Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Ideas for a new Team Titans

Sorry I'm a 90's comic book fan to the hilt I loved Youngblood (forgive me) and the old Image but my favorite book was the Team Titans it had so much potential I would have loved to have seen Arsenal with the Team Titans before it was cancelled that said, it got me thinking on how a new Team Titans could go, a mysterious leader(NOT RED X) that recruits Titans through the multiverse for covert missions to keep the multiverse safe. How would you do a Team Titans book?
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't do a mysterious leader for a Team Titans book. Leader should be someone established with minimal ties to the Titans franchise. It would also be wise to avoid any tropes associated with the Titans franchise( betrayal, team dysfunction and shock value death) even if you use former Titans members. Take the roster in NEW directions.

My roster idea:
    Superboy(Jon)
    Terra
    Lighting
    Liar Liar
    Tempest
    Zachary Zatara
    Cir El

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    Sorry I'm a 90's comic book fan to the hilt I loved Youngblood (forgive me) and the old Image
    Everyone have the right to be wrong on his path to improvement, my brother.

but my favorite book was the Team Titans it had so much potential I would have loved to have seen Arsenal with the Team Titans before it was cancelled that said, it got me thinking on how a new Team Titans could go, a mysterious leader(NOT RED X) that recruits Titans through the multiverse for covert missions to keep the multiverse safe. How would you do a Team Titans book?
    I really like the concept of Titans from other timelines coming together and yes it is true than the characters had potential and the name have certain impact. The starting point is not the most original, (Exiles, Justice League Incarnate right now), but maybe the development could be interesting.

But, honestly my take would not be so much different: I would like to recover partially the original core team, (partially, maybe with some changes and put them on missions to prevent wrong "futures" (as in plural), sometimes even fighting against people who wants those futures to happen.
    Yes, not very original but it an extension of what their original set up was about.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

I really like the concept of Titans from other timelines coming together
    ^^^Me too!

And I’m going with…
    A space team, to help set them apart from other Titans teams, literally and figuratively.

ROBIN
    A time displaced robot from the 853rd Century.

LOR ZOD
    The son of one of Superman’s greatest foes.

TEEN LANTERN
    A rebellious Green Lantern.

PRYSM
    A self exiled former Titan, who’ll suggest the team’s name.

CRUSH
    The second to last Czarnian, not thrilled at the team’s name.

JOG
    A new, young God.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 01-10-2022 at 06:30 PM.

The only idea coming to my mind at the moment is Terra and Mirage, acting on some kind of intel, embark on a mission to find Redwing, Nightrider, Killowat, Prestor Jon, and Battalion. Perhaps Terra and Mirage recruit some other Titans to help them. As to what their mission would be after reuniting, I don't know. Bring in Phil Jimenez and Jeff Jensen and let them tell as much of the story they had planned 30 years ago as they can!
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

that's not a bad idea. In one of her many...many origins, Donna took on the role of Harbinger. Perhaps in that role she could be the one bouncing around the multiverse picking up Titans for the story at hand? (She was also part of the main reason Team Titans came about as well thanks to the Chaos War.)

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I wouldn't do a mysterious leader for a Team Titans book. Leader should be someone established with minimal ties to the Titans franchise. It would also be wise to avoid any tropes associated with the Titans franchise( betrayal, team dysfunction and shock value death) even if you use former Titans members. Take the roster in NEW directions.

My roster idea:
    Superboy(Jon)
    Terra
    Lighting
    Liar Liar
    Tempest
    Zachary Zatara
    Cir El
    I forgot about Zachary, is he still around? I haven't seen him since John's Titans.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I think the #1 thing has to be: why is the team being formed? What is the threat? This will dictate much of what members the team will have.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I forgot about Zachary, is he still around? I haven't seen him since John's Titans.
    I assume Zachary's still around, but limboed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I think the #1 thing has to be: why is the team being formed? What is the threat? This will dictate much of what members the team will have.
    # 1 thing should be knowing before hand what tropes the writer must avoid. # 2 thing should be how to develop the roster and take them in new directions. # 3 is the story, build it around how you want the characters to develop.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    Sorry I'm a 90's comic book fan to the hilt I loved Youngblood (forgive me) and the old Image but my favorite book was the Team Titans it had so much potential I would have loved to have seen Arsenal with the Team Titans before it was cancelled that said, it got me thinking on how a new Team Titans could go, a mysterious leader(NOT RED X) that recruits Titans through the multiverse for covert missions to keep the multiverse safe. How would you do a Team Titans book?
    I like this a lot especially since I'm an Arsenal fan so here's what I'd do:
    Mysterious leaders: Pre-Crisis Earth two Richard Grayson and Roy Harper
    Arsenal
    Kid Flash from Kingdom Come
    Superboy (Conner)
    Redwing
    Argent
    Frostbite from DV8
    Fairchild from Gen 13
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Good, point, good point. Not only rescue the name, but to give them a direction, a leit motiv, is something each team needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    The only idea coming to my mind at the moment is Terra and Mirage, acting on some kind of intel, embark on a mission to find Redwing, Nightrider, Killowat, Prestor Jon, and Battalion. Perhaps Terra and Mirage recruit some other Titans to help them. As to what their mission would be after reuniting, I don't know. Bring in Phil Jimenez and Jeff Jensen and let them tell as much of the story they had planned 30 years ago as they can!
    This could be a interesting starting point, at least to rescue the original team, at least , partially. I'm not in favor of including Terra-B (I call her Terra B, because it was never clear enough if she was OG Terra yes or not and that was left on a grey zone until her decease in 52:WW3), not make Jimenez and Jensen return to the title to continue a story aborted 30 years ago. That never works well.

# 1 thing should be knowing before hand what tropes the writer must avoid. # 2 thing should be how to develop the roster and take them in new directions. # 3 is the story, build it around how you want the characters to develop.
    Neither trope is never avoided. Even more, tropes makes stories. I think wht you are thinkoing of are cliché.

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    I like this a lot especially since I'm an Arsenal fan so here's what I'd do:
    Mysterious leaders: Pre-Crisis Earth two Richard Grayson and Roy Harper
    Arsenal
    Kid Flash from Kingdom Come
    Superboy (Conner)
    Redwing
    Argent
    Frostbite from DV8
    Fairchild from Gen 13
    There was a Roy Harper on earth 2?
    But it seems like the concept of the mysterious leafder is attached to the Team Titans. It is an idea than deserve to be keep?
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 01-11-2022 at 01:03 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Good, point, good point. Not only rescue the name, but to give them a direction, a leit motiv, is something each team needs.

This could be a interesting starting point, at least to rescue the original team, at least , partially. I'm not in favor of including Terra-B (I call her Terra B, because it was never clear enough if she was OG Terra yes or not and that was left on a grey zone until her decease in 52:WW3), not make Jimenez and Jensen return to the title to continue a story aborted 30 years ago. That never works well.

Neither trope is never avoided. Even more, tropes makes stories. I think wht you are thinkoing of are cliché.

There was a Roy Harper on earth 2?
    But it seems like the concept of the mysterious leafder is attached to the Team Titans. It is an idea than deserve to be keep?
    I think making Terra B the same as OG Terra is the best option, it avoids unnecessary convolution.

Yes, avoiding cliches is a MUST when it comes to Titans books. For example, if Terra is used, do NOT use the betrayal plot, unless it's a sort of running gag where people think she's going to betray them, but doesn't (and even then, that gag would get tiresome). Same for Raven with Trigon and Cyborg questioning his humanity.

Mysterious leader could be kept or discarded. Personally, I could do without the mysterious leader plot.

I think making Terra B the same as OG Terra is the best option, it avoids unnecessary convolution.
    Well, New52 and Rebirth brough Terra back, so use her in Team Titans would make things more complicated. Can we use Atlee, insead?

Yes, avoiding cliches is a MUST when it comes to Titans books. For example, if Terra is used, do NOT use the betrayal plot, unless it's a sort of running gag where people think she's going to betray them, but doesn't (and even then, that gag would get tiresome). Same for Raven with Trigon and Cyborg questioning his humanity.
    Exactly. Specially on Cyborg in a world which everyday more embrace transhumanism.

Mysterious leader could be kept or discarded. Personally, I could do without the mysterious leader plot.
    The mysterious leader should be a starting point but dropped in a first arc. The identity of such figure however, should be pivotal to what the story is about.

Eh, like Justice League has had various branches, there could be a few for the Titans. You have the main team, the face of the Titans with a core group and a semi-rotating cast that pops in and out. A magic branch, like JL Dark. Under cover group. Etc. A junior branch could be interesting. And I would start with;

Damian Wayne (Robin or not)
    Jon Kent Superboy
    Maya (Nobody)
    Colin
    Kathy
    Crush
    Lian Harper
    Jai West
    Iris West (Wally's daughter)