Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

The issue also confirms on-panel that Angelica doesn't live on Krakoa, which I think is the first time we've actually seen that shown in story. She uses the Krakoan gates to get around fast though.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

She'll probably get a new suit once she's voted in as an X-Man

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    I always liked the one she had in later issues of NW better. The darker colors, jacket and red gloves.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Agreed; it is a much better and modern design.
    For my money the Darick Robertson New Warriors design is MORE dated than her original suit, which at least had clean lines. The red suit has an everything and the kitchen sink-ness to it, that dates it to the 90s trends (all it needs is pouches). The flaming arm detail with red gloves on top, leather jacket with a literal star of fire emblazoned on the back, flaming lighting bolt pattern sweetheart top give it too much going on. And the slouchy boots are a hard "no" for me. The front view with the short jacket helps a bit by simplifying things a bit. Classic example of "get rid of (or in this case hide) a couple of accessories"
    Goggles I was on the fence about...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    For my money the Darick Robertson New Warriors design is MORE dated than her original suit, which at least had clean lines. The red suit has an everything and the kitchen sink-ness to it, that dates it to the 90s trends (all it needs is pouches). The flaming arm detail with red gloves on top, leather jacket with a literal star of fire emblazoned on the back, flaming lighting bolt pattern sweetheart top give it too much going on. And the slouchy boots are a hard "no" for me. The front view with the short jacket helps a bit by simplifying things a bit. Classic example of "get rid of (or in this case hide) a couple of accessories"
    Goggles I was on the fence about...

Agreed on this costume, there's some things to like about it but it definitely screams "90s" to me and makes Angelica look like one of the Ghost Riders.

And what's that Firestar mini cover coming from? #5 in a four-issue limited series LOL

It is the gloves, jacket, and boots. Take those away and it would be better, less 90s.

It would be fun for her to wear this again for a minute, but nothing beats the classic.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    And what's that Firestar mini cover coming from? #5 in a four-issue limited series LOL
    Fan art.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    It is the gloves, jacket, and boots. Take those away and it would be better, less 90s.

It would be fun for her to wear this again for a minute, but nothing beats the classic.
    Still looks like we got the better of Robertson's possible re-designs for Firestar. (cameo by Speedball)

Since it appears the resurrection protocols are public now having a mutant like Firestar who isn't in lockstep with Krakoa has a lot of interesting story opportunities

Extraordinary Member

Looks like our girl made the team...I have mixed feelings about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Thats the most "Amazing Friends" animated accurate interpretation that I've seen. The classic mask has usually been more flaming than angular when portrayed on the page.

I don't know much about Angelica but good for her and congrats to her fans. I love characters that get people riled up 😆

Speaking of possible new X-men costume for Angelica...Another unused re-design by Darick Robertson that sort of has an X shape.

I'm not loving the new haircut.

I don't think it'll be all that different tbh. Probably just her regular outfit with a little black and an X somewhere on it

Extraordinary Member

The weird thing about it to me is...(spoilering because I did not post all the pages)

spoilers:
    IIRC they are linked telepathically and they are all supposed to all be psychically screaming "PICKMEPICKMEPICKME!!!" and they are voted for based on that...considering she seems less than thrilled after being picked does seem a little confusing
    end of spoilers

The weird thing about it to me is...(spoilering because I did not post all the pages)

spoilers:
    IIRC they are linked telepathically and they are all supposed to all be psychically screaming "PICKMEPICKMEPICKME!!!" and they are voted for based on that...considering she seems less than thrilled after being picked does seem a little confusing
    end of spoilers
    That was literally my first thought looking at the image. Like why does she look unhappy to be there, even her body language. It doesn't make her feel very welcoming to anyone rooting for the team imo. It's like if you don't want to be there then leave. Maybe intentional.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/