Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Not shocked to see Khorra win!

She's has a cool design and has stolen most scenes she's been in since her first reveal - even if Ewing hasn't given the character any real depth yet.

A bit suprised about Lost making the list. She has potential I guess.

But she had no real agency throughout Way of X and the whole subplot with her and Cortez seemed poorly thoughout.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Guest Star performance of the Year

The X-Men do have friends and enemies in the MU outside of the X-books, who will turn up to help in a fight or fight against them, date them, drink with them or (as often happened) come by to criticize them. This year the X-Men did have a lot of guest appearances, as many were invited to the Hellfire Gala. But there were plenty visitors besides the ones appearing on that special gala.

NUMBER 1
    SPEED

With 44 points and 9 number one votes

Speed appeared in X-Factor as well as in ToM. When he appeared in the X-Facor issues, it was hilarious and sweet, like interrogating Northstar or calling Prodigy 94 times within seconds. But also sweet as he and Prodogy turned out to be a very cute couple. Sad enough it was his other appearance in ToM, where sadness was involved, as he found his dead mother and then had to deal with her weird return. Hope Speed comes to visit again soon.

NUMBER 2
    DOCTOR DOOM

With 39 points and 6 number one votes

Doom has always been appearing more in Fantastic Four or Avengers books, but this year he came t visit the gala and came to have dinner with queen, regent Storm. You never know what he has up his sleeves do you? But is would be quite nice to see him as the big bad in an X-event. Keeping my fingers crossed.

NUMBER 3
    SCARLET WITCH

With 32 points and 4 number one votes

Though her brother has been a member of various X-teams in the past, Wanda has never been. The only thing she did was wipe the powers of millions of mutants, so it is not very likely the X-Men would welcome her on one of their teams. But we did like here appearance in ToM, which earned her the 3rd place.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Death of the Year

Unfortunately every year brings us farewell as well. This year I think we saw many X-Men die, but the good news is, they can be resurrected. That does take away the shock value though. But, there were some dramatic ones and these are the ones that made us tear up, or jump for joy as we wanted them to die, whahaha. (evil laugh)

NUMBER 1
    SCARLET WITCH

With 30 points and 5 number one votes

Now this is a death I liked happening. But then we got 3 Wanda's in return, lmao. Wanda was murdered and it took us 5 issues to get to the very unexpected murderer. Good news for the fans, she is back and head starring another mini series. This was the death that got the most attention and ended up as number one.

NUMBER 2
    SCOUT

With 27 points and 5 number 1 votes

Scout did not trust Amahl Farouk, was he still possessed by the Shadow King and luring her team mates in a trap? Her little Sherlock Holmes investigation adventure did cost her life. Luckily they managed to convince The Five to resurrect Gabby even though she is a clone. Now No-Gorl can stop possessing her corpse.

NUMBER 3
    HENRY GYRICH

With 26 points and 5 number one votes

He wanted to betray SWORD and using Wiz Kid as his pawn. Well that backfired, did it not? Unexpectedly Abilgail Brand turned on him and left him floating in space. A long overdue and needed of the human government liaison which never has the wellbeing of mutants at heart. He will surely not be missed by any of us.

Runner up: All Hellions murdered by Mastermind

Most Missed Character

Oddly, we give out an award to the 'most missed character', who gets an award for not showing up in an X-book during the calendar year, even though we wish they did. There is some good news, the most missed character of last year (Sunfire|) did make a return and actually is a member of the core X-Men team. This year the tp 3 is consisting only New X-Men kids. Hopefully all of them will star in an upcoming title this year. Actually, did you know you can do something about that? One of this top 3 can be voted on the X-Men now. So make sure she is not in this top 3 next year and vote for her!

NUMBER 1
    HELLION

With 37 points and 6 number one votes

Julian was the star of the Hellions squad, the bad boy of the class, the hothead with the kind heart. Former lover of Laura who did not have any part in any X-story for the past years. Now is a good time to bring mister Keller back to us, let him shine Marvel, let him shine.

NUMBER 2
    SURGE

With 26 points and 4 number one votes.

Just like Hellion, we have not seen Surge in any story this year, only had one or two panels she appeared on this yea. Way way to little for our favorite Japanese kid on the block. Noriko Ashida has cool looks, cool character and a cool look. So there is no excuse to leave her in the dark. Bring her back,. Vote for her on the X-Men people. She deserves it!

NUMBER 3
    ROCKSLIDE

With 22 points and 4 number one votes.

Here we though death could not hurt us anymore as all can be resurrected. Unfortunately that did not apply for Santo, or at least not completely. There was some kind of version brought back, but we did not see it anymore in 2021. But let us be honest, we want the real Rockslide back, so he and Anole can become the masked crime fighters X-Dudes again.

Runner up: INDRA

Most Bizarre Moment of the Year
    AKA: The Rouge Mort Trophy

There are those moments from 2021 that left you as a reader, shaking your head, and reading it something again, and again, to believe it actually happened. Sometimes it caused a popping sound to occur in your cerebral cortex, they were so weird, you just cannot believe it. This year we had Prodigy growing corpses and No-Girl possessing a corpse, but those were not even the most bizarre ones, nope, these were more than that.

NUMBER 1
    Murderous Curse and Nature Girl

With 36 points and 7 number one votes

The X-Men Unlimited series Green X-Men was not received with any applause this year. Lin and Curse murdering humans who do pollute planet Earth. As many mutants have their view towards the Moon lately, Nature Girl had the feeling she was the one needed to protect the nature planet Earth. But she and little pink creepy girl became a murderers. Out of character for Lin and way to cruel for both.

NUMBER 2
    Wolverine, the adamantium surfer

With 25 points and 3 number one votes

Reading this I and many with me only had one word on each page of this story in mind, being "why?" Why have an adamantium surfboard splitting a shark in two? Lame lame and ehhh lame. This will not do well for the popularity of the X-Force series. Make it better please.

NUMBER 3
    Young X-Men dying for fun.

With 22 points and 5 number one votes

Yeah, this one was a weird one indeed. The younger kids all love being killed for the sake of being resurrected. Really? So Pixie shoots herself in the head, just to experience the process? These kids had so little focus, that they went nuts of panel.

Runner up: Doc Nemesis has Krokoa scalp now.

Hell yeah. My boy, my girl and my guy all won. Take notes, Marvel. (Also RIP Surge in the polls.)

I don't even read X-Force and I knew about the surfboard. I don't know the full context or why it's so bad, but it must be pretty wild if it's so reviled.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I like the Otherworld concept. I just do not like the ancient UK stuff.
    Now that's a real dichotomy! Do you know what Otherworld is?

Amazing Member

Love these outcomes

I didnt even know Nature Girl and Curse were villians now. Totally missed that

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Read X-Men Unlimited for that.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Gyrich should have won the death easily, but the fact it happened in the last issue of the year meant probably not enough people caught it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Better yet, don't. Do a favor to yourself.

BANNED

The issue number would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Issues 6-12.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

I think its also fun reading the threads about each issue from here. Those were hilarious.
    Last edited by Paragon; 01-19-2022 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    It’s an infinity comic on the Marvel unlimited app.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.