Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Firestar and New Warriors in Today Spider-Bot Infinity comic 012

Last edited by juan678; 03-07-2022 at 02:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I appreciate Firestar! As a big New Warriors fan, I'd be happy for any and all of their mutant characters to join the fun in Krakoa and would love to see Angelica win the contest and join the X-Men (I do love many of the other characters in the running as well tbh)

Also, Firestar joining the X-Men would be most appropriate: despite Angelica never being overly connected to the world of X over the years, her first canon comicbook appearance has been on Uncanny X-Men, and her original Amazing Friends backstory established she was an X-Man along with Iceman before they branched out on their own, so I claim Firestar as an X-Man as her birthright!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I appreciate Firestar! As a big New Warriors fan, I'd be happy for any and all of their mutant characters to join the fun in Krakoa and would love to see Angelica win the contest and join the X-Men (I do love many of the other characters in the running as well tbh)
    Indeed. If Angel does make the team, I'd LOVE to see her get more to do.
    Probably won't be as much as her days with The New Warriors, but hopefully similar to what she had with The Avengers (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Also, Firestar joining the X-Men would be most appropriate: despite Angelica never being overly connected to the world of X over the years, her first canon comicbook appearance has been on Uncanny X-Men, and her original Amazing Friends backstory established she was an X-Man along with Iceman before they branched out on their own, so I claim Firestar as an X-Man as her birthright!
    I know, right?! Whenever there was a reunion with the X-Men, those episodes became instant classics & personal faves of mine (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-07-2022 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. If Angel does make the team, I'd LOVE to see her get more to do.
    Probably won't be as much as her days with The New Warriors, but hopefully similar to what she had with The Avengers (XD)

I know, right?! Whenever there was a reunion with the X-Men, those episodes became instant classics & personal faves of mine (LOL):

If she joins the X-Men I hope she gets some good stories. I don't think she had any of her own storylines when she was last on the team.

One thing I do really want is for the artist to not draw her with flame powers. I really liked her energy signature back in the new Warrior days. Less flame, more microwaves please!

And remember, when she was created she was supposed to be one of the most powerful mutants on the planet. Maybe the writers could delve into how her powers work? They don't just cook people. We've seen in the past that her powers can be used to scramble other powers like telepathy amongst others.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    If she joins the X-Men I hope she gets some good stories. I don't think she had any of her own storylines when she was last on the team.

One thing I do really want is for the artist to not draw her with flame powers. I really liked her energy signature back in the new Warrior days. Less flame, more microwaves please!

And remember, when she was created she was supposed to be one of the most powerful mutants on the planet. Maybe the writers could delve into how her powers work? They don't just cook people. We've seen in the past that her powers can be used to scramble other powers like telepathy amongst others.
    I know, right?! In addition, she's much more powerful in outer space. So much so, she's proven capable of opening up spacewarps.
    If there's ever a space-mission, the writers/creators could also explore that (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-07-2022 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

George Perez (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    George Perez (RIP)

He drew a great Firestar. RIP.

I wonder if Angelica will get a new costume IF she joins the team?

As much as I love the original icon costume, looking on the twittersphere a few X fans were moaning about Angels "out of date" costume.

Extraordinary Member

As much as I love the original icon costume, looking on the twittersphere a few X fans were moaning about Angels "out of date" costume.
    Stick with the classic. She does not need anything new.

I'd love to see an update of the classic. Even if they just add a red X belt.

I'd also prefer her current or cartoon mask, not the chunky one in early NW.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member

Best appearance of Angelica's original costume is on the cover of this issue of Young Allies...looks like it is more than just a spandex bodysuit.

I really like the Perez costume so I wouldn't mind seeing that again. The first comics I read with her in was the Maximum Carnage crossover so I'm nostalgic for very nineties leather jacket look. If she is wearing the mask make it smaller so you can see more of her face.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Doing a series of OG Hellions posts on Twitter and Angelica got her own

https://twitter.com/beradtz/status/1...GA4ZsXaelw-sWw
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I want Dauterman to be the one to design Firestar’s new costume, if she’s the one who joins the team.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I want Dauterman to be the one to design Firestar’s new costume, if she’s the one who joins the team.
    Yes please!!! I would LOVE to see what he comes up with. I'm assuming she'll be at the gala, so she'll need a gala dress too!