Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xmen Monday 137

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It feels weird to be setting up a big roster change and voting for a new member when the current team feels like they've barely been established as it is, especially for some members, but whatever.
    I feel eventually we are going to get to the point where we’ll end up electing Shocker and Mr Hyde to the X-men.

Hey, Sinister would definitely be willing to activate people’s X-gene in return for payment of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/10/x-...-endorsements/

Interesting that Wong was included in this. I'm guessing we might see her on a xmen book this year
    Look at Duggan doing the lord's work for once yes Angelica is a cop

Vote for Penance Vote for perfection

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Look at Duggan doing the lord's work for once yes Angelica is a cop

Vote for Penance Vote for perfection
    So Rogue and Havok are cops too then? Or would you qualify their time on the Uncanny Avengers team as Les collabouteurs?

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    So Rogue and Havok are cops too then? Or would you qualify their time on the Uncanny Avengers team as Les collabouteurs?
    Did anyone who was in Val Cooper's X-Factor or Freedom Force count as cops?

And it's not like the X-Men haven't put people (including Mutants) in jail.

Extraordinary Member

And Wolverine

And the X-men have worked w/ government from time to time.They didn't make their own prisons for the most part

They didn't spend majority of their superhero career as avengers so I don't know what you are going on about. Also they work for the krakoan government, I am sorry but why would you want to be in the xmen a krakoan organisation when you yourself aren't claiming krakoan citizenship. She should stick to what she knows best and do respectability politics whilst crying about her dead horse or whatever idc, and let krakoans fill the xmen spot.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I'm just kind of tired of this. Avengers and other characters in the Marvel universe get things they've done to mutants hung over their heads long after they've been retconned, atoned for, or just quietly ignored because they were terrible stories overall (Firestar in Avengers vs X-men, the whole refrain of 'Avengers are cops!', the Inhumans debacle, Wanda and two decades of the proverbial doghouse), or just their inaction in the mutant books because of editorial laid squarely on them as well. When they aren't inventing things that didn't actually happen (Captain America did not kill Avalaunche). Meanwhile when you try to bring up characters like Apocalypse, Mystique, Emma, suddenly retcons to make the character more palatable are a-okay and things like nearly killing 90% of the world are swept under the rug in the name of Mutant solidarity. I like the X-men, but I also like the rest of the Marvel universe and I'm getting really tired of this constantly being turned into an us vs them thing between those two parts of it, and I've not been seeing the non-Xmen fans doing this to anywhere near the same extent.

Astonishing Member

They didn't spend majority of their superhero career as avengers so I don't know what you are going on about. Also they work for the krakoan government, I am sorry but why would you want to be in the xmen a krakoan organisation when you yourself aren't claiming krakoan citizenship. She should stick to what she knows best and do respectability politics whilst crying about her dead horse or whatever idc, and let krakoans fill the xmen spot.
    How is she a cop? Because she was an avenger? Should I declare anyone who has ever worked with Magneto a terrorist because of what the Brotherhood has done?

She is a cop end of story interpret that how you will ... and
    if you have an issue with that argue with your throat idc.

anyways.....VOTE FOR PERFECTION! VOTE PENANCE!

Astonishing Member

She is a cop end of story interpret that how you will ... and
    if you have an issue with that argue with your throat idc.

anyways.....VOTE FOR PERFECTION! VOTE PENANCE!
    Can you point to one reason why she is a cop besides her having been on the Avengers? At all?

Can you point to one reason why she is a cop besides her having been on the Avengers? At all?
    Vote perfection! Vote penance!

All the hot gwurls are doing it.

Astonishing Member

Vote perfection! Vote penance!

All the hot gwurls are doing it.
    I mean I suppose it is the only way to get more Speedball, even if he has to have that dumb suit and nickname again, but sure, I'll vote for Robert Baldwin.

I mean I suppose it is the only way to get more Speedball, even if he has to have that dumb suit and nickname again, but sure, I'll vote for Robert Baldwin.
    Yeah sure whatever

Astonishing Member

Still waiting on that answer for why Firestar's a cop...anyone else got one? One that cannot just be applied to any Mutant whose been an avenger at any point?

Still waiting on that answer for why Firestar's a cop...anyone else got one? One that cannot just be applied to any Mutant whose been an avenger at any point?
    Vote PENANCE! Vote for perfection!

That is your answer we are in an election smear campaigns are the norm, if you cant handle that then I don't know how to help you.