Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    I know art is subjective but i've loved all of Reis's covers and I'm baffled as to how 2 people vited New Mutants #15 the worst cover.
    I kind of like that X-Force 19 cover as well. The use of white space and and the nightmare images coming from Jean's ever-expanding hair are striking to me.

Damn how'd that Rod Reis cover get up there for worst cover? X-Force should have owned all slots

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Favorite X-Men Storyline from a Single Title

There were some big or funny stories this year, that no one was expecting. Marvel continued their X-Men game in 2021 under leadership of Hickman and brought us some fine stories. Let us hope with all the new upcoming titles of 2022, they will be able to keep up this level of story telling, even though we have to do without Hickman's leadership now.

NUMBER1
    Escape from the Vault - X-Men

With 40 points and 7 number one votes

Hickman was a polular writer and he made us wait for a long time to tell us what happened in the Fault with Wolverine, Synch and Darwin. It was a nice self contained story and gave us a love afair and some deeper insights on how the Children evolved. Looking at the teasers, we are not yet done with the CotV as well and we still want to know what happened to Darwin, right? Hope anlother writers follows up and keeps the goodness of this story at heart.

NUMBER 2
    They came to Slay
    (Arakko moves to Mars, Planet Size)
    With 34 points and 5 number one votes
    With the Hellfre Gala happenings so widely appreciated, it must come to no surprise that the masterpiece of 2022 ended so high on the most liked story. We now have planet Arokko and men what an awesome way to create live on a dead planet. Thank you Magneto, Lactuca, Hope, Iceman, Vulcan, Sobunar, Monarch, Xilo, Storm and others for making this story admire you all even more than ever before. Oh and their deeds will be appreciated more on that is some other categories.

NUMBER 3
    Funny Games
    (with Arcade) - Hellions
    With 21 point and 3 number one voters.
    It should come as no surprise that the favorite ongoing would also deliver at least one favorite story and you have chosen it to be the Arcade story, Confirmed? Confirmed! Sad to see the title being cancelled, but there are currently rumors on the web. Iceman still needs a title, the X-office contracted a new writer and we some other hints on Twitter, so who knows...
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Least Favorite X-Men Storyline from a Single Title

The X-Men have very powerful members, who can do amazing things. However it does take good stories to show just how powerful and awesome these characters are. Unfortunately there are stories written that do not give us what we need. The worst one was from a series that will continue in 2022. Let us keep our fingers crossed that they will improve.

NUMBER 1
    Terrors of the Deep - X-Force

With 17 points and 2 number one votes

We had the stars of X-Force joining forces wuth Namor in deep sea fighting. the snark and black humor with the little gross artwork of Cassara did not go well, or was it Beast and Cecilia Reyes performing an autopsy which was more gross?

NUMBER 2
    Green X-Men (unlimited)

With 16 points and 3 number one votes

Nature Girl and Curse going on a killing spree, because Nature Girl choose to approach keeping the planet green in a aggressive way. Curse? Well she is just cruel, which I personally liked a lot, but I am evil. Even the guest appearances of Black Mamba and Sauron could not repair the damage done to the characterization of Lin.

NUMBER 3
    Simply Superior - X-Corp

With 14 points and 3 number one votes

We been waiting such a long time for this title, as mentioned before. But trusting Selene and Mastermind to be a Board member of X-Corp, really? Then they added Fenris and another angry human as villains? Nah, good thing it only lasted a few issues.

That's about what I expected from both awards.

There are rumors about Hellions continuing in some form? I somehow missed any of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    That's about what I expected from both awards.

There are rumors about Hellions continuing in some form? I somehow missed any of those.
    Saw something on Twitter someone speculated Alyssa Wong might do a follow up on the Hellions, or something similar.

Really enjoy these and the commentary. Thanks Master of Sound can only imagine the amount of work that goes into something like this.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Favorite X-Writer

Good writing makes the reader feel richer when reading, the writer should be giving you the same feeling as you would feel after a great dinner prepared bty a great chef or after having some awesome....eh you fill that one in for yourselves. ;-) Serious though, good writing makes us readers want to read more of it. A good writer part make us anxious and impatient for the next issue to come out. And don't we all love a great cliffhanger any time?! Some of the writers really understood their job and brought us unexpected developments, great character developments and made our heart tick faster or melt. These are the writers we want to keep at the X-office! Last years winner (Hickman) still did well this year, though one other person took his number one spot.

NUMBER 1
    Zeb Wells
    With 105 points and 18 number one votes

Not surprisingly that the writer of the most favorite x-book of the year, also become the most favorite writer. Zeb gave us the Hellions and man, we loved it. It is sad to see the title go and I did not keep up with all the news for what happens after XloW and XdoW, bt he might actually leave the franchise. Hope not though. What a lot of points did the dude get!

NUMBER 2
    Jonathan Hickman

With 77 points and 14 number one votes

Not a bad score for a number 2. I would like to call him Mister X-Men for the last few years. It is heartbreaking that he has departed. This year he gave us the Hellfire Gala, Planet Arokko, the core X-Men toitle and Inferno. Before he gave life back to the X-verse. We will miss you Jonathan!

NUMBER 3
    Al Ewing

With 62 points and 5 number one votes

Also not a bad score as well and luckily this dude will stay a bit longer with the X-writers team. He brought us the amazing ongoing of S.W.O.R.D. and gave a new style to cosmic X-Men stories. Good to know he will be writing X-Men Red and I dare to predict he might become number 1 of 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Really enjoy these and the commentary. Thanks Master of Sound can only imagine the amount of work that goes into something like this.
    A lot of work and time indeed, but also with a lot of love. So it's nice to do. Thank you.

Least Favorite X-Writer
    Sometimes you read a X-Men story and wonder if the writer really loves their job and seriously doubt if they feel any connection to the X-Universe. Because some write stories so badly, that we would be better off if these stories were never written. We also learned that using a title that was successful in the past does not guarantee success today. Fun fact is that we have the same number one as last year and this person still will write another series (though that nostalgic title changed into something new).

NUMBER 1
    Tini Howard

With 89 points and 17 number one votes

That is quite the amount of points Tini scores. Guess writing an ongoing that scored bad as Excalibur and a mini like X-Corp that also scored very bad, then it should be no surprise the writer of it did not have a large fanbase this year on this board. Let us keep our hopes up for Knights of X, perhaps that will become a masterpiece.

NUMBER 2
    Benjamin Percy

With 73 points and 10 number one votes

I think Benjamin largely received these scores due to his work on X-Force and less then for Wolverine. Ig you write a book that does not have much character development, besides making Colossus girlfriend killer and giving us tree people and Russian dolls to have a villains, then you can expect this to happen.

NUMBER 3
    Gerry Duggan and Vita Ayala

Both receiving 23 points

I was expecting Vita to end up here, due to the negative comments on Children of the Atom and New Mutants on this forum, but Gerry came a bit as a surprise as I thought Marauders was a vert likable series so far. Or was it the Cable series that people hated? I do not know, but they do share this 3rd position.

The power gap between second and third place lmao
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Let us keep our hopes up for Knights of X, perhaps that will become a masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Least Favorite X-Writer
    NUMBER 1
    Tini Howard
    With 89 points and 17 number one votes
    That is quite the amount of points Tini scores. Guess writing an ongoing that scored bad as Excalibur and a mini like X-Corp that also scored very bad, then it should be no surprise the writer of it did not have a large fanbase this year on this board. Let us keep our hopes up for Knights of X, perhaps that will become a masterpiece.
    My congratulations to Tini Howard
    2021 was a very competitive year but she still managed to win for the second time in a row

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post

My congratulations to Tini Howard
    2021 was a very competitive year but she still managed to win for the second time in a row
    Maybe she'll make it a hat trick in 2022!
    Make Good Art

Least favorite categories should be abolished from the voting in the future. It breeds callousness.

That Jean X-Force cover is great, I find it criminal that it's voted as one of the worst ones.