Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I didn’t know how badly I needed this until now.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

This is so cute! And weirdly almost therapeutic to look at for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    No, I think it's another temporary switch until the character DC has dubbed the one true Flash comes back.
    Probably a reasonable assumption, but he is still the main Flash at least.
    Thought he'd just gotten a stint at being "the" Spider-Man for awhile?
    I guess you don't know how Beyond ended...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably a reasonable assumption, but he is still the main Flash at least.
    Wait, they're letting Wally be the Flash again? Thought he was still Kid Flash (and a murder or something)?

I guess you don't know how Beyond ended...
    I really don't like modern Amazing Spider-Man comics (it's a "One More Day" thing) and, honestly, I never had any use for Ben. But, okay.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Wait, they're letting Wally be the Flash again? Thought he was still Kid Flash (and a murder or something)?
    Oh yeah, they fixed all of that .

Extraordinary Member

Oh yeah, they fixed all of that .
    Yea, he's basically been the Flash since the beginning of the Infinite Frontier era.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

So cool. Great use of non-human lanterns.

I also dig the Jessica Yellow Lantern look on the Tumblr page.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member

Makes me wish that they're in the Superpets movie.

Looks sick. Can’t wait. Can’t believe it’s been a decade now since the last GL animated project.

Loving the new art style. It's so clean. And I can actually see what the **** is going on.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Loving the new art style. It's so clean. And I can actually see what the **** is going on.
    Yeah me too. I love simplicity, everything pops and allows for the action sequences to be stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Okay random thoughts:

- Looks like they're jumping ahead with the JL in this timeline to where they already have the Watchtower with Martian Manhunter and Vixen's joined up with them. Feels like the Tommorow-verse JL is jumping forward as fast as the DCAMU League did.

- It's nice to see Vixen, but it doesn't look like she'll do much outside that initial meet and greet...

- It seems like Hal was the League JL before John? They recognize the GL uniform, although only Hawkgirl mentions him by name. Maybe he founded the League and was friends with Ollie and Barry before his sacrifice? Could he have maybe survived?

- Huh, so they gave John like a mix of Hal and Kyle's origin...rocket crash lands on Earth, dead Guardian gives the human a ring.

- I was hoping we'd see more of Tommorow-verse Green Arrow after his cameo at the end of Long Halloween, but it feels weird to pair him with John Stewart when he's best friends with Hal. Will they pair up Barry and John too?

- Wow, I didn't think you could make Sinestro look even more stereotypically evil, but there you go. Just look at that goatee.

- I think I see Lyssa Drak, Kanjar Ro (?), and Despero (?) in Sinestro's forces in this movie.

- Thanagarian Hawkgirl! Using a more traditional Hawkgirl design.

- I kind of...don't love John's GL look here? Especially since the green is only on a smaller section of his body instead of across his whole chest or torso. The color balance just doesn't look as great. Which I guess explains why he's wearing that jacket for most of the movie.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    *My Thoughts on Green Lantern: Beware my power trailer*

It's disappointing how the architecture skillet of John Stewart is being ignored.

John Stewart is both a military marine AND an architect.... His architectural skills influence his Green Lantern constructs but look at the rubbish constructs that this animated movie is giving him?!? Urrgh!!!

And being a marine/ military veteran provide more than just fighting skills but also knowledge on organisational structure with a focus on efficiency and results regarding training, deployment, battle/ war strategy, etc.

Green Lantern John Stewart is NOT one dimensional .....being an architect makes him a builder and being a marine/ military makes him a protectors (and/ perhaps even a destroyer)... BOTH of these aspects heavily influence what and who he is as a Green Lantern whereby he understands fully the responsibility of being part of an inter-galactic police force dedicated to preserving/ saving lives, building trust and support across different species, etc which certain.

Another brilliant angle of John Stewart is that sometimes he struggles between the 2 aspects of himself where his builder/ architect side comes into conflict with his destroyer/ military side.

It's both these aspects that made him noticed directly by the Guardians later making him LEADER of the Green Lantern Corps and .... recently....ascended becoming a literal cosmic being.

All these are superb nuances of John Stewart which we should be seeing in this animated movie

*I hope this animated movie does well enough for it to get a sequel or animated series in the HOPE that BOTH aspects of John Stewart are exhibited and explored.* Or the trailer is saving his architectural skills for those who watch this animated movie.....but I doubt it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Eeeh.....you need some milk.

And plenty of carrots.