Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

They also lovingly looked at each other in the last episode of season 4

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Default Addition to next week's list (20 September)

Titans United: Bloodpact #1: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/16/dc...d-bloodpact-1/

"The Titans are back, united against a common foe…aren’t they? All seems lost when Tim Drake wakes, out of uniform and seemingly out of time. Surely he was just fighting alongside Nightwing, Superboy, Starfire, Beast Boy, and Donna Troy? But where is Raven and what links her to the Fearsome Five? A blood sacrifice is coming that will change the world forever."
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

The DC Book of Pride: A Celebration of DC's Queer Characters for 2023: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...ters-for-2023/
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    The DC Book of Pride: A Celebration of DC's Queer Characters for 2023: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...ters-for-2023/
    This could be cool but is it just going to be a book of what's essentially Wiki pages?

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    This could be cool but is it just going to be a book of what's essentially Wiki pages?
    That's my understanding.
    It's an Encyclopedia of profiles on LGBT DC characters. Something useful for a newbie getting into the comics, but probably not all that interesting to long time fans. Maybe it'll have new art at least?

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    That's my understanding.
    It's an Encyclopedia of profiles on LGBT DC characters. Something useful for a newbie getting into the comics, but probably not all that interesting to long time fans. Maybe it'll have new art at least?
    Some new art would be great.
    Of course it would also be cool if they revealed some new characters and/or let some others finally come out through this.

Astonishing Member

Of course it would also be cool if they revealed some new characters and/or let some others finally come out through this.
    Would definitely like to see some of the latter.

Extraordinary Member

That's my understanding.
    This seems sweet but it will be used as ammunition against DC later on

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This seems sweet but it will be used as ammunition against DC later on
    Eh, its about as effective 'ammunition' as wet tissue.

And while ideally I'd want a new LGBTQ+ character or one finally coming out to get an actual book as opposed to just an encyclopedia, it would still be an alright starting point to the hypothetical character(s) in question getting more exposure.

Now do I trust DC to actually do it and do it well...not really. But it would still be nice if it happened.

DC announces new Harley Quinn creative team Tini Howard and Sweeney Boo: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/22/dc...d-sweeney-boo/

Well... Can I be honest? No, I won't be honest...

Introducing new characters or having established characters come out in this would definitely make this more interesting to me. As it is, I'm not expecting to learn anything new in it if it's just a collection of information on characters that are already out.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Introducing new characters or having established characters come out in this would definitely make this more interesting to me. As it is, I'm not expecting to learn anything new in it if it's just a collection of information on characters that are already out.
    A good compromise would be some short stories for each character with a profile. Even a 1-2 pager, just so readers can get a feel for the voice or tone of the character.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post

Very pinup-y variant of Tim here.

spoilers:
    Iz nice. They even manage to take advantage of the otherwise typically outdated briefs-on-Robin/briefs-on-Superheroes look as part of the whole pinup concept.

Not gonna lie; iz nice.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

Very pinup-y variant of Tim here.

spoilers:
    Iz nice. They even manage to take advantage of the otherwise typically outdated briefs-on-Robin/briefs-on-Superheroes look as part of the whole pinup concept.

Not gonna lie; iz nice.
    end of spoilers
    What do we have heeeeeere?!

I'm digging what I see in the preview and that pinup-y variant... I don't care what others say about this book and Tim's decades long history and yadda yadda yadda. I saw a preview for Batman Inc with my lovely Ghost-Maker and now this. I'm happy and eagerly looking forward to reading both titles.