Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Titans (HBO) Worst Team Ever?

Are there any superhero teams are worse at teamwork than the Titans?

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Do we technically count The Seven as a Superhero Team?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Great question, and I am struggling with an answer. Stormfront is completely evil, but Homelander actually wanted to save that planeload of people. Everybody else on the team seems to be better than Homelander, which makes the worst of them bad heroes but maybe not actual villains. And in the eyes of the general public, they are certainly regarded as superheroes. So I guess you could say that the Seven count as a superhero team, and clearly their teamwork is poor when they are actively fighting each other. But sometimes they work together, or at least some of them get together some of the time and work together.

The Titans still strike me as worse at the teamwork. Individual Titans default to going it alone, and often seem to go out of the way to create personal drama and conflict with their supposed teammates. The only time I remember seeing teamwork in season one was when they infiltrated a mental institution, and then there were two occasions in season two. In season three, one member becomes an actual supervillain, and another dies when stubbornly going on a solo mission while lying about it to his alleged teammates. Late in the season, Nightwing is going to fight a villain and Superboy insists on helping. In keeping with typical Titans-style teamwork, Nightwing declines and then blows kryptonite dust all over Superboy. In all fairness, portions of the team did actually work together in multiple situations, and most threats fall short of needing a full Titans intervention anyway. It's worth noting that the Titans have an actual headquarters where they live together in both seasons two and three.

Incredible Member

Really glad I never watched this series now.

Great question, and I am struggling with an answer. Stormfront is completely evil, but Homelander actually wanted to save that planeload of people. Everybody else on the team seems to be better than Homelander, which makes the worst of them bad heroes but maybe not actual villains. And in the eyes of the general public, they are certainly regarded as superheroes. So I guess you could say that the Seven count as a superhero team, and clearly their teamwork is poor when they are actively fighting each other. But sometimes they work together, or at least some of them get together some of the time and work together.

The Titans still strike me as worse at the teamwork. Individual Titans default to going it alone, and often seem to go out of the way to create personal drama and conflict with their supposed teammates. The only time I remember seeing teamwork in season one was when they infiltrated a mental institution, and then there were two occasions in season two. In season three, one member becomes an actual supervillain, and another dies when stubbornly going on a solo mission while lying about it to his alleged teammates. Late in the season, Nightwing is going to fight a villain and Superboy insists on helping. In keeping with typical Titans-style teamwork, Nightwing declines and then blows kryptonite dust all over Superboy. In all fairness, portions of the team did actually work together in multiple situations, and most threats fall short of needing a full Titans intervention anyway. It's worth noting that the Titans have an actual headquarters where they live together in both seasons two and three.
    Maaaan I haven't watched any of that cringefest in forever and that still seems like something that would happen in that show!

Oh, oh and how can I forget Team Arrow?

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    This is somewhat of a tangent, but in the comics one of the precursor teams to The Seven that came about as the result of Vought's experiments in the World War 2 era were sent into reinforce an Allied unit in German territory.

By flying around, making noise, and effectively being dressed in big American flags, they not only caught the Axis' attention which led them back to the Allied encampment, but they all died horribly as a result and incurred huge losses for the people they were supposed to protect.

...granted The Boys and Ennis being who they are, they're all kinda on the bottom rung, especially if he's using them in comparison to military forces.

I always get the feeling Donna is just looking at the rest of them and thinking “Seriously, guys? What. The actual. ****?”

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I always get the feeling Donna is just looking at the rest of them and thinking “Seriously, guys? What. The actual. ****?”
    Donna was one of the only people on the show I could stand, with Hawk and Dove on the OTHER end of the spectrum (like, 'throw bricks at TV' level of dislike). Needless to say, I gave up. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

It's interesting that there have only been a handful of villains on the show, and that includes one current Titan and one former Titan. Of course, who needs enemies when you have friends like the Titans? I have to admit that I have been hate-watching the show, but I was ready to give up at the start of season three. But they moved the focus to Gotham City, and I really like Savannah Welch as Commissioner Barbara Gordon. She isn't particularly credible as Commissioner, in keeping with the nature of the show, but she has an interesting and expressive face, and lost a leg in a car accident years ago.

Astonishing Member

Total team of idiots. Hawk and Dove idiot. Made up out of the blue afterlife. Dumb instantiation of Raven and her CGI daddy.
    Worthless Starfire. What else do you want? Sick of PedoBat and his harem of psycho boys.

Teen Titans Go! would tear them apart

Despite season three taking place in Gotham City, Batman fans should avoid this show like poison.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

If the Nerima Wrecking Crew counted as superheroes, then they would probably be a strong contender.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

[S]hould avoid this show like poison.
    I fixed it for you. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    If the Nerima Wrecking Crew counted as superheroes, then they would probably be a strong contender.
    Not a bad point. Even when working together, they often work against each other.

Incredible Member

Despite season three taking place in Gotham City, Batman fans should avoid this show like poison.
    Beg your pardon but why is that?