Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Do you know of any hobbies any of the Lanterns has outside of superheroing? Obviously (and sadly, to me) we don't get to see much of the heroes' downtime now or how they interact with regular civilians, but I wondered what we saw in the old days. I mean, I recall Hal hunting with his brothers and visiting the beach in the 1960s, but that's about it. I started off thinking of Guy and what his earth-city-base would/should be if he had a permanent one. And what there was to do in the town, and what weather he liked counted (his jobs that I know of - teacher, bar owner - could be done most anywhere). And then I thought - what do all the others like to do for entertainment? Things that aren't work, that are ways to relax - or party, if one prefers.
    Does flying count as a hobby for Hal?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does flying count as a hobby for Hal?
    I would not say so, but others might disagree.

Fantastic Member

He's into baseball and has shown enjoyment of both Country and Jazz music at times.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Do you know of any hobbies any of the Lanterns has outside of superheroing? Obviously (and sadly, to me) we don't get to see much of the heroes' downtime now or how they interact with regular civilians, but I wondered what we saw in the old days. I mean, I recall Hal hunting with his brothers and visiting the beach in the 1960s, but that's about it. I started off thinking of Guy and what his earth-city-base would/should be if he had a permanent one. And what there was to do in the town, and what weather he liked counted (his jobs that I know of - teacher, bar owner - could be done most anywhere). And then I thought - what do all the others like to do for entertainment? Things that aren't work, that are ways to relax - or party, if one prefers.
    Hal is into baseball and both he and John listen to jazz. Guy loves football and loves WWE (because, of course he does). Kyle obviously loves sketching and watching anime. Simon is a gearhead, and Jessica reads cheap romance novels.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Hal is into baseball and both he and John listen to jazz. Guy loves football and loves WWE (because, of course he does). Kyle obviously loves sketching and watching anime. Simon is a gearhead, and Jessica reads cheap romance novels.
    Thanks for the info. It's good to know. I like feeling like the characters have things they enjoy doing when they aren't fighting evil.

We saw in the 80th Anniversary special that Hal likes to read and in his solo, he plays essentially a real life World of Warcraft on an alien planet.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    We saw in the 80th Anniversary special that Hal likes to read and in his solo, he plays essentially a real life World of Warcraft on an alien planet.
    I can totally see Kyle and Jessica being in an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can totally see Kyle and Jessica being in an MMO.
    Jessica should have developed a lot of hobbies when she was stuck in her apartment for so long. Do we know what she did to pass the time?

All-New Member

Where is Kyle Rayner what book he's currently on?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anakin99 View Post
    Where is Kyle Rayner what book he's currently on?
    Kyle Rayner is currently in "shows up in the background of big events" limbo.

Fantastic Member

Oh right! Hal also knows card tricks. I love the panel he brings that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Kyle Rayner is currently in "shows up in the background of big events" limbo.
    But he's also in the "at least he's alive" column too .

DC Round Robin 2022 GL pitches

GREEN LANTERN: THE LIGHT AT THE END OF FOREVER: A dark far-future. A galaxy gripped by tyranny. When an elderly farmer in a backwater system is brutalized by the latest thugs with jetpacks and jackboots to call themselves lawmen, he remembers a forgotten past. An era of champions. A cadre of noble peacekeepers, long since vanished. His name-he's sure of it-is JOHN STEWART. Whatever happened to the Green Lanterns Corps...and is it too late to reignite the light...?

GREEN LANTERN: THE BIRTH OF CONSPIRACY: In 1947, three events kindled America's fascination with UFOs: the men in black, flying saucer sightings, and the Roswell crash. Three low-level government employees, tasked with monitoring superheroes, realize that one person was at all three events: the Green Lantern, ALAN SCOTT. He hasn't been seen since.

Fantastic Member

. . . I'm seriously starting to suspect there are people in DC that honestly feel the GLC is only good when it's gone and to pine after.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    . . . I'm seriously starting to suspect there are people in DC that honestly feel the GLC is only good when it's gone and to pine after.
    i don't think that's true.

I'm certainly not one of them