Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This feels more right than it has any business feeling...
    because they already have aliens in the ranks, especially long head like Salaak

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yes. Hal has a collection of girlfriends, human and otherwise, longer than anyone else in the DCU that I know of. All Morrison did was push that even further by having Hal date an alien nurse that was only vaguely humanoid and another who was explicitly a trans-woman on a Swords & Sorcery world.

Predictably, the more regressive elements of the internet briefly got up in arms about it because Hal Jordan was implied to be interested in more than what we've traditionally seen from the straight white male hero, even if it made perfect sense given his prior history.
    Oh so he IS pan. It's not just cis woman even if it's an alien. Which issue?
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-13-2022 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yes. Hal has a collection of girlfriends, human and otherwise, longer than anyone else in the DCU that I know of. All Morrison did was push that even further by having Hal date an alien nurse that was only vaguely humanoid and another who was explicitly a trans-woman on a Swords & Sorcery world.

Predictably, the more regressive elements of the internet briefly got up in arms about it because Hal Jordan was implied to be interested in more than what we've traditionally seen from the straight white male hero, even if it made perfect sense given his prior history.
    Maybe I don't understand all the labels correctly, but I guess I would've read Hal dating alien women as falling under heterosexuality.

(Granted, he could be non-straight and still have primarily or only dated women, but still.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Should GL's wear normal clothes under their Corps. uniform or not?

Thought they always did?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'd hate to think they've been going commando all these years.

Although I wouldn't put that past Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post

That’s actually exactly what Guy did and Sinestro hated everything about it

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member

Early on it was the other way around. Until like, the mid 70's Hal often changed into his GL uniform by doing the classic Superman, open shirt to show his GL uniform underneath it. though where his gloves came from was never addressed, and having the boots on with the socks and shoes over them had to be a thing...

And I think it wasn't till the late 80s that the unform become a ring construct but was instead a physical thing they put on and could use the ring to change into. but it wouldn't go away when the ring lost its change since it exists independent of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    That’s actually exactly what Guy did and Sinestro hated everything about it

Haha, what story is that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Haha, what story is that from?
    I forgot the exact issue but it was in the first arc of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps during the rebirth era of comics
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Thought they always did?
    It seemed like during the Venditti Van Jensen era the GL uniform was treated like normal clothes rather than something they wore over their actual clothes.

It seemed like during the Venditti Van Jensen era the GL uniform was treated like normal clothes rather than something they wore over their actual clothes.
    Post silver age, when the uniform was clothes Hal had to change into, I never thought the GL uniform went over their civvies - the uniform is so skin-tight, there's no room for anything other than underwear. I always figured the ring changed their clothes into the uniform (or swapped into some pocket dimension, or in the ring, whatever) and if a charge ran out, it would revert back.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post

I'd love to think they've been going commando all these years... *shrug*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'd love to think they've been going commando all these years... *shrug*
    Hey - we all need our head-canons to get by.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Post silver age, when the uniform was clothes Hal had to change into, I never thought the GL uniform went over their civvies - the uniform is so skin-tight, there's no room for anything other than underwear. I always figured the ring changed their clothes into the uniform (or swapped into some pocket dimension, or in the ring, whatever) and if a charge ran out, it would revert back.
    Yeah, when they finally had the uniform tied to ring power. (Which took... a while it might not have firmly been a thing till the 90s...) I think they just, didn't think about the logistics of it too much. Rings running out of energy or being drained or removed or whatever is a stable of GL stories and they didn't want their heroes becoming naked every single time that happened, so they change back to their civvies. How that worked with the skin-tight uniforms? (well, for the most part, there are exceptions like Guy) Doesn't really matter.