Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I watch Nancy Drew. Does that show get any kind of ratings?

This is why I think the Arrowverse is done and the new owners, who own a large percent of the CW channels around the country, will move to programming that is cheaper to make. They need content on their channels to get viewers for advertising, but they can't spend more on it than it will make.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    A good first step.

The DC shows they produced ranged from Meh to Cringe.
    Quote Originally Posted by mburns View Post

Seems like Warner/Paramount are looking to dump a loser network on some suckers.
    Wait, you mean WOKE superheros...failed? Oh No! Anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Wait, you mean WOKE superheros...failed? Oh No! Anyway...
    Wait, you mean 10 years straight of programing is a failure? Oh No! Anyway...
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

The CW was before HBOMax and AT&T and Warner moving to streaming in a big way. The CW no longer fits their game plan. Has nothing to do with woke, please just stop this inane, kneejerk reaction.
    The Arrowverse was a success, Full Stop! They would not keep creating new shows if it weren't.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Wait, you mean 10 years straight of programing is a failure? Oh No! Anyway...
    #Accurate.

10 characters.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It's because the show has a female lead who is a lesbian, and now for season two they added a woman of color to that...not really much whether the show is actually any good or not...
    No, the gender/race shield won't work on this. Batwoman fails because its beyond cringe. I felt literal pain watching this show it was so bad.

The trailer for season 1 chased me away but I was a fan of Batwoman in the comics so I decided to give the series a try when the new actress joined. Here's a snippet of what this show is like:

I remember this one episode where someone impersonating Bruce Wayne (I couldn't remember if it was Clayface or Hush). Evil Bruce Wayne was chasing Batwoman with the Batmobile while Batwoman was driving a run down Mystery Machine Van. Even though the Batmobile had advanced targeting systems and state of the art weaponry, Batwoman was able to evade those attacks and get away.

Then there was this other episode where she was talking to Lucius Fox about how she earned the right to wear the costume because her "life has been so hard"....what the hell?

Take these really bad stories, put in some Lake Placid vs Anaconda level acting (but that movie is so bad its good), and add some of the worst fights I have ever seen and you can kind of understand why Batwoman earns these reviews.

I thought I had it bad being a fan of Cassandra Cain, but I genuinely sympathize for the Kathy Kane fans more.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 01-11-2022 at 01:19 PM.

Hmmm. Well they had a good run. Most of the shows started off really well in the first and second years, then started to drag.

Still more successful than any of Marvel's ongoing stuff. Marvel ended up completely switching to limited series with higher production values instead. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the DC characters get the same kind of treatment, as a turnabout is fairplay type of deal.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

No, the gender/race shield won't work on this. Batwoman fails because its beyond cringe. I felt literal pain watching this show it was so bad.

The trailer for season 1 chased me away but I was a fan of Batwoman in the comics so I decided to give the series a try when the new actress joined. Here's a snippet of what this show is like:

I remember this one episode where someone impersonating Bruce Wayne (I couldn't remember if it was Clayface or Hush). Evil Bruce Wayne was chasing Batwoman with the Batmobile while Batwoman was driving a run down Mystery Machine Van. Even though the Batmobile had advanced targeting systems and state of the art weaponry, Batwoman was able to evade those attacks and get away.

Then there was this other episode where she was talking to Lucius Fox about how she earned the right to wear the costume because her "life has been so hard"....what the hell?

Take these really bad stories, put in some Lake Placid vs Anaconda level acting (but that movie is so bad its good), and add some of the worst fights I have ever seen and you can kind of understand why Batwoman earns these reviews.

I thought I had it bad being a fan of Cassandra Cain, but I genuinely sympathize for the Kathy Kane fans more.
    I was only saying that the reasons that I gave were why it hadn't been cancelled yet. I wasn't saying that it was a good show or that it shouldn't be cancelled...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The CW was before HBOMax and AT&T and Warner moving to streaming in a big way. The CW no longer fits their game plan. Has nothing to do with woke, please just stop this inane, kneejerk reaction.
    The Arrowverse was a success, Full Stop! They would not keep creating new shows if it weren't.
    Word. I was hoping at least around here, I would be able to avoid these "Anti-SJW" type of nonsensical comments.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Is this the end of superheroes on broadcast TV I wonder, once Flash mercifully limps to the finish line and however long Legends goes (I think its done this season or at the most next) and how Naomi does.

Not for any sorta doom and gloom forecast of the super hero bubble (which will burst at SOME point) but just because as someone said earlier, streaming and streaming content was not a huge thing when the Arrowverse started and now it is, so shows will go there for the bigger budget, production values, etc
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 01-11-2022 at 04:16 PM.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes- that! I was thinking that the deal was they would finish out any DC shows that had already started on the CW but then, most stuff was going to HBO-Max.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Before anybody starts saying "THIS PROVES I WAS RIGHT!!!!! WOKE MEANS BROKE!!!" keep in mind that 1) the CW never made a profit. Well before the Arrow-verse and 2) this Nextstar doesn't have it's own shows so part of the rumor is that Warners will keep a minority stake and supplying content to them. Which means the Arrow-verse is probably still safe.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Hmmm. Well they had a good run. Most of the shows started off really well in the first and second years, then started to drag.

Still more successful than any of Marvel's ongoing stuff. Marvel ended up completely switching to limited series with higher production values instead. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the DC characters get the same kind of treatment, as a turnabout is fairplay type of deal.
    Which was a smart move on Marvel's part. The problem with the CW shows is that 22 - 24 episodes a series is just too much. That's why they feel like they drag on. You burn through so much material and characters to the point it becomes repetitive.

Let's use Flash S1 and Arrow S1. Now, I am of the opinion that the mid-series finale should have been the conclusion of their respective series. Flash confronting Reverse Flash at the stadium and Oliver's first encounter with Malcolm. It isn't a mistake that series with shorter episode counts are often the most praised (Legends and Superman & Lois)

Moving forward DC really needs to invest in shows that have a shorter run (which is what they've started doing).

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I watch Nancy Drew. Does that show get any kind of ratings?
    Glad to see another fan of this show. It's criminally underrated imo.

So you mean to say that a totally untrained amateur was unable to use a high tech weapon system efficiently the first time he used it? How unrealistic!

What an incredibly bad way to paraphrase that convo.