Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    Ultimate Member

I honestly didn't much care for it.

I'm tired of the writers treating X guys as the only mutant voice, and the flaws here were especially glaring.

The Hellions, pampered mutants who were being groomed to exploit their fellow mutants have no room to lecture. Really annoying, when you consider that Firestar was part of the team that brought down the Upstarts.

Angelica was always better than the Hellions, and better to them than they were to her, as she was part of the group that informed Empath of their death.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

I'm tired of the writers treating X guys as the only mutant voice, and the flaws here were especially glaring.

The Hellions, pampered mutants who were being groomed to exploit their fellow mutants have no room to lecture. Really annoying, when you consider that Firestar was part of the team that brought down the Upstarts.

Angelica was always better than the Hellions, and better to them than they were to her, as she was part of the group that informed Empath of their death.
    I know what you mean. Perhaps that's why Empath wasn't present when the others decided to give her a mouthful? Or perhaps he was just afraid Angelica would give him a good beating like the last time they encountered lol.

A lot of new readers don't know the history of Firestar and they don't know all the times she has fought for mutants. Duggan pays lip service to the fans and if it wasn't for this annual, you'd think Angelica is a long term serving member of the Avengers that has never had any interaction with any other mutants, let alone the X-Men. And for that I'm glad the annual showed some of her past interactions.

I think you'll just have to roll with the X-Men being the only voice of mutants as I don't see that changing anytime soon because the X-Men have literally taken in most if not all the mutant heroes now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I know what you mean. Perhaps that's why Empath wasn't present when the others decided to give her a mouthful? Or perhaps he was just afraid Angelica would give him a good beating like the last time they encountered lol.

A lot of new readers don't know the history of Firestar and they don't know all the times she has fought for mutants. Duggan pays lip service to the fans and if it wasn't for this annual, you'd think Angelica is a long term serving member of the Avengers that has never had any interaction with any other mutants, let alone the X-Men. And for that I'm glad the annual showed some of her past interactions.

I think you'll just have to roll with the X-Men being the only voice of mutants as I don't see that changing anytime soon because the X-Men have literally taken in most if not all the mutant heroes now.
    Not to beat a dead horse, but...beatdeadhorse.gif...that has been an issue for me since the beginning. Where are the dissenters. And not just people like Whirlwind was shown in this issue and on the data page discussed by Cyclops. Where the the mutant good guys who are not going there. There is a great opportunity for a Vance Astrovik story (among a few others) to show that dissenting opinion.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

I wish they’d stop calling her “Angie”. Her shortened name has always been Angel.. why is Angie suddenly being used all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

The X Office seems committed to catering to this vocal minority of fans who don't know Angelica's history and don't care to. It's annoying but whatever at this point.

I did enjoy the annual as a whole. I did roll my eyes at the usual Avengers crap and Angelica having to explain herself to the Hellions of all people. But I loved the touches of her history (especially a callback to her friendship with the other Divas) and it was cool to see her heroism, compassion, and interesting applications of her powers.