Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm not familiar with her work but I hope she's a great writer.
    From what I’ve read, she’s not.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    It's not really about the actual story or anything like that. It's more about the characterization of Wanda herself. Wanda in Darkhold was confidant, powerful, self-assured and took **** from no one not even Doom.

Personally that is the Wanda I want to see and not a Wanda that is a damsel in distress that doesn't know the extent of her powers, let's herself being talked down to from others who are not even in the position to do so and stands shy in the background with no agency of her own.
    I’d agree her characterization was better in Darkhold but that’s not really what my original statement was referring to.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    It's not really about the actual story or anything like that. It's more about the characterization of Wanda herself. Wanda in Darkhold was confidant, powerful, self-assured and took **** from no one not even Doom.

Personally that is the Wanda I want to see and not a Wanda that is a damsel in distress that doesn't know the extent of her powers, let's herself being talked down to from others who are not even in the position to do so and stands shy in the background with no agency of her own.
    Well, I think both her characterization and the fact that taking control of Chthon is a HUGE development for her.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    Talent should always be at the root for any hire.......quality control is important.
    At various times POC and their talent are not even considered. They are viewed as a diversity hire that puts out badly done material.
    Yet no one seems to have issues with their white counterparts. No matter the resume.

Wong has done 10 comic books. Before joining the X-Office. That is more than the following-

Victor Lavalle. Who only has 2 comics to his credit.
    Gerry Duggan. 2 books.
    Tini Howard. 8 books.
    Bryan Edward Hill. 4 books.
    Ben Percy 6 books.
    Leah Williams. 4 books.

So why should Wong be written off? She did more pre-X-Men comics then these guys.

Or viewed as a diversity hire? When Marjorie Liu wasn't viewed like that. Nor was Jim Lee, Jade Lee or Larry Hama. They all worked on X-books.
    Larry Hama is KNOWN for ONE book. Yet wrote 11 X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    At various times POC and their talent are not even considered. They are viewed as a diversity hire that puts out badly done material.
    Yet no one seems to have issues with their white counterparts. No matter the resume.

Wong has done 10 comic books. Before joining the X-Office. That is more than the following-

Victor Lavalle. Who only has 2 comics to his credit.
    Gerry Duggan. 2 books.
    Tini Howard. 8 books.
    Bryan Edward Hill. 4 books.
    Ben Percy 6 books.
    Leah Williams. 4 books.

So why should Wong be written off? She did more pre-X-Men comics then these guys.

Or viewed as a diversity hire? When Marjorie Liu wasn't viewed like that. Nor was Jim Lee, Jade Lee or Larry Hama. They all worked on X-books.
    Larry Hama is KNOWN for ONE book. Yet wrote 11 X-books.
    At the end of the day I care about if your good regardless of your race or background....can't say Im super familiar with her work but the lil bit I have read it was just ok for me hopefully she is good but at the end of the day I care more about the best people doing the job irrespective of what box they may check off....in the case of those you mentioned such as Jim Lee or Larry Hama very talented that also happened to be non white....I want POC to be recognized
    just as much as there white counterparts so a long as there good first and foremost same thing for a white creator.....
    HM I am a black male who has been reading X-Men and various other comics since about 89ish...

Gerry Duggan. 2 books.
    This guy has done several succesful comics for Marvel.
    Or do you count his run on Deadpool as his first X-book?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I think at this point I'd like to pretend it was his only book, because I actually liked it.

X-men has been decent though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I meant books before joining the X-office.

Or was he already in the X-Office when he started at Marvel?

The point is why do we have folks scream about getting new blood on these books yet it seems to matter more for some versus others.

Yes Gerry has had successful books-so has Wong.

Question-how many successful books do a POC or woman have to have in order not to be viewed as a diversity hire? How many awards?

If Wong is bad let her be judged on whatever X-work she gets. Not be written off form the start.

Look what keep hiring retreads have done for Teen Titans franchise. Anyone here wants that?

An X-Men book where everyone from Cyclops to Synch and Rouge are background to a whole new set of X-Men?

Or Rouge doing a Ric Grayson storyline?

I meant books before joining the X-office.

Or was he already in the X-Office when he started at Marvel?
    What do you count as joining th X-office? His run on Deadpool? I never get if those comics are supposed to be part of the X-line.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way