Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I hated how once again the Star Sapphire role is always given to a female hero.
    That concept is so dated and sexist.
    While we are on the Sapphires subject I hate that renown artists and colorist apparently seems to be unable to differentiate between violet and magenta, I know I’m probably the only one bothered by this but it’s a major pet peeve of mine.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I hated how once again the Star Sapphire role is always given to a female hero.
    That concept is so dated and sexist.
    Has there ever been a male star sapphire?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

So what exactly is Simon Baz now? Like he got a new ring/suit after thinking he wasn’t getting one clearly but it kind of looks like he’s the cryptkeeper of the lantern corps with all those Lantern ghosts/Spectrum Spirts around him?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yes, John was the first male to become a Star Sapphire.

John Stewart for, like, five minutes .

Okay so I suppose there is some precedent for a male star sapphire to exist at some point
    Words to live by.

So what exactly is Simon Baz now? Like he got a new ring/suit after thinking he wasn’t getting one clearly but it kind of looks like he’s the cryptkeeper of the lantern corps with all those Lantern ghosts/Spectrum Spirts around him?
    It's interesting that between the metal arm and the new outfit with the bracers, they've decided to cover Simon's Arabic tattoo. (although it might be moot as the Dark Crisis image has Simon in his original outfit anyway)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-13-2022 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's interesting that between the metal arm and the new outfit with the bracers, they've decided to cover Simon's Arabic tattoo. (although it might be moot as the Dark Crisis image has Simon in his original outfit anyway)
    was cited in the comic, the arm is temporary. it goes away once his actual arm is healed (as shown in issue 12). "they" are not erasing anything about Simon's heritage.

Yeah the metal arm looks to be completely gone in the pages after he touched the ring and we see the Spectrum Spirits (I’m calling them that for right now, better then ghost of the corps).
    Words to live by.

Alright let’s do a break down of where things stand, mainly to make sure I’ve understood and that we are all on the same page. Ahem.

1. The Guardians are gone, for now at least (there’s always a few more hidden out there as we’ve seen in the past)
    2. Oa is restored with a new power battery aka the beacon powered by...John Stewart’s godstorm stabilizing lantern spectrum energy with magic? Did I get that right?
    3. The green lantern corps are back, but they now share the planet with blue lanterns and star sapphires. Possibly others because the refugees part was a tad vague as comics do for the sake of future stories.
    4. Simon Baz is some kind of Crypt-keeper for Spectrum Spirits, living ghosts of dead corpsmen. Got to come up with a better nickname then Crypt-keeper.
    5. TBD for Teen Lantern, last seen unconscious.
    6. John Stewart is still ascended and is using his powers in the dark sector to help the lost lanterns.

That’s it right? Did I forget anything?
    Words to live by.

Alright let’s do a break down of where things stand, mainly to make sure I’ve understood and that we are all on the same page. Ahem.

1. The Guardians are gone, for now at least (there’s always a few more hidden out there as we’ve seen in the past)
    nope. 100% of anyone from or descended from Maltus, everywhere, is gone, along with all their technology. There are built-in loopholes for subsequent writers to reverse it all but that's not one of them.

2. Oa is restored with a new power battery aka the beacon powered by...John Stewart’s godstorm stabilizing lantern spectrum energy with magic? Did I get that right?
    yep.

3. The green lantern corps are back, but they now share the planet with blue lanterns and star sapphires. Possibly others because the refugees part was a tad vague as comics do for the sake of future stories.
    yep. 500 active GLs left in normal space and roughly that number in the dark sectors. about 1k total in the universe.

4. Simon Baz is some kind of Crypt-keeper for Spectrum Spirits, living ghosts of dead corpsmen. Got to come up with a better nickname then Crypt-keeper.
    yep. and "crypt-keeper" is not the name i gave him. as for the "ghosts," their ultimate fate is up to DC editorial but my idea for them will be outlined in the annotations for the issue which start next week.

5. TBD for Teen Lantern, last seen unconscious.
    She's in a coma, not the same. But yep. and the gauntlet is gone.

6. John Stewart is still ascended and is using his powers in the dark sector to help the lost lanterns.
    basically, yep.

That’s it right? Did I forget anything?
    probably.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

This new status que will be lucky to last 3 years before it is all rebooted. It is just a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    nope. 100% of anyone from or descended from Maltus, everywhere, is gone, along with all their technology. There are built-in loopholes for subsequent writers to reverse it all but that's not one of them.

yep.

yep. 500 active GLs left in normal space and roughly that number in the dark sectors. about 1k total in the universe.

yep. and "crypt-keeper" is not the name i gave him. as for the "ghosts," their ultimate fate is up to DC editorial but my idea for them will be outlined in the annotations for the issue which start next week.

She's in a coma, not the same. But yep. and the gauntlet is gone.

basically, yep.

probably.

Thanks for the corrections, appreciate it. Honestly just assumed that the Guardians on Oa and the planets attacked were gone, interesting to hear that it’s not just a small group of them gone.

Also can’t wait to hear what name you did give Simon in this new position he has. I just went with Crypt-keeper randomly because of the spirits.

Glad I read this run from beginning to end personally.
    Last edited by sifighter; 04-13-2022 at 06:39 PM.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    This new status que will be lucky to last 3 years before it is all rebooted. It is just a mess.
    I agree that it won't last, but not because it's a mess - same with Morrison's changes, or the changes that came after "Edge of Oblivion." Any of these new status quos would have been fine had DC made the next team stick with the changes, but DC clearly has no interest in continuity. They seem to like pushing Crisis stories and CPB blowing up stories that only tease lasting change. I imagine if Thorne comes back we'll get a followup, but if not we'll likely see a new team construct a new status quo all over again. (or "factory reset" to the old one with little to no explanation)

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I didn't see this posted in this thread. I watched this yesterday and chuckled. So accurate and sad.

There are WAY too many Earth origin GLs. What to do; Limbo or death by crisis?
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 04-14-2022 at 05:30 AM.