Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    I do get the feeling, and I very well could be wrong, but at times it seems that his fans don't always value those things a ton. Partly because so many came in from the JL cartoons where his 'supporting cast' was other heroes, and even in the comics, MOSAIC is likely the closest he's ever had to a status quo that was his own. Maybe Dark Stars? .... Did anyone care about that comic? They really tried to push it as a replacement for the GLC, but it never really took.

That and since there can be a feeling that being the most well-known GL outside of the small world of comic fandom... he should be THE GL (To be fair a LOT of GL fans have a GL they think should be that) and as such he should kind of get first, pick of any preexisting supporting cast and villains. One of his most famous outings in the JL Cartoons was placing him into a story that was original with Hal, so not like it would be new.
    I was hoping the current GL book would fix those problems. Give John his own supporting cast and setting, but alas.
    We’re getting Teen Lantern and Jo.

Astonishing Member

At least with the Spectrum being retconned away at last the GLs won’t have to compete with the Skittle corps fanfic hour

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    At least with the Spectrum being retconned away at last the GLs won’t have to compete with the Skittle corps fanfic hour
    I miss Carol, Larfleeze, Saint Walker, and Atrocitus .

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I was hoping the current GL book would fix those problems. Give John his own supporting cast and setting, but alas.
    No GLs have supporting cast anymore. They only interact with each other now, which is a shame.

When or how was the Spectrum retconned away? I know it was mentioned in the current GL run but I didn't know it was anything important.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    When or how was the Spectrum retconned away? I know it was mentioned in the current GL run but I didn't know it was anything important.
    The spectrum’s still there but the Green Light isn’t part of it, and never was.

Since, you know, willpower isn’t an emotion.

It is my hope that the skittles can now go in the bin, like so many other things

The spectrum’s still there but the Green Light isn’t part of it, and never was.

Since, you know, willpower isn’t an emotion.

It is my hope that the skittles can now go in the bin, like so many other things
    Has that been established? The Corps. are so similar that it would feel weird otherwise.

I do get the feeling, and I very well could be wrong, but at times it seems that his fans don't always value those things a ton. Partly because so many came in from the JL cartoons where his 'supporting cast' was other heroes, and even in the comics, MOSAIC is likely the closest he's ever had to a status quo that was his own. Maybe Dark Stars? .... Did anyone care about that comic? They really tried to push it as a replacement for the GLC, but it never really took.

That and since there can be a feeling that being the most well-known GL outside of the small world of comic fandom... he should be THE GL (To be fair a LOT of GL fans have a GL they think should be that) and as such he should kind of get first, pick of any preexisting supporting cast and villains. One of his most famous outings in the JL Cartoons was placing him into a story that was original with Hal, so not like it would be new.
    Which one? The Static Shock cross over with Sinestro?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm wondering if they're going to try to promote Sinestro as more of a John villain moving forward.
    To be fair this is nothing new, the DCAU already did that 20 years ago. Guy also fought Sinestro in Batman: The Brave and the Bold. That's sadly how it works with certain legacy characters that don't have much solo content to offer. And even if they do, companies still go with what the audience is more familiar with anyway. Marvel had Miles fight Kingpin and a gender swapped version of Doc Ock in Into the Spider-Verse.

Fantastic Member

The one where he goes on trial for blowing up a planet but turns out to be framed by the Manhunters, taken right from Justice League of America vol 1, #140 and #141 by Steve Englehart.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Bit of shame since Jo had a great status quo back in Far Sector. Really felt like there was room to build on what was already laid down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm wondering if they're going to try to promote Sinestro as more of a John villain moving forward.
    I don't see that happening in the comics, especially considering how Sinestro is clearly tied to Hal in the current Green Lantern run when Jo interacted with Sinestro.

Sinestro is the most iconic GL villain, so that could be why he's used often. I think DC should invest more into creating new GL villains than investing in creating new human Green Lanterns. By adding Jo, Teen Lantern, etc. it makes it more harder to introduce new villains and a supporting cast for John.

The one where he goes on trial for blowing up a planet but turns out to be framed by the Manhunters, taken right from Justice League of America vol 1, #140 and #141 by Steve Englehart.
    To be fair I don't think that it is really character specific story. Sure, Hal was in it, but any Lantern could find himself in that situation. I have more problems with things like Sinestro being a main villain for everyone.

Oh, that one. I thought it was their take on Xanshi.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I don't see that happening in the comics, especially considering how Sinestro is clearly tied to Hal in the current Green Lantern run when Jo interacted with Sinestro.

Sinestro is the most iconic GL villain, so that could be why he's used often. I think DC should invest more into creating new GL villains than investing in creating new human Green Lanterns. By adding Jo, Teen Lantern, etc. it makes it more harder to introduce new villains and a supporting cast for John.
    Who was the last memorable GLC villain that wasn't part of the other Corps.?

Not Relic.

Krona was basically a refurbished GL Rogue.

Volthoom was connected to the Emotional Spectrum.