Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Diana came in a glass closet right from her creation Agreed about Connor as well.

The Tim one is the most random to me coz it smells a bit of 'Tim is the least unique of the Robins so let's make him queer'. YMMV but it seems trite to me as the male Robins now go: The First Son, The Lost Son, The Queer Son and The Real Son. Honestly, I think Tim wouldn't have been revealed as bi if he hadn't been a decades old character overshadowed by the rest of the Bat-family.

Now, Dick is another story. If it hadn't been for the Comics Code or McCarthyism in the 50's, I think one of the writers who freaked out Frederic Wertham would have made Dick bi or queer in canon. But of course, that's a huge hypothesis which considers an American culture that is nothing like real world mid-20th Century American culture.

I think Devin Grayson would have canonized Dick as bi in the early 00's if she had been given the allowance.
    I do think it was always there for Diana, they just had to embrace it.

Did not know that about Dick. I do think he's the easiest suspect out of the four if they made any of the bi/gay/pan, especially since people talk about it the most in regards to him. And, it's something I would love to see explored but I definitely don't think they'd give us two queer Robins.

Personally, I do see it for Tim so it was more of a "good for him" moment, not confusion when I saw the story. But I imagine it's hard to either make either Dick or Tim bi when their relationships with women are so high profile. (Tim and Steph to a lesser extent but she was brought up when he came out).
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

It's a popular Gen Z/younger Millennial hairstyle. Tim didn't get that cut when he came out so I think you're overthinking it.
    From Jorge Jimenez.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

"Grant Morrison On Woke Green Lantern Being Pansexual As Captain Kirk": https://bleedingcool.com/comics/gran...-captain-kirk/

The article quotes from Morrison's Substack: https://grantmorrison.substack.com/p...s2-annotations
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    "Grant Morrison On Woke Green Lantern Being Pansexual As Captain Kirk": https://bleedingcool.com/comics/gran...-captain-kirk/

The article quotes from Morrison's Substack: https://grantmorrison.substack.com/p...s2-annotations
    Forgive my ignorance if I am missing something but weren't all of Morrisions examples of characters Hal Jordan hooked up with women? Alien women but women. How would that make him Pansexual?
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Forgive my ignorance if I am missing something but weren't all of Morrisions examples of characters Hal Jordan hooked up with women? Alien women but women. How would that make him Pansexual?
    Probably the same way that Lando Calrissian is pansexual: relationships with non-humans who are all conveniently female.

Honestly, the only reason some *dumbasses are reacting is because the word "pansexual" was used to describe it instead of just "Hal Jordan has sex with alien women"

*Dumbasses meaning the people who are angry about Hal Jordan allegedly being pansexual.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 05-06-2022 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Yeah I think it's an intriguing topic as well. Morrison of course had every right to bring up some of the stupid reactions to their previous entry that went way over the line and were completely uncalled for, still the examples they gave of Hal's past flames such as Dorine Clay, Ghia'ta from the GL animated series(who Hal never even dated, Carol just assumed he did when she saw them sitting together), or Arisia(ugh) have all been depicted as female characters. I guess the main argument seems to be the alien biology aspect and Hal's preferences not being limited to his own species, which obviously makes him more open-minded so to speak, but would it also classify him as pansexual. Then the comparison GM makes of Hal to Captain Kirk in that regard too I also found puzzling, since to my knowledge Kirk never dated non-female characters either, alien or otherwise.

This makes Kirk and Hal pansexual?

The line about Hal dating xenomorphs since the Beatles were writing "Help" was awesome though.

Default Adding another two issues to the 03 May list

Batman #123: Shadow War, part 5 - Ghost-Maker appeared in this issue

Flashpoint Beyond #1: Diana/WW was in this issue
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah I think it's an intriguing topic as well. Morrison of course had every right to bring up some of the stupid reactions to their previous entry that went way over the line and were completely uncalled for, still the examples they gave of Hal's past flames such as Dorine Clay, Ghia'ta from the GL animated series(who Hal never even dated, Carol just assumed he did when she saw them sitting together), or Arisia(ugh) have all been depicted as female characters. I guess the main argument seems to be the alien biology aspect and Hal's preferences not being limited to his own species, which obviously makes him more open-minded so to speak, but would it also classify him as pansexual. Then the comparison GM makes of Hal to Captain Kirk in that regard too I also found puzzling, since to my knowledge Kirk never dated non-female characters either, alien or otherwise.

The line about Hal dating xenomorphs since the Beatles were writing "Help" was awesome though.
    Going dirty with Xenomorphs would count as pan since they're females with dick mouths.

Default Next week's LGBTQI+ -related releases (10 May)

Wonder Woman #787: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/06/dc...der-woman-787/

There are Diana & Nubia in the preview.

"Spinning out of Trial of the Amazons… What lies in the treacherous waters surrounding the island of Themyscira? Wonder Woman takes a deep dive into her culture looking for answers to Altuum's claims of living in paradise before the Amazons ever arrived at the request of the gods. Could the legends told in her childhood all be lies?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suicide Squad: Get Joker! #3: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/06/dc...d-get-joker-3/

"The startling conclusion of this Black Label epic rockets to its surprising, yet inevitable, confrontation between The Joker and the Suicide Squad. With Red Hood wondering who he can trust as he’s forced to team up with Harley Quinn and other rogues against the Clown Prince of Crime, one last betrayal changes everything before the final page."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Sandman Universe: Nightmare Country #2: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/06/dc...are-country-2/

"With the Corinthian loose in the waking world, it’s no surprise that people are turning up dead…although this time, they’re not the nightmare’s doing. (Well, most of them.) The Corinthian is following a trail of bodies to the mysterious Mr. agony and Mr. ecstasy…but what’s their game? And even more pressing—whose tracks are they trying to cover?"

Superman: Son of Kal-El #11: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/06/dc...-of-kal-el-11/

Jon & Jay are in the preview, maybe the Aerie & Wink will also appear in the issue.

"Jonathan Kent has faced many challenges in his life as both Superman and a Super Son, but what will the first son of the Last Son of Krypton do in the face of…metahuman bombs? Jon faces a deadly decision and Lex Luthor’s alliance with President Bendix deepens in this penultimate chapter of The Rising Saga!"

Justice League vs. The Legion of Super-Heroes #3: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/06/dc...uper-heroes-3/

Jon Kent/Superman & Diana/WW are in it.

The Gold Lantern Saga, part 3
    "The Justice League is trapped in the 31st century with the Legion of Super-Heroes, while the looming terror of the Great Darkness hovers over both time period simultaneously. Even as the great heroes of the 21st century get to experience the fantastic far-flung future, the mysteries behind the Gold Lantern and the Great Darkness threaten all of existence. What is the secret behind the Great Darkness? And will the greatest heroes of two ages be able to stop it before it’s too late?"

Batman: Urban Legends #15: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/06/dc...an-legends-15/

Constantine will be in Bound to Our Will, part 5.

"Zatanna has to save Batman's soul! Ace the Bat-Hound must confront the source of his trauma…The Joker! Meanwhile, the night of Batman's auction is finally here! Katana doesn't buy what Lady Shiva is selling for a second about the new Birds of Prey, and she's going to let her know personally. Batman has to team up with Plastic Man to save a criminal from having his life taken by the Penguin and KGBeast!"

Blood Syndicate: Season One #1: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/06/dc...-season-one-1/

Fade is gay.

"You asked, and we delivered…the Blood Syndicate is back! Wise Son and Tech-9 have returned from their military tours in Afghanistan—and life in Dakota City could not be more different. While Icon and Rocket have been busy cleaning up the streets, Bang Babies have been forming rival gang factions. With Holocaust's influence—and super-powered army—growing, who will look out for the people of Paris Island when the capes aren't watching? What secrets do Wise and Tech hide from their time overseas? As the struggle for power on the chaotic streets spills into war…who will emerge victorious as the new kingpin of Paris Island?"

TBF there's no hetero explanation for this lol
    Do you know where this is from?

Geoff Johns' New-52 JL.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-09-2022 at 08:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Do you know where this is from?
    Justice League #51 (or #52 I don't remember since they switch the Luthor issue and Dick issue around) before Rebirth began when New 52 Dick Grayson was introduced to the League

Thanks Johnny and Restingvoice!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

Applying real world logic to fictional situations seems like a waste of time. Didn't Hal also get called a predator cuz of the Arisia thing? Now it's okay cuz it actually means he's pansexual? I wouldn't worry about it.

Nice She-Hulk pic tho.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Applying real world logic to fictional situations seems like a waste of time. Didn't Hal also get called a predator cuz of the Arisia thing? Now it's okay cuz it actually means he's pansexual? I wouldn't worry about it.

Nice She-Hulk pic tho.
    I have heard people call Hal a predator because of the Arisa thing.