Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thanks so much for doing all this work, Master of Sound!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Thanks so much for doing all this work, Master of Sound!
    My pleasure Starfish.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Least favorite categories should be abolished from the voting in the future. It breeds callousness.
    Disgree, Is not like we are harassing the writers on Twitter. We as a fandom deserve to discuss waht we didn't like.

Favorite X-Artist

Anyone who creates art has the right to call themselves an artist. Though great artists turn their energy into creating something beautiful. They use that energy to fuel their creativity and make work that resonates with others. Anyone can be an artist, but you can recognize a great artist by how their work makes others feel. Now we have had some awesome art presented to us this year. Think of the wonderful art created in Planet of X showing how Mars was changed to Planet Arakko or the awesome space views from SWORD. The scenes became so much stronger because they had a great artist. What to say about each one separate, all of they were widely loved

NUMBER 1
    Pepe Larraz (X-Men, new volume)

With 95 points and 18 number one votes

Like last year, Pepe won again!

NUMBER 2
    Valerio Schiti (SWORD, Inferno)

With 52 points and 2 numbr one votes

NUMBER 3
    Rod Reis (New Mutants)

With 31 pints and 3 number one votes

Runner up was Marcus To (Excalibur)
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 01-15-2022 at 05:07 AM.

Least Favorite X-Artist

Just because you are an artist, doesn't mean you are a good artist. Anyone can make art, but not everyone can make you feel something positive when viewing their art and these artists did not make us happy this year. We want to relate to characters and their stories, but some artist make it very hard for us to do so. Sorry to say, but these were the artists we did not have much love for in 2021. We got rid of last years winner though, which was Szymon Kudranski (Fallen Angels) and this years winner is done for the X-office as well. So that good news, right?

NUMBER 1
    Alberto Foche (X-Corp)

With 40 points and 6 number one votes

NUMBER 2
    David Baldeón (X-Factor)

With 17 points and 1 number one vote

NUMBER 3
    Brett Booth (X-Men, XM Legends)
    Phil Noto (Cable and some Maurauders)

With 17 points for each of them

There were a lot of good artists this year. I feel like the top three could have been any of five or six people in any order and I wouldn't disagree.

I realize art is subjective, but I never got the Baldeon dislike. Was it that his art style wasn't a fit for the tone of X-Factor?

Also, I would like to echo the thanks for doing this, Master of Sound.

Baldeon was actually one of my favorite arists lol
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Baldeon was actually one of my favorite arists lol
    Ditto - I thought the body language he used on the characters enhanced the scripts. And he did some fantastic work in how he depicted Eyeboy and Rachel's powers via the page and panel layouts.

How is it possible that Noto and Baldeon could show up on a “least favourite artists” list?? Did I wake up in a parallel universe? I don’t know what anything is anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    How is it possible that Noto and Baldeon could show up on a “least favourite artists” list?? Did I wake up in a parallel universe? I don’t know what anything is anymore.
    Shall I tell who to blame, so can confront these voters? (evil smile)

Favorite Hero/Heroine of the year

We have a lot of favorites polls on this board, almost each week someone will post one and we know what characters are love. But every year some stand out a bit more than others. Some got some great focus, made an awesome development or were brought back to us in an awesome way. There are still those who will vote for their all time favorites, even if they did not, or did barely appear. That is why next year this category will change into 'Hero with the most outstanding performances' But that is then, this is now, so back to this election , who was the best character of 2021? Was it the leaders of the quiet counsil, one of the characters who created Planet Arokko, or one of The Five? See now who were the ones that became as our favorites this year.

NUMBER 1
    STORM

With 41 points and 6 number one votes

The ruler of Arokko, Queen of Sol, Windrider, Godess, whatever you want to call her these days, Ororo had a fantastic year and probably the one X-Man with the biggest developments. You can say it was Storm's year for sure and 2022 looks promising for her as well, as she takes the leading role in X-Men Red.

NUMBER 2
    KWANNON

With 37 points and 5 number one votes

Another X-woman who received a lot of focus, the new Psylocke, or how we rather call her Kwannon. She had the leading part of the most favorite ongoing series of the last two years and she was one of the stars of the Hellions. Now promoted to one of the captains of Krakoa, not shy to speak her mind and moving to a another ongoing in 2022, we have not seen the last of her.

NUMBER 3
    EMMA FROST

With 26 points and 4 number one votes

Emma Frost, the beautiful and sexy diva of the X-Men, who will always make a birtchy remark if she gets the change was given the chance to organize the event of the year and did she not look stunning in all these gala costumes? Now handing over her duties to the Cuckoos and Lourdes, she will have more time to focus on her role within the quiet Counsel and will without a doubt be one of the stars on the upcoming Immortal X-Men series.

Runners up were Cypher and Cyclops.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 01-15-2022 at 05:34 AM.

Least Favorite Hero/Heroine of the year

You have heroes who were once favorites, but were written in such a way that we lost the love for them and others, we just never cared for at all. Many years Glob Herman ended up in this top 3 and now he did get a well needed break from the x-books. Who else could do with such a break according to you? Well the winner was the least favorite last year as well, so I guess he needs to go on a long vacation as well.

NUMBER 1
    BEAST

With 75 points and 15 times voted as number 1

Like the year before Hank has won again as the least favorite hero. The was he is always in the gray areas is not really an issue, but the way he hurts and betrays his friends in the process and still considers himself a hero, makes us dislike him.

NUMBER 2
    KID OMEGA

With 36 points and 8 number one votes

Thanks to Glob not getting any focus this year, Quintin was gained a spot and last years number 3 is now on spot number 2. I actually like his current development and his romance with Phoebe. But I think Kid Omega just became one of the kids on the X-Men people on this board once decided to hate and it might take a lot for those to change their minds.

NUMBER 3
    CAPTAIN BRITTAIN (BETSY)

With 26 points and twice voted as number one

It might not come as a surprise if you kept an eye on this forum. Betsy had downgraded in the eyes of the fans. We just do not like a character being the main focus of a team book while the rest of the cast only play a minor role, with the sole purpose of letting their favorite pet shine. We have some awesome characters on Excalibur, but it was all about Betsy. Let us hope Knights of X takes some of that focus to the other stars of the book.

Runner up was Wolverine

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I like both Noto and Baldeon, but all of Baldeon's characters have the same face with the same side eyes expressions. And Noto art can feel lifeless sometimes, his action scenes are not very dynamic.

I am surprised that Cassara wasn't among them with all the hate his art gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Least Favorite Hero/Heroine of the year

NUMBER 3
    CAPTAIN BRITTAIN (BETSY)

With 26 points and twice voted as number one

It might not come as a surprise if you kept an eye on this forum. Betsy had downgraded in the eyes of the fans. We just do not like a character being the main focus of a team book while the rest of the cast only play a minor role, with the sole purpose of letting their favorite pet shine. We have some awesome characters on Excalibur, but it was all about Betsy. Let us hope Knights of X takes some of that focus to the other stars of the book.
    I haven't read the book myself but from I have picked up the real problem is that even fans of Betsy don't find the book enjoyable. But the writer was also voted as the least favorite writer so it's not surprising.

I can agree with the rest. Beast is the most unlikable character I have read in a long time. Even despicable people like Sinister are at least charming in their own twisted way. Beast has no redeeming qualities.
    If I voted and someone also did Kwannon might have even taken first place. She is an interesting case because obviously there is the whole thing with Betsy but it shows that people can take interest in a character that is stoic and serious and doesn't make MCU style quips at every chance but still can open up here and there when the situation is right. I will always appreciate that. It's quite obvious that not every writer can actually write such a character. Every X-23 fan has experience with that.
    Last edited by Galerion; 01-15-2022 at 08:23 AM.

The artist vote scores just how good the artists have been in recent years of X-Books.

Foche's X-Corp work is the only thing that stands out as noticeably bad and I personally dislike Booth's 90's throwback style, but don't think it's inherently awful.

Baldeon's panel layout and artist choices are often really fun and interesting, but it's very cartoony and easy enough to see why it's not to everyone's taste.

Noto likewise does gorgeous talking head scenes, but doesn't draw comic book action that dynamicly.