarre moments there were also those moment which made us wet our pants. Whether the creative teams were trying intentionally to be funny or not, there were those hilarious moments this year, they deserved to be highlighted. Even tough humor is like art, some like one joke, another does not. I was LMAO when Avalanche said his name was Rictor when he screwed up and Tempo fast forwarding Boom Boom talking. But you decided different and laughed most about. No need to add comments on these results, as the results speak for themselves and there is nothing to say more.

NUMBER 1
    Drunk Nanny attacks Mr. Sinister at the Hellfire Gala

With 57 points and 11 times voted as number 1

NUMBER 2
    Hellions crash the Hellfire Gala

With 27 points and 4 number 1 votes

NUMBER 3
    Cypher mocking Xavier in Inferno

With 19 points and having 3 number 1 voters

Quote of the Year

This category never one quote gets an awful lot of points, not because they were not funny, nope, just because each year there are so many quotes noticeable. Sometimes because they are funny, like the many bitchy remarks of Emma Frost, or they are heartbreaking, a clear statement, or shocking and scary. Like last years remark by Mystique saying "I want my wife back" - and yes , she got her wish. So which quotes stood out most of all, well we have a shared number one spot this year!

NUMBERS 1
    Each with 27 points and 4 number one nominations
    "Oh don't worry, Douglass, my boy, everything will work out fine. Just like the time you died while I was in space having sex with a bird lady." - Cypher

and

"Judgement day, mother ......." Nanny to Mr. Sinister

NUMBER 2
    With 25 points and 5 number one voters
    "Victor you know my name. You have heard it whispered. It is Wind Rider. It is she who swam with Acanti. It is Hardi Yao. I am Storm Regent of Mars and I am the Voice of Sol." - Storm

NUMBER 3
    With 15 points and 3 number one votes
    "If anyone asks, my name is Rictor!" Avalanche after screwing up in Guardians of the Galaxy

Best Romance/Kiss of the Year

What lip-locks caught our attention this year? Last year there was a serious l was a lack of Gay-romance in the X-books, gladly they made up for that this year. This year there was a lot of romance in the air, like everywhere. Last year Scott and Jean took the price.

NUMBER 1
    Kwannon & Greycrow

With 65 points and9 number 1 votes

Who would have thought Hellions would bring us romance in between al the hilarious moments and bloody fights? Greycrow and Kwannon got closer and closer and had a wonderful romantic moment at the very end of our favorite comic of the year. Let us hope John will come on board the Marauder every now and then in 2022.

NUMBER 2
    Mystique & Destiny
    With 27 points and 5 number one votes

If there was one woman being devoted to the love of her life, Mystique it was this year. She did everything in her power to get her wife back and she did. This is unique as this is the first time a lesbian couple ended in the top 3.

NUMBER 3
    Northstar & Kyle

With 19 points and 2 number one spots

Northstar and Kyle got married a few years back and were back in X-Factor and ToM. If Gambit & Rogue were given the title Mr. & Mrs, X, then these two deserve the title Mr. & Mr. X.

Wow, hurray for diversity in this top 3. We have a straight couple, a lesbian couple and a gay couple. Then we have as well a native American, an Asian, an Afro American and a Canadian originated persons as well. PROUD of you people!

Extraordinary Member

I remember a ton of people predicting Planet Sized X-Men would be about the terraforming of Mars, to the point that when it finally happened it had been so widely discussed and predicted that it was underwhelming. At least with Destiny, while everyone knew she would return, the fact that she was back at the end of issue 1 was a twist no one saw coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Funniest Moment of the Year

After shocking and bizarre moments there were also those moment which made us wet our pants. Whether the creative teams were trying intentionally to be funny or not, there were those hilarious moments this year, they deserved to be highlighted. Even tough humor is like art, some like one joke, another does not. I was LMAO when Avalanche said his name was Rictor when he screwed up and Tempo fast forwarding Boom Boom talking. But you decided different and laughed most about. No need to add comments on these results, as the results speak for themselves and there is nothing to say more.

NUMBER 1
    Drunk Nanny attacks Mr. Sinister at the Hellfire Gala

With 57 points and 11 times voted as number 1

NUMBER 2
    Hellions crash the Hellfire Gala

With 27 points and 4 number 1 votes
    I'm glad Funniest Moment resulted in the same issue getting the top two spots, along with Nanny tying for Quote of the Year. The Hellfire Gala was uneven for me on the whole, but Hellions was the highlight, as it had been all year.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Best Romance/Kiss of the Year

What lip-locks caught our attention this year? Last year there was a serious l was a lack of Gay-romance in the X-books, gladly they made up for that this year. This year there was a lot of romance in the air, like everywhere. Last year Scott and Jean took the price.

NUMBER 1
    Kwannon & Greycrow

With 65 points and9 number 1 votes

Who would have thought Hellions would bring us romance in between al the hilarious moments and bloody fights? Greycrow and Kwannon got closer and closer and had a wonderful romantic moment at the very end of our favorite comic of the year. Let us hope John will come on board the Marauder every now and then in 2022.

NUMBER 2
    Mystique & Destiny
    With 27 points and 5 number one votes

If there was one woman being devoted to the love of her life, Mystique it was this year. She did everything in her power to get her wife back and she did. This is unique as this is the first time a lesbian couple ended in the top 3.

NUMBER 3
    Northstar & Kyle

With 19 points and 2 number one spots

Northstar and Kyle got married a few years back and were back in X-Factor and ToM. If Gambit & Rogue were given the title Mr. & Mrs, X, then these two deserve the title Mr. & Mr. X.

Wow, hurray for diversity in this top 3. We have a straight couple, a lesbian couple and a gay couple. Then we have as well a native American, an Asian, an Afro American and a Canadian originated persons as well. PROUD of you people!
    I am LIVING for this omg y'all.

Kwannon/Greycrow 2022 Power Couple.

Best Single Battle/Fight of the Year

Which fight was it this year that takes home the awards? Was there one as awesome as last years winner, the fight of Gorgon vs. White Sword? Was it a one on one fight who won this year, or was it a groups of X-Men versus an old villains? Was it the Children of the Atom versus the Hell's Belles, uh, nope, sorry, we had better fights.

NUMBER 1
    Storm vs. Tarn

With 31 points and 5 number one votes.

In a 1 to 1 duel Tarn had little trouble to win the fight against Ororo, disabling her powers and mutating her grotesquely. Seemingly defeated, Storm managed to get close enough to pierce Tarn's chest with a dagger, threatening to kill him if he did not surrender. Tarn yielded and restored Storm's abilities and appearance, admitting that she was "of Arakko". The Goddess won.

NUMBER 2
    Callisto vs. Storm

With 17 points and 2 number one votes.

Callisto felt incomplete without her powers and she knows that she could undergo the Crucible and die if worthy, to be resurrected completely again. She asked her friend to kill her,. Storm doubted but agreed to help Callisto. The fight, mercifully, doesn’t last long. Storm delivers a powerful charge of electricity straight into Callisto's heart, killing her instantly. Not much later Callisto freshly emerged from a resurrection egg fully restored.

NUMBER 3
    Hellions vs. Locus Vile

With 16 points and 3 times votes as number one.

Tarn knew Sinister stole some of his DNA and wanted pay back and even though the Great Ring decided not to do so, he went for it and tried to kill all Hellions. Some of the Locus Vile start consuming his team mates and Empath makes Havok go bezerk. In the end they won, but the costs were high.

Low Point of the Year

We all saw some groan-worthy moments in 2021, that made us embarrassed to be seen reading it by your friends and made you some even deleting a title from their pull-list. In 2020 the ultimate low point was Mr. & Mrs. X demoted from X-couple of the year to cameo king and queen. This year we had to suffer with the ending of favorite series and out of character behaviors, but the ultimate low point was another departure.

NUMBER 1
    Jonathan Hickman leaving

With 59 points and 11 number one votes

Yeah, this was a major setback. Jonathan revived the X-verse with HoX/PoX, followed by Dawn of X and the current Realm of X. The X-corner of Marvel was not doing all that well and then came Hickman. He turned it all around and we started loving much of what he has done. We will now not get a Imperial Guard series, but some of his other plans will be used by others. Thank you Jonathan!

NUMBER 2
    Hellions Ended

With 44 points and 6 number one votes

Hellions gave us so much joy and laughter, but also enough of drama and fighting. A team book consisting of unreliable characters, hold together by Kwannon. Sadly Destiny of X does not have a follow-up series announced for Hellions or something like it. The memebrs are now devided, Kwannon of to the Marauders, Sinister to Immortal X-Men, Nanny and Orphan Maker are in the pit, so who knows, they might show up in the Sabretooth mini. No word yet on where Havok, Graycrow, Empath and Wildchild will be seen next.

NUMBER 3
    Leah Williams got screwed over with X-Factor's ending/ way it ended

With 28 points and 3 number one votes

X-Factor was canceled because Leah's pitch for the Magneto/Wanda story for X-Factor, now called Trial Of Magneto, became such a popular pitch at Marvel but they thought the reader numbers for X-Factor wasn't big enough for this story, so they wanted it as a separate comic and came up with ToM, forcing an early end on X-Factor. Williams says she only learned about the cancellation of X-Factor when she was writing #9, so as she had to finish the series quickly, squeezing six issues worth of story into those last two issues, calling it "cramped and rushed".

I'm of the mind that there are rarely bad artists in the industry. I think it's more a matter of their art style fitting the tone of the book, and that ultimately should be the responsibility of the editor. For instance, I can see why people voted for David Baldeon as one of the least favorite. I think he's actually a good artist, but I thought his style was completely wrong for X-Factor. His characters have a soft, cartoonish look that often reminds me of something from a Disney movie. X-Factor was about a book investigating mysterious deaths that I think would have been served better with an artist who had a more realistic or grittier style. I think Baldeon's style fits a more lighthearted book like Runaways, Spider-Man, or Ms. Marvel.
    Last edited by nightw1ng; 01-21-2022 at 04:18 AM.

Highlight of the Year

This is the cherry on the X-Books Awards cake: The moments we all loved. These were some of the moments that made us proud X-Men fans. This were the moments we were waiting for all those years. Last year we were happy about so many mutants coming back to the land of the living, this year mostly about a vote, about a ruler, about a planet and about a group of misfits.

NUMBER 1
    Arakko moving to Mars/ Birth of Planet Arakko

With 54 points and was votes on number one by 12 people

Launching a whole new chapter of X-Men history. We were already blessed with the creation of a Living Utopia, Krakoa and now we were giving a whole new planet for the merry mutants to live. Created by the strongest mutants we have. Officially this planet will be for the Arokko mutants mostly but surely some Krakoans will join as well. We will see what the planet formally known as Mars has in store for us in the upcoming X-Men Red series.

NUMBER 2
    Hellions. making us care about people like Greycrow, Nanny, and Orphan Maker

With 32 points and 5 number one votes

Some might say they already one the best ongoing, so why a sperate nomination in highlights? Well because they were voted in and the team itself was great. Who would have thought to have one of Japan's top assassins, leading a team with a mutant mass murderer, an evil damaged teenaged manipulator, a woman in a egg cyborg with her sidekick, a emotional and intellectual level of a small child, a wild child and a guy with a brother complex all in one team, who are then do superhero stuff? It worked well, really well.

NUMBER 3
    Storm, becoming ruler of New Arakko

and

We got to vote for member of X-Men team for the very 1st time ever

Both receiving 22 points gaining a shared number 3 spot

Who would have been able to predict Storm would not be ruling an African county or tribe, nit a team, but a whole planet? And how about that amazing look she received to come along with it? Then also never done before we we able to vote for the first time an additional member on the X-Men. And yes, we should have voted Cannonball or Sunspot on it instead, but guess Polaris will do as well. Another round of voting for probably another additional member has just been closed. Can't wait when we will hear Surge is voted on it.

Thanks for all the hard work yet again with these awards, Master of Sound! Here's to another year of [hopefully] great X-Books for us to vote on in December!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

This has been a lot of fun. Thanks for doing this, man.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Let's leave our as a sticky for another week please do so all can see the results.

It was again a great pleasure to this with you peeps. Thanks to those who voted. Thanks to those with the kings words.

Hopefully 2022 will again be an awesome year for us all.

Thank you Master of Sound!!! It was a very interesting year .